Running Back Is a Huge Missing Piece

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Trey Sermon may be the back in the game tonight.

I just don’t know about his top end speed. The last 2 games he’s reminded me a Nick Chubb type back.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep saying it, Jermar Jefferson from Oregon State. He's already declared, he's currently projected 3rd to 4th round. He's probably not big enough to go much higher he's only 5'10"although he's about 215. I doubt he's going to blow anybody away at a combine but he did apparently run a 4.43 at their OSU combine in March of this year.

Just a good player, over 200 yards against Oregon this year.

The first run it's blocked for about 4-5 yards tops, he goes for 82. The run from near his own goal line again not blocked for very much he sees that and cuts it back to the outside and gets like 35 yards. I've seen him play twice, both this year and he does that multiple times in each game he just pops out the other end he appears to have really good vison and he runs hard. Was not used much in the pass game that and his size is presumably why he's not higher rated. This highlight has all the runs not just the big ones so there are losses in here too

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give me a break. Not everything is Kliff's fault.

Keim's terrible drafting for the past decade is probably his fault too.

that’s sarcasm I was responding to the guy I quoted who said Kliff wasn’t using Drake right anymore.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a dream, that would be mine too. But we would have to be in the top 10 or so picks in both rounds to have that happen. I believe Smith will be gone by 16 and Harris gone before we get to our R2 pick. Shame, isn't it. But I like the way you dream.

I think one of those 3 would be there at 16

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Dear running backs, sucks being you if you want big contracts but be thankful you can live the dream. Easy to remedy in the second or third round or even later

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
100% a huge need.

Drake is serviceable but that’s it. He’s not explosive at all and brings zero big play threat.

Harris is my round 2 target he’s going to be there.
That’s where I landed. But I don’t think he reaches us in round two unfortunately.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t want Drake next year. Keep Edmonds, need infusion of speed at Rb along with a pile mover. Harris would be nice but probably won’t be there

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly its at the point where I wouldn't mind taking Najee Harris in the first. I know RBs usually go in the 2nd but short yardage situations were so terrible for us this year and he looks like such a sure thing having both speed and power. I don't have facts to back this up but I also feel RB is the easiest position to evaluate making finding a gem in the later rounds less likely than other positions.

There are plenty of other guys that I would want to fall to us in the 1st before Harris and other positions that are even more of a need, but I still think Harris would be an immediate impact player.

Either way we have to get one. Resigning Drake is a mistake and Edmonds is not capable of being the 3 down back we want.

Maybe IOL is what we need to have a threatening running game?

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Honestly its at the point where I wouldn't mind taking Najee Harris in the first. I know RBs usually go in the 2nd but short yardage situations were so terrible for us this year and he looks like such a sure thing having both speed and power. I don't have facts to back this up but I also feel RB is the easiest position to evaluate making finding a gem in the later rounds less likely than other positions.

There are plenty of other guys that I would want to fall to us in the 1st before Harris and other positions that are even more of a need, but I still think Harris would be an immediate impact player.

Either way we have to get one. Resigning Drake is a mistake and Edmonds is not capable of being the 3 down back we want.

Maybe IOL is what we need to have a threatening running game?

Extraordinary performance at the best time ever. I wouldn’t take him at 16, but I could be attracted to a trade down but that incurs many risks. The guys I mentioned above & Finito were correct, he stands above this pool.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Espn has us taking Travis Etienne RB from Clemson in their first mock draft.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
U can get a solid one in round 5
If u have a roster with few holes I'm fine getting a talented rb in early rounds, but that's not our case
I m pushing his name for a while, kylin hill would be perfect in this offense
I would trade up from round 5 to round 4 to get him, maybe including Isabella (someone would take a flier on him)

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Javonte Williams for North Carolina was pretty impressive. He's a guy that may be 3rd round or later. I don't know what happened to Etienne but he didn't look like the same guy this year. Maybe it's just familiarity and he's the same guy.

The kid from Memphis is getting alot of rave reviews too. My favorite RB prospect ever was from Memphis, DeAngelo Williams.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Javonte Williams for North Carolina was pretty impressive. He's a guy that may be 3rd round or later. I don't know what happened to Etienne but he didn't look like the same guy this year. Maybe it's just familiarity and he's the same guy.

The kid from Memphis is getting alot of rave reviews too. My favorite RB prospect ever was from Memphis, DeAngelo Williams.
I also like Javonte Williams and Kenneth Gainwell.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Loved Williams while he was in college.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Loved Williams while he was in college.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose