Suns training camp and preseason thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will start season on December 23rd playing the Mavericks on national television, ESPN.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a break, Lebron will be retired in 2 years, which is as soon as Booker could realistically even consider forcing a trade.

LeBron will play into his 40's, barring a serious injury. He's gone on record about wanting to play with his son in the NBA and his son is currently 16, I believe.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron will play into his 40's, barring a serious injury. He's gone on record about wanting to play with his son in the NBA and his son is currently 16, I believe.

I'm sure some team will be drafting Bronny to match him with Lebron. He should still be a very good player for years to come. It might be fun to watch.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Those are stats before the end of the season. He ended with 7.8 3PA per 36 and 39%. Not that it makes much of a difference. That is also way too specific to really mean a whole lot.

I turned the numbers down a bit to more closely match his end of season stats and got the following list.

https://stathead.com/tiny/MCzH6

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Maybe it was the lighting in the room I watched the D Book interview in today, but he wore a jacket that matched the background exactly. So he looked like a floating head when I watched it!! LOL!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was the lighting in the room I watched the D Book interview in today, but he wore a jacket that matched the background exactly. So he looked like a floating head when I watched it!! LOL!

As long as it wasn't a Lakers jacket!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lineups/minutes

Starters:

Cp3
Book
Ayton
Crowder
Bridges

Who comes in when cp3 goes out? I'm curious what you guys think the substitution patterns will be.

It is a lot tougher this season because we have rookie and some vets who could be contributors right away.
Last season, it was eh, lets try to give Okobo or Jerome some playing time to develop them.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lineups/minutes

Starters:

Cp3
Book
Ayton
Crowder
Bridges

Who comes in when cp3 goes out? I'm curious what you guys think the substitution patterns will be.

It is a lot tougher this season because we have rookie and some vets who could be contributors right away.
Last season, it was eh, lets try to give Okobo or Jerome some playing time to develop them.

I think Dario and Cam Johnson are clear rotation players. Saric should be the first sub for Ayton, Johnson for Bridges, and either Johnson or Saric at the 4 depending on the matchup. I'm assuming Smith is brought along slowly.

The tougher area to predict (of course) is the guard rotation. I think Cam Payne has the most upside and I am hoping he wins the battle to be the first guard off the bench. There's a good chance he doesn't though, and if that happens my best guess would be that the first guard off the bench would then change based on the situation.

For now, I'll guess:

Minutes at the 1- Paul (30), Payne (12), Booker (3), Galloway (3)
Minutes at the 2- Booker (32), Moore (10), Galloway (3), Carter (3)

Of course, all those mpg averages should go up thanks to injuries and COVID.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some new flooring to go along with the new jerseys. It may take me awhile to adapt to the flooring design.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario Saric decided he wanted to stay with Suns when he was home in Croatia.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario happy he doesn't have to guard Chris Paul anymore on switches.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario likened the Suns to "angry dogs" playing in Orlando bubble.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose