Suns @ Lakers Tuesday game thread 3-2-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Their top end players are better than ours. Our depth is better than theirs. I was making the second point, I will obviously concede the first.

However, injuries happen (either way of course) so who knows what could happen in the playoffs this year. This Suns team is built for the playoffs more than any other I can remember. So I am looking forward to seeing how it is going to turn out.
Hmm, we are deeper than I can recall any suns team since the 93 era, but I don’t know what you say is true.

Which is deeper:

Dario
Cam
Frank/crowder (one of them starts so you can only count one of them)
Payne
Nader
Etwaun
Galloway

kuzma
Harrell
Caldwell-Pope
Wes Matthews
Markieff
Caruso
Horton-tucker

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, we are deeper than I can recall any suns team since the 93 era, but I don’t know what you say is true.

Which is deeper:

Dario
Cam
Frank/crowder (one of them starts so you can only count one of them)
Payne
Nader
Etwaun
Galloway

kuzma
Harrell
Caldwell-Pope
Wes Matthews
Markieff
Caruso
Horton-tucker

I think they’re more talented and deeper than us when healthy. But they are also banged up and a bit older. If Davis is out of the playoffs, all bets are off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hint at Booker's magic word to referees.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think they’re more talented and deeper than us when healthy. But they are also banged up and a bit older. If Davis is out of the playoffs, all bets are off.
I agree. If they lose Davis we can beat them. If they lose Lebron they’re done.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No but there has been worse -- we've heard it on the mic in various NBA games before they could blank it out.

Pansy referees.
Agreed. Even if they did T him up, one is enough. No need for two.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Their top end players are better than ours. Our depth is better than theirs. I was making the second point, I will obviously concede the first.

However, injuries happen (either way of course) so who knows what could happen in the playoffs this year. This Suns team is built for the playoffs more than any other I can remember. So I am looking forward to seeing how it is going to turn out.

The issue is that AD is a really tough cover for everyone in the league, except maybe Bam and Giannis. And he’s their #2.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
98.7 keeps going off that Book needs to control his emotions

I disagree.

he needs to keep that edge; keep that intensity

It allows him to play at a top top level, and even just working the refs usually yields benefits worth the random T. Getting tossed is really rare. Everyone blowing it out of proportion.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
98.7 keeps going off that Book needs to control his emotions

I disagree.

he needs to keep that edge; keep that intensity

It allows him to play at a top top level, and even just working the refs usually yields benefits worth the random T. Getting tossed is really rare. Everyone blowing it out of proportion.

You can be firey and have an edge - but none of that can be directed at the officials - that's just stupid.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
You can be firey and have an edge - but none of that can be directed at the officials - that's just stupid.
Booker has gotten progressively more vocal with officials with calls and non-calls. I don't think it's helping his case any, even if other players get away with it (Lebron for example).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed. I actually hate Booker’s statement that he’s just moving on. If you don’t garner the kind of respect from officials that gives you leeway to bitch, guess what... don’t bitch to the point you get stupid techs.

lack of accountability from getting kicked out last night feels more like a Cardinals move at this point than this current Suns team. It’s weak and immature.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Idk. Feel like all the greats rode refs hard. Even coaches like Pop are well known for it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to excuse Booker but I believe that Covid rules and Lebron factored into Booker getting thrown out. How would you like to be a ref in last night's game with Lebron chirping at you from the tip-off in a fairly empty arena where you can hear every word these guys say? You know quite well the heat you'll take for ejecting Lebron so it's easier to just fire away at this upstart Devin. And most nights, the first ref would be walking away and the other ref would be telling Devin to cool off before he get tossed.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
agreed. I actually hate Booker’s statement that he’s just moving on. If you don’t garner the kind of respect from officials that gives you leeway to bitch, guess what... don’t bitch to the point you get stupid techs.

lack of accountability from getting kicked out last night feels more like a Cardinals move at this point than this current Suns team. It’s weak and immature.
My guess is that the bitching actually puts you in a worse light with relation to respect to the officials.

I haven't seen any mention of it, but I hope Devin went out of his way to apologize to the team and to the coaches for getting tossed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the bitching actually puts you in a worse light with relation to respect to the officials.

I haven't seen any mention of it, but I hope Devin went out of his way to apologize to the team and to the coaches for getting tossed.

agreed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No but there has been worse -- we've heard it on the mic in various NBA games before they could blank it out.

Pansy referees.
Gotta take the refs as they come. Book saw that this crew already issued 2 techs to the Lakers. His tech was for being mouthy, and so he does the “smart” thing and immediately follows it up by calling the ref a “b*tch?” Sorry, any reasonable person could see the ejection coming from that fact pattern. A leader has to be smarter than that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
haven’t seen him be guarded by our new and improved defense tho
True. But that new and improved defense allowed Horton-tucker double his typical output against us like he did in the two preseason games. Some players just elevate against certain teams.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
THT was getting DRAGGED on Lakers’ Twitter. I didn’t really notice it, but apparently he was Amare-level on defense in the 2nd half.