The Market 2021

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SEC is a little bit one sided. They suspended trading in 15 stocks today because of suspicious trading and social media hyping. So trump can go on Twitter and openly hype the market or trash stocks and the SEC doesn't say a thing. Congressmen and women can openly insider trade on knowledge of Covid and the SEC doesn't do a thing. But people use "bots" to talk up stocks allegedly and the SEC to the rescue.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SEC is a little bit one sided. They suspended trading in 15 stocks today because of suspicious trading and social media hyping. So trump can go on Twitter and openly hype the market or trash stocks and the SEC doesn't say a thing. Congressmen and women can openly insider trade on knowledge of Covid and the SEC doesn't do a thing. But people use "bots" to talk up stocks allegedly and the SEC to the rescue.

yeah everyone knew it was crooked but it being totally exposed in the month.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain type stuff

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd bet the majority aren't seeing the shanigans that have been exposed but some politicians definitely piped up

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early but disappointed we're not up higher. I figured with the house passing the stimulus on to the Senate, and the JNJ vaccine approval we'd see a 1000 point or more day up on the DOW. I was expecting 2 to 2.5% up across the indexes, so far closer to 1 to 1.5. Hopefully momentum takes us up higher.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know it's a good day when all of your stocks are up and AMZN is your worst performer.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
You know it's a good day when all of your stocks are up and AMZN is your worst performer.

Nice! I am down with 3 stocks, AMT, DLR and RCL...luckily I don't have large positions in any of them. RCL was my biggest mistake of 2020--down $15 a share from where I purchased it, I believe it'll bounce back eventually but it may take a couple of years and I have to be patient.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice! I am down with 3 stocks, AMT, DLR and RCL...luckily I don't have large positions in any of them. RCL was my biggest mistake of 2020--down $15 a share from where I purchased it, I believe it'll bounce back eventually but it may take a couple of years and I have to be patient.

The cruise lines were attractive last March as was most of the market, but I think they recovered too quickly for the challenges they will face. Even now, I see it being awhile before they are enjoying profit margins close to what they had pre-covid. Hopefully the trade works out for you.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The cruise lines were attractive last March as was most of the market, but I think they recovered too quickly for the challenges they will face. Even now, I see it being awhile before they are enjoying profit margins close to what they had pre-covid. Hopefully the trade works out for you.

The demand is there for the cruise industry (really the entire travel industry) but the pandemic has put so many restrictions in place that who knows when things will get back to close to normal. When RCL was asking for volunteers for "test cruises" that the CDC requires they had over 200K volunteers (and it was open only to members of their loyalty club) that shows me that people are ready to jump back on board as soon as the chance opens up. The problem is the cruise lines are in such a deep hole it will be a while before they dig themselves out...I am hoping to hit the break even point as far as what I purchased shares for by early 2023 but like I said I will just have to be patient. It was trading over $130 early last year--its just over $90 now (I was in at $106).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early but disappointed we're not up higher. I figured with the house passing the stimulus on to the Senate, and the JNJ vaccine approval we'd see a 1000 point or more day up on the DOW. I was expecting 2 to 2.5% up across the indexes, so far closer to 1 to 1.5. Hopefully momentum takes us up higher.

DOW didn't get as high as I'd hoped but Nasdaq sure took off nicely

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never got in on the cruise ships but I did get in on LUV and AAL. LUV already performed to where I wanted and I sold, I still have AAL but they are almost to my sell point too.

Went in more on TSLA today. Cannot state how bullish I am on that company and the future.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey @dscher, where are you seeing support and resistance for Ford? I'm starting to think about exiting the my position and would like to hear a technical opinion.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey @dscher, where are you seeing support and resistance for Ford? I'm starting to think about exiting the my position and would like to hear a technical opinion.
Looks like it has solid short term support around 10.50. You'll have a reaction in there regardless because of bounces it had prior to breaking out...along with a nice breakup candle. It's has been just straight up since March of last year, so the longer term support levels are a little harder to gauge.

Oh, and resistance looks to be around 12.25... you breakout above and it becomes support.

Edit. Didnt check my monthly of it..but just saw that you are currently in the area of resistance from the highs in 2014 as well. So that's definitely a decent zone to see what it does. I wouldn't be surprised with a strong move in the downward direction from it..but if you hold 12.25-12.50 or above that that should be great support. Good luck

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GME back to the moon?! ... Chart looks to be ready for another move.... possibly. o_O

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I never got in on the cruise ships but I did get in on LUV and AAL. LUV already performed to where I wanted and I sold, I still have AAL but they are almost to my sell point too.

Went in more on TSLA today. Cannot state how bullish I am on that company and the future.

I had bought into NCLH, AAL, and DAL when they all dropped last year. Sold off NCLH and AAL in January since I got tired of them meandering around and wanted to use the money elsewhere. DAL has been doing well for me though and I'll probably stay holding it.

