Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges talks about Jae Crowder.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man I loved Paul when he came out of college. I was stunned bogut, Marvin Williams, and deron Williams went before him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty discusses the importance of depth due to COVID-19 positives.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul the vegetarian! Who knew?

I mentioned it a few weeks back as one of the things that could give a person hope about this trade. He became a vegetarian in the summer prior to his bounce back season in OKC. Hopefully, it works as well for him near the end of his career as going "clean" did for Steve Nash late in his career.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I loved Paul when he came out of college. I was stunned bogut, Marvin Williams, and deron Williams went before him.

It's hard to know. Those players that went before Paul in the draft were not bad selections. It's just that Chris Paul turned out so much better and more durable. For awhile I thought Deron Williams might be really special.

Btw, I enjoyed you story about Allen Iverson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out this interview with Crowder. There's a ton of interesting stuff in here, including which team the Suns beat out to sign him:

https://omny.fm/shows/burns-gambo/jae-crowder-phoenix-suns-forward

Impressive interview.

I didn't know Jae Crowder chose the Suns over Dallas not to mention leaving a couple of million money on the table. Great to hear he wants to build something in Phoenix.

Welcome aboard Jae Crowder and thank you Devin Booker for commanding so much respect around the NBA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges said Cam Payne is going to surprise us how much he improved his body this off season.

Sounds like Cam Payne is serious about restarting his career in the NBA and his play in the Orlando bubble is a precursor of things to come.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mentioned it a few weeks back as one of the things that could give a person hope about this trade. He became a vegetarian in the summer prior to his bounce back season in OKC. Hopefully, it works as well for him near the end of his career as going "clean" did for Steve Nash late in his career.
Really? Wow. Now I am really worried about injury.

Funny. People get really upset when talking religion and politics. . .

And nutrition.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Wow. Now I am really worried about injury.

Funny. People get really upset when talking religion and politics. . .

And nutrition.

I didn't realize nutrition was a touchy subject. And I wasn't aware that going vegetarian put you at risk for more injuries? I know they have to pay more attention to their protein sources but as long as they aren't making their meals palatable by adding sugar I would think it would benefit an aging basketball player. But since I've never been a professional athlete or a vegetarian, there's an outside chance I don't know what I'm talking about.:)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I didn't realize nutrition was a touchy subject. And I wasn't aware that going vegetarian put you at risk for more injuries? I know they have to pay more attention to their protein sources but as long as they aren't making their meals palatable by adding sugar I would think it would benefit an aging basketball player. But since I've never been a professional athlete or a vegetarian, there's an outside chance I don't know what I'm talking about.:)
It really doesn't. One of the benefits of a lot of vegetarian diets is actually faster recovery for both injuries and fatigue. This assumes that he is closely monitoring his diet and I would assume that he is.

Chris Paul actually touches on it here:

https://thebeet.com/chris-paul-says-eating-plant-based-helps-him-keep-up-with-players-half-his-age/

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really doesn't. One of the benefits of a lot of vegetarian diets is actually faster recovery for both injuries and fatigue. This assumes that he is closely monitoring his diet and I would assume that he is.

Chris Paul actually touches on it here:

https://thebeet.com/chris-paul-says-eating-plant-based-helps-him-keep-up-with-players-half-his-age/

It really takes a lot of work to get enough protein on a vegan or vegetarian diet. I would think that is especially true traveling. Many blame Bill Waltons vegetarian diet for his chronic injury problems throughout his career. Every body is different though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns getting some recognition for what they have done to improve the team, more specifically James Jones, Chris Paul and Devin Booker.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns getting some recognition for what they have done to improve the team, more specifically James Jones, Chris Paul and Devin Booker.

Naw. It's LeBron laying the groundwork for recruiting Booker in the near future. We have seen it before.

LeBron talking like the owner and GM of the Lakers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Naw. It's LeBron laying the groundwork for recruiting Booker in the near future. We have seen it before.

LeBron talking like the owner and GM of the Lakers.

Give me a break, Lebron will be retired in 2 years, which is as soon as Booker could realistically even consider forcing a trade.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give me a break, Lebron will be retired in 2 years, which is as soon as Booker could realistically even consider forcing a trade.

LeBron will not be retired in two years. And players can force trades at almost any time. Look at Harden.

I do not trust LeBron or Rich Paul at all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't see Lebron retiring in the foreseeable future unless he wants too or suffers an injury.

His body will allow him to play different positions when he slows down.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is talking to the media today. He talks about Devin Booker and Monty.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul and Monty have talked about growing as people during last decade.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hmm, well I guess this post aged badly.

Even so a 38 year old Lebron should not be someone Book is dying to play with.

Not to mention how are they going to fit his salary in with Davis and Lebron and still field a team. I just don't see it happening.