OT: Russell Wilson frustrated with Seattle, might be available

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way is he available. He definitely tipped their hand in the draft/FA though. We all knew they needed line help and he is going to get it.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was trying to make fun of 12's!
Wow is this being considered?
I mean if he’s really on the block, Russ for Watson and some pics is the only legitimate outcome and that would be freakin scary.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
guys like russell wilson are rare. dude wants to win more than anything else. I would have him as my QB is a new york minute, he is the definition of franchise QB.

zero chance the seahawks trade him

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wilson knows that feeling all too well. Pressure played an undeniable role in the Seahawks’ playoff loss to the Rams, who sacked Wilson five times, hit him 10 times, and pressured him on a season-high 43.8 percent of his dropbacks. That’s been the story of Wilson’s career. In nine seasons, he’s been sacked 394 times, an average of 43.8 sacks per season—more than any other QB since the 1970 merger. He’s on track to become the most-sacked QB in league history in three years, surpassing Brett Favre’s total of 525.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/2/11/22277340/russell-wilson-seattle-seahawks-offense-offseason

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this all came from a WR who barely played there, Brandon marshall who said he knew that Wilson was unhappy.

What Marshall said is interesting he said it's not just the OL, it's the design of the offense, there's no checkdowns there's no intermediate stuff the design is to run deeper routes and for Wilson to either hang in the pocket, or if it breaks down, buy time with his legs.

He said it's just gotten frustrating for Wilson because the hits he's taking are literally by design, the deeper routes he either gets hit in the pocket or hit outside the pocket if he runs to avoid the pressure.

Really interesting to see what they do.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this all came from a WR who barely played there, Brandon marshall who said he knew that Wilson was unhappy.

What Marshall said is interesting he said it's not just the OL, it's the design of the offense, there's no checkdowns there's no intermediate stuff the design is to run deeper routes and for Wilson to either hang in the pocket, or if it breaks down, buy time with his legs.

He said it's just gotten frustrating for Wilson because the hits he's taking are literally by design, the deeper routes he either gets hit in the pocket or hit outside the pocket if he runs to avoid the pressure.

Really interesting to see what they do.

likely why we see RW scrambling and making a miraculous throw so many times. maybe we haven't even seen the best of RW yet. that's scary

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you trade Wilson for Watson?

No, but I don't watch as much Watson as I do Wilson given how little the cardinals play the Texans. I do however know that Wilson is absolutely elite and that even with his poor offensive line he held up in the MVP conversation for more than half the season if not all of it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Dvontel who made this point last week about Aaron Rodgers and I think it has LOTS to do with Russell Wilson now. I think Wilson sees where Rodgers is at 37 and realizes that might be me if I don't speak up and demand they improve the OL and make changes to the offense.

it was ok when they had an elite defense but they don't now, and if they try to build another one that means spending draft picks and FA money on defense, and NOT on offense. I think Wilson wants to make it apparent I'm not getting any younger spend some of that money on MY side of the ball or else.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think he’s overrated and he’s not going anywhere.

OP
OP
Vacard

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s probably moot anyways:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Would you trade Wilson for Watson?
Now, hm I dunno, Russ is 33 now, another 5-7 years on elite but than his playstyle will have a decline. His window is now and I think he knows it himself.

So If I have a good D and an O-line in place, I trade for him and don't look back. But if I have a problematic Oline no D to speak off, I wouldn't trade for him and in Seahawks case I would clearly look into a trade that involves a way younger QB that maybe is not yet there but with 7 years to go till he is as old as Russ (Watson is 26) I can see a benefit to build my Team around a younger frachise QB and maybe get even a pick or two to support my new franchise QB even more.

That said, I don't think Watson would fair that well in the NFC Best and would be a downgrade, maybe not only for now, but on the long run. So would I trade, probably not, since if I couldn't help my "old" QB how in the world I'm confident that I get that finally right after 9 years ....

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i know that Athletic article is behind a paywall

but that article sure makes it sound like the split is real and long coming

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA