Welcome Jae Crowder to the Phoenix Suns

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh hope suns atleast get dj augistin....

Been a meh draft fa offseason so far

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If by that you mean too small for one position and too slow and unathletic for another, yup...
Strong enough to play the 4 and quick enough to guard wings. He also finished the season playing very well for the Heat to include a good showing in the playoffs where he started every game and played 31 minutes per game.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Strong enough to play the 4 and quick enough to guard wings. He also finished the season playing very well for the Heat to include a good showing the playoffs.

He's 6'6" and lost his quickness over the last 2 years. As for his playoff performance, I suggest you look at the box scores, especially in the Finals.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot to pay for Crowder, but I have no idea what kind of interest the other players out there were showing. Am I the only one here who really liked Baynes?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were rumored to be going after PJ Tucker and think Crowder is a better option at this point in both there careers

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He's 6'6" and lost his quickness over the last 2 years. As for his playoff performance, I suggest you look at the box scores, especially in the Finals.
He played 31 minutes per game in the playoffs on a team that made the finals and you don't think he is good enough to be on our team?

Also box scores don't capture his full impact. He is a hard nosed defensive player and I expect that is what he will bring to this team more than anything.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He played 31 minutes per game in the playoffs on a team that made the finals and you don't think he is good enough to be on our team?

Also box scores don't capture his full impact. He is a hard nosed defensive player and I expect that is what he will bring to this team more than anything.

His defense has fallen off a cliff, much like PJ Tucker's. There is a reason Pat Riley (one of the best all-time GMs) didn't want him back unless it was for the veteran minimum.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, this is a solid signing and one that needed to be made after trading for CP3.

Three years is longer than I would have liked but you can always trade him in the third year as we clearly saw that he had several teams that were interested in him this off-season.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His defense has fallen off a cliff, much like PJ Tucker's. There is a reason Pat Riley (one of the best all-time GMs) didn't want him back unless it was for the veteran minimum.

lol cite for Riley only wanting Jae back at vet min? Seems like you’re fos

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, this is a solid signing and one that needed to be made after trading for CP3.

Three years is longer than I would have liked but you can always trade him in the third year as we clearly saw that he had several teams that were interested in him this off-season.

Comes down to if that 3rd year is a TO or not. If so good deal, if not it's pretty bleh.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Games by year:
65/73

So he’s petty reliable which is important with Cam’s hip problems. I’d probably take him over Millsap at this price for that reason alone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose