JJ Watt signs with AZ

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Reggie White was still beyond dominant, coming off three consecutive 16 game seasons with 14/15/14 sacks in each and no injury history.

There’s no comparison there. If we had signed Watt three years ago when he was at the top of his game, that would be a comparison.

also, looking at Reggie White’s stats just now... GOOD LORD. He was beyond beast pretty much his entire career. I mean, even at age 37, in his final season he got 16 SACKS.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitRe00.htm

I remember him being great, especially on those Eagles teams that used to pulverize us, but the longevity and havoc he was able to wreak so late into his career is pretty astounding.
You're telling me that Reggie White had four more sacks in his last year with the Packers than Hasson Reddick had in his final year with the Cardinals, well that's impressive.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Allen Robinson would’ve been a better choice. Damn u KEIM

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is definitely an interesting move.

I agree a bit with what @Chris_Sanders stated. JJ Watt is a culture player. He will demonstrate to all of the young guys on how to be a pro and how to work out.

He's still a damn good player. 15th in pass rush win rate.

I won't like this move if Devon Kennard is the next best pass rushing OLB and it could be a horrible move if CJ doesn't bounce back. One thing that NONE of us long suffering Cardinals fans can dispute is that this current management group does make splashy moves regularly.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Allen Robinson would’ve been a better choice. Damn u KEIM

I disagree! We would have been sitting here next year saying "What good are these WR's if Murray is running for his life, or the defense can't stop anyone, etc.

Watt is a much more impactful piece. He is BY FAR our best D-Lineman, and is able to dominate at times. Every offense we play will have to be aware of him, and if they aren't he will make them pay.

With Robinson, yes...he would have been a good WR#2...but would need at least 2 lineman, a RB, and a TE to actually reach his potential.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is definitely a risk and I hope the Cards are restructuring contracts to give them for cap flexibility. No two guys have more sacks in the NFL since 2012 than Jones/Watt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what. Screw it.

CJ and TJ on the same team. I'm just going to enjoy it and hope for the best. If it works out then Yay. If not Keim gets fired and Yay.

You must be registered for see images attach
Eh screw it... I might as well be in too!

Let’s hope this works out like gangbusters and Watt is ready to unleash hell with CJ and maybe even Reddick too to give us a DOMINANT pass rush.

plenty of time to lament if this goes bad.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you rather have JJ Watt or Hassan Reddick?

JJ Watt is such a more complete player. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

That is a really tough question. But I think Reddick could have been signed for less than 15 million a year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm both very excited and confused with this move. That's a lot of money, but I'm happy to have a guy with his leadership on the team. I allowed myself to dream about it a little when DHop posted that IG post earlier. I'm going to err on the side of positivity here, and hope he kills it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson