That Kyler Murray kid

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
SMH.... As fans lets just give the kid some time and at least see what he looks like and how he grows in year 3.
Either that or the Cardinals can always trade Kyler to the 49ers and get Josh Rosen back.

Interesting what some of the same people said about both quarterbacks:

Rosen: super smart, hella-smart, like having a coach on the field. Lacks arm strength but it's irrelevant because he's such a great playbook studier with an excellent work ethic and also he's smart and doesn't show emotion when he sucks which is all the time.

Murray: elite arm but irrelevant because he can't read a playbook even though he's completing nearly 70% of his passes. Super dumb and sensitive. Short. Likes to play video games. Elite legs but he can only run like that another 6 years then what?

Lmao

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When it comes to adding talent for Kyler here are the things to consider.

1 - Add talent on the offensive line to give Kyler the opportunity to become a more refined QB in the pocket.

2 - Add talent to ensure the offensive scheme can work. Essentially, do you have the talent to do what you want your offense to do.

Regarding 2, I really feel this is something we lack. As an offense we seem to want to go fast. We are predominantly no huddle and quickly get to the line of scrimmage. That said, we have to sub a lot which slows us down and enables the opposing team to sub.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't remember too many people complaining about "the lack of offensive weapons" when this team was 6-3 (and should have been even better) with Kyler being the talk of the league and even in the MVP discussion. Then Kyler got banged up and we had no suitable backup so we finished the year 2-5 with subpar Kyler. A decent backup QB and we're in the playoffs - even with the offensive line/weapons we had.

People rarely complain when a team is winning.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When it comes to adding talent for Kyler here are the things to consider.

1 - Add talent on the offensive line to give Kyler the opportunity to become a more refined QB in the pocket.

2 - Add talent to ensure the offensive scheme can work. Essentially, do you have the talent to do what you want your offense to do.

Regarding 2, I really feel this is something we lack. As an offense we seem to want to go fast. We are predominantly no huddle and quickly get to the line of scrimmage. That said, we have to sub a lot which slows us down and enables the opposing team to sub.

I think for the Cardinals to go fast, then probably upgrading the line is the most important. Having to go to 11 or 12 personnel for blocking purposes slows things down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will never understand why Hundley wasn't the guy at backup QB. I feel we would have beat the Rams had he played in that game.

FWIW Weinfuss wrote a review that's on I think ESPN now. For QB he said something like despite lots of people not agreeing, Streveler absolutely beat out Hundley last year and there's every reason to think he'll be ahead of Hundley again this year, if Hundley comes back, he's a FA. I don't remember the exact wording but he clearly is aware there are theories Hundley was in essence suspended last year because of the off field stuff and that was why he was 3rd string but Weinfuss was quite clear, Streveler was #2 because they thought he was better.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember too many people complaining about "the lack of offensive weapons" when this team was 6-3 (and should have been even better) with Kyler being the talk of the league and even in the MVP discussion. Then Kyler got banged up and we had no suitable backup so we finished the year 2-5 with subpar Kyler. A decent backup QB and we're in the playoffs - even with the offensive line/weapons we had.

Yep. If they can move back and pick up an extra pick or two, I would love Kellen Mond as Kyler's back up

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The most ridiculous part of your argument is that you are essentially saying the Cardinals don't need to use more assets to acquire talent.

Murray only had one reliable receiver last year! Does it matter what was used before? It's the same inane argument use were using for Rosen a few offseasons ago and look how that worked out.

The Cardinals need more receiving talent regardless of where it is acquired.
Please quote where I said we don't need more talent. I just find it ridiculous that some users feel we can't find any fault or question if Kyler Murray is a top 5 QB in the NFL until he gets another 1st round receiver, highly paid FA WR, or the absolutely perfect offensive situation.

DHop goes up to over $20 million per year next year. Kyler can get an extension as soon as next year. The amount of money we can invest in skill positions is going nowhere but down, so we'd better figure it out soon. It's tough to swallow paying big money/a #1 pick to a #2 WR when we have next to nothing at CB or #2 OLB.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think KM needs to work on fundamentals to improve his game.

He is leaving so much potential on the field without them.

His foot work is the first area to work on.

Reading a D.

Throwing on the run.

Etc.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Please quote where I said we don't need more talent. I just find it ridiculous that some users feel we can't find any fault or question if Kyler Murray is a top 5 QB in the NFL until he gets another 1st round receiver, highly paid FA WR, or the absolutely perfect offensive situation.

DHop goes up to over $20 million per year next year. Kyler can get an extension as soon as next year. The amount of money we can invest in skill positions is going nowhere but down, so we'd better figure it out soon. It's tough to swallow paying big money/a #1 pick to a #2 WR when we have next to nothing at CB or #2 OLB.

Bro...this team only had ONE dependable receiver.

Give me a UDFA who can catch most of the balls thrown his way. I think I speak for most of the board...the Cardinals desperately need receiver talent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyler running like Barry sanders covered a lot of warts in offense. It’s a great weapon but it’s a fools errand to rely upon that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
SF - 91 + TD
Was - 67 + 2TD
Det- 29 + TD
Car - 79
NYJ - 31 + TD
Dal - 74 + TD
Sea - 67 + TD
Mia - 106 + TD
Buf - 61 + 2TD

if you don’t think the above was a major contributing factor in going 6-3 and covering some warts in our offensive talent, I don’t know what to say to you because you’re just not being rational.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose