Wayyyy OT: COVID Vaccine experience

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colorado has been painfully slow as over 300k vaccines has been redistributed. We don't expect to see our general public vaccines available until the summer. ;(

Wow. Arizona hit one million a week ago and - at the same time - Maricopa County opened it up to anyone over 65. Pima County just opened it up to anyone 65 and older yesterday.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Arizona hit one million a week ago and - at the same time - Maricopa County opened it up to anyone over 65. Pima County just opened it up to anyone 65 and older yesterday.
65 and over isn't considered general public in most states. It is considered high risk.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
65 and over isn't considered general public in most states. It is considered high risk.
I am in phase 1B and I just received my first shot when they opened up age 65. My wife has a high risk condition but cannot get her shot yet as they have not opened up phase 1C.

You must be registered for see images attach

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My wife got her first one yesterday. I was supposed to get mine this Saturday, but received an email a couple of hours ago to reschedule. My appt has been canceled.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In NJ, my wife and I (in our 80's) are on three different appointment lists, but have been unable to connect with anyone to book a time or date.

I want the shots, but, between weather and supply challenges, we aren't getting anywhere.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In NJ, my wife and I (in our 80's) are on three different appointment lists, but have been unable to connect with anyone to book a time or date.

I want the shots, but, between weather and supply challenges, we aren't getting anywhere.

So frustrated for you and every one in your position, Jeff.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sending you the best of luck to get an appointment SOON.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Any luck finding appointments for yourself & your wife yet, Jeff?

My brother got an appt yesterday (Wed) morning for this afternoon at a CVS thru the CVS app. Per the manager at the CVS in Elizabeth where my wife & I went for our 1st shots, CVS opens up more slots as they are able to confirm supply. He said this will usually happen mornings around 7am-ish, and recommended checking daily to see if any open up. My brother & his partner started trying this method last week, and both had success in booking appts yesterday. The CVS manager also said that based on the people he spoke with each day, more had success going thru the app vs the website. Give it a shot if you're still searching! Let me know if you have questions and I'll try and answer them for you. Good luck!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife and I (age 75+) get our 1st shots tomorrow am.

Reports here of Shot #2 side effects make me nervous. But, in the end, the risk/reward and social benefits of the shots represent a net-plus.

Note - Organization and communications effort at various levels of government has been somewhat shaky. Hopefully, our leaders will have learned from the experience and will leave a much better mechanism in place to deal with the next (ughh!) pandemic.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I (age 75+) get our 1st shots tomorrow am.

Reports here of Shot #2 side effects make me nervous. But, in the end, the risk/reward and social benefits of the shots represent a net-plus.

Note - Organization and communications effort at various levels of government has been somewhat shaky. Hopefully, our leaders will have learned from the experience and will leave a much better mechanism in place to deal with the next (ughh!) pandemic.
Jeff, congrats. My wife and I, both 83, had our second shot on Wednesday, with zero after effects. Though, friends have told me that since I'm a Cardinals fan, it's probably a case of "no sense, no feeling".

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good to hear that you've finally had some luck in getting scheduled!
We "got jabbed" this morning (local emergency outreach group helped us get connected). Aside from a slightly sore "mouse-arm", things went swiimmingly. 2nd shot is booked for late March.

Local activists are miracle workers (Without them, we'd be left to making faces at our blank computer screens). Main problimo is "lack of feedback" (We're asked to submit a lengthy questionnaire, but aren't told whether or not "we're on the exhalted "appointment list."

Note - one advantage of being a Card fan is that complete strangers who are there to help you single you out as "that guy in the Cardinal hat."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose