Suns @ Lakers Tuesday game thread 3-2-2021

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is that sarver? He’s officially back to being a boob then.
No context. I am guessing this pic is the result of some sort of friendly bet between Ayton and Sarver. Usually, this type of behavior is wager-related.

"Hey Robert, if we beat the Lakers . . . "

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AD is a super elite player, and Kuz and Gasol are solid. I still think they are a bit better than us, and match up well against us. I hope the Clippers or Jazz or Nuggets can take them out.

Yeah I don't see us beating that team when both are healthy, we just have no answer for too many of those guys. We can win a game or two when our outside shots are falling but we can't stop them which leaves us no room for cold streaks or miscues. They're better than we are and they are a matchup nightmare for us on top of it. But injuries and Covid happen so there's always a chance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting games tonight: Jazz play @ the 76ers and Warriors play @ the Trail Blazers.

Suns play the Warriors tomorrow.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne's play has fallen off for some reason. Definitely not the same player as earlier this season or in the Orlando bubble.

He's struggled since first injuring his foot, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the guy we need is still in there somewhere.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our only real hope is AD’s Achilles limits his minutes and/or effectiveness.

Lakers being able to stagger him with LeBron isn’t fair.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Please, man Noooo! Are there any site rules that prevent this? Looking at that pic on a regular basis is cruel....haha
You will look at it, and you will like it, dammit!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's struggled since first injuring his foot, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the guy we need is still in there somewhere.

The Suns need Payne for sure.

I'm glad the Suns have Moore but when healthy Payne plays good defense, can hit the three and most importantly get to the rim. The Suns need players that can consistently drive inside like Payne and Nader off the bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the real truth. We are a deeper team than the Lakers. And we are still developing as a team.

Why is it impossible to think it could happen this year?

Yikes.

you’re getting ahead of your skis. The only reason we looked deeper last night is because the Lakers were missing their entire front court in AD and Gasol and their very versatile 6th man in Kuzma.

I still think they grind us in a playoff series if they’re healthy, but if we’re playing anyone else in the West, winning wouldn’t shock me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From an impact standpoint, they're pretty similar.

Yup. Kuzma is basically the same as a shooter 1% higher from 2, 1% lower from 3, scores 1 ppg more, but grabs 3 more rebounds per game, all while playing the same minutes. And Kuzma is easlly the best player off the Lakers bench.

Saying he's not important to the Lakers is totally baseless... especially when they're already down both of their starters at PF/C (this sentence isn't responding to you, as much as it's continuing the conversation re: his importance for the team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here is the real truth. We are a deeper team than the Lakers. And we are still developing as a team.

Why is it impossible to think it could happen this year?

Yikes.
To be fair other than book getting tossed we were at full strength. They were missing Anthony Davis and kuzma. That’s an enormous difference in their depth.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was doing the same thing for the previous 2 years and we weren't a winning team. Seems like a poor excuse. We'd probably have a few less losses if he wasn't such a softie.

oh ok guy.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
The suns beating the Lakers in a playoff series is a long shot at best but that could be said about every other team in the league. At least there is a chance for the first time in a decade.

The fact we gained ground on them without Booker is a plus and shouldn't be overlooked.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair other than book getting tossed we were at full strength. They were missing Anthony Davis and kuzma. That’s an enormous difference in their depth.
Their top end players are better than ours. Our depth is better than theirs. I was making the second point, I will obviously concede the first.

However, injuries happen (either way of course) so who knows what could happen in the playoffs this year. This Suns team is built for the playoffs more than any other I can remember. So I am looking forward to seeing how it is going to turn out.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suns beating the Lakers in a playoff series is a long shot at best but that could be said about every other team in the league. At least there is a chance for the first time in a decade.

The fact we gained ground on them without Booker is a plus and shouldn't be overlooked.

What will be interesting is how much the condensed season and tight race in the West affects LeBron's health/stamina in the post-season. He's used to taking games off, having a longer season to rest.

The break last year was tailor made for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA