OT the DeShaun Watson trade stuff

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And along those lines, no one wants Kingsbury. We could fire him and no one is hiring him as their head coach.
Only the cards or browns would hire a ncaf coach fired from not even a powerhouse football ncaa team... lol

Use to this being a cards fan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like the idea of getting draft picks for Kingsbury. That's about it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No way we make this trade in a contracting year like this. With revenues down, you don't trade a good QB on a rookie deal for a player maybe 10-20 % better that is owed $150 million. Straight up, that deal heavily favors Houston.

Keep in mind, Kyler being on a rookie deal means we have MUCH more cap space to build around him. I would not get behind this trade unless you knew for sure Watson was 100% the missing piece to this roster as it is now to win a super bowl.

Not with this set of WRs, DL, and DBs that all need serious upgrades. Hard pass.
Do we really think SK even knows what missing pieces we need, let alone trust him to make the right moves lol? I hope for our sake he does but I'm not holding my breath. He's made some great trades but his draft record speaks for itself, mostly bad.

Dear Steve Keim:
For the love of god, when you decide to either sign a WR in FA or draft one, please ask Jerry Sullivan which one he wants?

Signed:
The whole Cardinal fan base.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch's take is more about dumping Kingsbury than Kyler.

After fretting about this for weeks I am firmly in the fire everyone camp now. Kyler's rookie contract even if he is only a top 10 QB is gold.

I don't trust anyone in the organization to properly use that right now
I'm not out on Kingsbury, but I do believe he needs a readymade QB. Watson's ability to extend plays, make something out of nothing throws on the run, etc fits the Manziel/Mahomes style that executed his offense best.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The rumor is Watson to the dolphins for Tua and a first which isn’t far removed from a Murray trade. We aren’t going to win anything while Murray is on his rookie contract. Kyler is going to want an extension before he hits his final year and it’s going to be over $30m a year for a QB that at the end of the day could be the next Matthew stafford. He’s a guy that will put up great stats but his teams overall won’t win anything. They will make a couple playoff runs but nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The rumor is Watson to the dolphins for Tua and a first which isn’t far removed from a Murray trade. We aren’t going to win anything while Murray is on his rookie contract. Kyler is going to want an extension before he hits his final year and it’s going to be over $30m a year for a QB that at the end of the day could be the next Matthew stafford. He’s a guy that will put up great stats but his teams overall won’t win anything. They will make a couple playoff runs but nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can u give me the numbers for the lottery?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am like "it will never happen" but the moment I say that this will never happen is the moment Keim trades Kyler for Watson and then they hire Doug Pederson as HC thus firing Kliff. Amidst all of it, Keim keeps his job...but it will never happen.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW Stephen A Smith says his source tells him the Rams are putting together a package that includes Goff to try and get Watson

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the underrated and correct take. Kyler has two more years on his rookie deal, and we hope that at the end of that deal he's as good as DeShaun is right now.

The real difference between Murray and the best nfl qb's is consistency

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the underrated and correct take. Kyler has two more years on his rookie deal, and we hope that at the end of that deal he's as good as DeShaun is right now.

Watson had an amazing season statistically, it's hard to quantify because they won 4 games and he threw only 69 passes this year in the 4th quarter of wins. Kyler threw nearly 100 more passes in that situation. But if you look at the stats in close games Watson was better than Kyler in close games he just didn't play in as many due to them being a bad team.

Kyler takes far less sacks, and is a better runner, Watson a better thrower, higher %, and much higher YPA. I'd say this year Watson was better, more TD passes less picks higher %, but Kyler's running made it close.

I think the deciding factor is when Kyler hurt his shoulder and couldn't run as much his production fell way off.

If the Rams got Watson it would be interesting, McVay would find a way to get him outside the pocket so his sacks go way down and probably would make him an MVP candidate. Just don't know what they'd have to trade to get him, draft pick won't be high and the Texans probably aren't all that interested in Goff, lots of money, not a great QB, he might actually have to compete with Wolford for the job next year

Kyler obviously has weaknesses, I love the kid I'm glad we got him but yeah in a straight up trade, Watson is the better player right now, the contract just makes it awfully tough to consider.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know :) it’s these stories continuously coming up about trading our best players all the time that get me

the other side says only our best players have the value for a trade possibly giving an advantage to the cardinals

The disturbing aspect has to do with the low value of our best players. Ugh

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
FWIW Stephen A Smith says his source tells him the Rams are putting together a package that includes Goff to try and get Watson

Not going to happen. Rams don't even have their first rounder this year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watson had an amazing season statistically, it's hard to quantify because they won 4 games and he threw only 69 passes this year in the 4th quarter of wins. Kyler threw nearly 100 more passes in that situation. But if you look at the stats in close games Watson was better than Kyler in close games he just didn't play in as many due to them being a bad team.

Kyler takes far less sacks, and is a better runner, Watson a better thrower, higher %, and much higher YPA. I'd say this year Watson was better, more TD passes less picks higher %, but Kyler's running made it close.

I think the deciding factor is when Kyler hurt his shoulder and couldn't run as much his production fell way off.

If the Rams got Watson it would be interesting, McVay would find a way to get him outside the pocket so his sacks go way down and probably would make him an MVP candidate. Just don't know what they'd have to trade to get him, draft pick won't be high and the Texans probably aren't all that interested in Goff, lots of money, not a great QB, he might actually have to compete with Wolford for the job next year

Kyler obviously has weaknesses, I love the kid I'm glad we got him but yeah in a straight up trade, Watson is the better player right now, the contract just makes it awfully tough to consider.
Texans already eat the unpaid bonus money so you would be in the 30 mil range for the entire contract. If you think Watson is one of the 7 best QBs in the NFL, the 30 mil range is fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave