Welcome Jae Crowder to the Phoenix Suns

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do you think Spoelstra is a bad coach?

No. Quite the contrary. I think he is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Which is why he go so much from such an untalented roster. I love Monty, but he isn't half the coach Spoelstra is.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No. Quite the contrary. I think he is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Which is why he go so much from such an untalented roster. I love Monty, but he isn't half the coach Spoelstra is.

and Spo recognized Jae’s high value by playing him 30mpg in a Finals run

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
For Mia he shot

48% from the floor
44% from the 3pt line
73%from the foul line

5 boards a game
1.3 steals a game
12 pts a game

Suns leading scores should look like

Booker
Ayton
Paul
Mikal
Cam. J
Dario

Crowder

Smith/Cam P

So he should fill in great as the 7th choice on offense.

He will give Ayton and Smith hell in practice making them that much better for live-action.

I like the signing for what the Suns need going forward I think he is a great fit.

He can play some 3 and 4 and has played on his fair share of winning teams.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
and Spo recognized Jae’s high value by playing him 30mpg in a Finals run

What choice did he have? The only other bigs on the roster he had were Adebayo, Kelly Olynyk and Meyers freaking Leonard.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Phoenix is going to be a tough out on any given night. Teams are going to have to win hard, ugly games against us.

Conversely, our margin for error, as is always the case in games like that, is virtually zero. With Booker and Paul's injury histories, plus Ayton's history of boneheadedness, that does not bode well for us.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
For Mia he shot

48% from the floor
44% from the 3pt line
73%from the foul line

5 boards a game
1.3 steals a game
12 pts a game

Suns leading scores should look like

Booker
Ayton
Paul
Mikal
Cam. J
Dario

Crowder

Smith/Cam P

So he should fill in great as the 7th choice on offense.

He will give Ayton and Smith hell in practice making them that much better for live-action.

I like the signing for what the Suns need going forward I think he is a great fit.

He can play some 3 and 4 and has played on his fair share of winning teams.

His 3pt shooting numbers were due to the bubble much like Cam Payne. It was likely an anomaly (not hating, just facts).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His 3pt shooting numbers were due to the bubble much like Cam Payne. It was likely an anomaly (not hating, just facts).

Yup, and he was shooting a putrid 29% before.

Too many Suns fans (and apparently Suns front office officials) are giving WAY too much weight to the bubble.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All this Crowder shooting talk is asinine. We need him to score like 7 ppg lol

He can't shoot well enough to keep opposing defenses honest. This makes matters that much more difficult for Booker and Ayton and neutralizes any improvement Paul might have provided over Rubio (though Rubio is Steph Curry shooting the ball compared to Crowder).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jae was signed for defensive versatility and durability/toughness. As long as he’s not brickmason from deep it shouldn’t hurt the offense.

But he IS brickmason from deep...

notdeadyet

Reaction score
We wanted (and needed) defense, which is like 90% hustle and competitiveness, and we got it! If he was “good enough” to start for the Eastern Conference champs last season, he ought to be good enough for us. Of course we had to outbid other bigger-name teams, but it’s the owner’s money, not mine...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A bunch of talk about Crowder and his shooting. He’s not here for that he’s here to bring defense and an attitude to the team. Gone is the swag and looking cool BS now it’s guys like Paul and Crowder coming to fight and win

I like it

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love to see how Ryan is taking the high road here. Hard to believe I defended this guy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Love to see how Ryan is taking the high road here. Hard to believe I defended this guy.

The guy is an absolute clown. Can't believe we gave this guy a job for multiple years...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

once a jackass always a jackass.

I don’t know about janes Jones yet, but this idiot and Sarver were the brain trust for years. What a catastrophe they were together.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We didn't have one of these guys on the roster.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heat fans have a lot of good to say about Jae. They thought he exuded Heat culture. It's no surprise why Jones targeted him.