If you're bullish on TSLA have you looked at Lucid Motors too? I bullish on both of them and have my EV stock split between the two. I really think TSLA:LCID is going to be the BMW:Merc of the EV world. They have top of the line tech, a plant already built in Casa Grande, and a good roadmap. They're technically not public yet but the merger with CCIV has been announced and is supposed to close in Q2. The price seems to have stabilized now too from the craziness of it the last two weeks. I'm holding long on both of them.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GME back to the moon?! ... Chart looks to be ready for another move.... possibly. o_O

I'm much more curious about the price activity in relation to end of month options expirations. It happened in Jan and Feb. I think you we are seeing speculators and even hedge funds ride the predictable WSB wave as they attempt to "short squeeze" and "fight the hedge funds". I expect the price to drop again during the month and then ratchet up at the end of March. I'm tempted to throw down a little money at the roulette table once it hits the floor for the month, but I think the SEC is sniffing around and may put a stop to it on the third attempt at this. Options premiums have been crazy. There seems to be some legitimate price manipulation happening and some in the WSB crowd may be more useful idiots than idiot savants they see themselves as.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm much more curious about the price activity in relation to end of month options expirations. It happened in Jan and Feb. I think you we are seeing speculators and even hedge funds ride the predictable WSB wave as they attempt to "short squeeze" and "fight the hedge funds". I expect the price to drop again during the month and then ratchet up at the end of March. I'm tempted to throw down a little money at the roulette table once it hits the floor for the month, but I think the SEC is sniffing around and may put a stop to it on the third attempt at this. Options premiums have been crazy. There seems to be some legitimate price manipulation happening and some in the WSB crowd may be more useful idiots than idiot savants they see themselves as.
The funny thing to me as a chartist is the fact it's moving completely sound to the technicals and support and resistance zones. It looks no different than any other of the hundreds of spec stocks that are traded every year making some speculators handsomely rewarded and others not so much.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had bought into NCLH, AAL, and DAL when they all dropped last year. Sold off NCLH and AAL in January since I got tired of them meandering around and wanted to use the money elsewhere. DAL has been doing well for me though and I'll probably stay holding it.

If you're bullish on TSLA have you looked at Lucid Motors too? I bullish on both of them and have my EV stock split between the two. I really think TSLA:LCID is going to be the BMW:Merc of the EV world. They have top of the line tech, a plant already built in Casa Grande, and a good roadmap. They're technically not public yet but the merger with CCIV has been announced and is supposed to close in Q2. The price seems to have stabilized now too from the craziness of it the last two weeks. I'm holding long on both of them.

I see tesla as a future visionary tech company and lucid as a car company right now.

I'm mostly ignorant to lucid, all I know is they're making some sweet looking ev

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My target for AAL was 28. I shouldve sold at a 25% day when it hit like 24 because you are right. it mostly sits still and slowly grows. its getting to a point where I could potentially record more gains with other stocks. I was hoping for a faster rebound for them.

The last few weeks have been good so ill probably stay patient for now.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I see tesla as a future visionary tech company and lucid as a car company right now.

I'm mostly ignorant to lucid, all I know is they're making some sweet looking ev

I'm seeing Lucid as more than a car company and as a tech company like TSLA. They already have better battery tech than Tesla. They're the sole Formula-E supplier if you didn't know. Like Tesla they also have home battery and other stuff coming. It's why I'm bullish on them like I am TSLA but not on NIO, FSR, etc.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing Lucid as more than a car company and as a tech company like TSLA. They already have better battery tech than Tesla. They're the sole Formula-E supplier if you didn't know. Like Tesla they also have home battery and other stuff coming. It's why I'm bullish on them like I am TSLA but not on NIO, FSR, etc.

Yeah my research into them is very minimal so, good to know they are working on similar stuff. I'm intrigued and should research it as it couldn't be bad to at least dip my toes into it now before it becomes something big. Considering they are newer, merging with another company and yet to sell a single car, it would just be a toe dip but why not if I research it and like their future? Thanks.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like it has solid short term support around 10.50. You'll have a reaction in there regardless because of bounces it had prior to breaking out...along with a nice breakup candle. It's has been just straight up since March of last year, so the longer term support levels are a little harder to gauge.

Oh, and resistance looks to be around 12.25... you breakout above and it becomes support.

Edit. Didnt check my monthly of it..but just saw that you are currently in the area of resistance from the highs in 2014 as well. So that's definitely a decent zone to see what it does. I wouldn't be surprised with a strong move in the downward direction from it..but if you hold 12.25-12.50 or above that that should be great support. Good luck

Ford got a big bounce today after being featured by Cramer last night as an under the radar re-opening stock. It just smashed through your resistance and is at 12.73 right now. Is their new support and resistance now?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ford got a big bounce today after being featured by Cramer last night as an under the radar re-opening stock. It just smashed through your resistance and is at 12.73 right now. Is their new support and resistance now?
Technicals on daily charts say yes... If it holds that 12.50-13.00 level then you should have a new floor of support. But these longer term charts can be based on weekly and monthly close of the candle. Daily close is a nice start though. Just keep you eye on these levels.

Uh, I was off on my monthly close of resistance from 2014. o_O. 13.00 is what needs to be cleared and held on a monthly close. Personally.. I think the chart looks great and it has a destiny/magnet towards that former breakdown area. 10.50 is still a decent level of support below ya.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Technicals on daily charts say yes... If it holds that 12.50-13.00 level then you should have a new floor of support. But these longer term charts can be based on weekly and monthly close of the candle. Daily close is a nice start though. Just keep you eye on these levels.

Uh, I was off on my monthly close of resistance from 2014. o_O. 13.00 is what needs to be cleared and held on a monthly close. Personally.. I think the chart looks great and it has a destiny/magnet towards that former breakdown area. 10.50 is still a decent level of support below ya.

Do you also do horoscopes? It sounds like the same skill set.