Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty wants Ayton to be a beast inside... 80% down low.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

·
12s

Ricky Rubio, who sat the stretch run of last night’s loss in Brooklyn to rest his sore ankle, is not on the #Suns injury report for tomorrow’s game at Detroit.

Still out: Tyler Johnson (knee), Jerome (calf), Saric (ankle), Cam Johnson (quad), Baynes (hip), Kaminsky (knee)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Man getting your backside in the paint isn’t rocket science.
It almost seems like it is coaching. They had him doing high screens and then staying near the top of the circle to free throw line area to take jumpers. Then they had him pop out to the elbows for jumpers. Just recently they have started feeding him in the paint area. I think it was the what they were telling him to do from a coaching stand put. I know Igor didn't have him posting that much. He is finally driving to the basket after a season and a half.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Still not quite room for a max deal, not that it matters, since there will be no free agents switching teams that are even worth more than the MLE...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like what Atlanta and Memphis are doing plus lots of money to make improvements.

Atlanta and Memphis used their cap space well to improve their team, renting it out for picks. I hope that's one thing the Suns are considering this summer as well. It's an easy way to acquire picks. It's not like they need to keep all of that space either, they can sign a player or two to help their frontcourt and then keep $10-12 million open in order to rent it out for a pick or two.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlanta and Memphis used their cap space well to improve their team, renting it out for picks. I hope that's one thing the Suns are considering this summer as well. It's an easy way to acquire picks. It's not like they need to keep all of that space either, they can sign a player or two to help their frontcourt and then keep $10-12 million open in order to rent it out for a pick or two.

Wish we had a handle on what Jones is doing. McDonough liked to collect draft picks. I get the feeling Jones doesn't value them as much.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish we had a handle on what Jones is doing. McDonough liked to collect draft picks. I get the feeling Jones doesn't value them as much.

I don't think he values them the same but I think he does see the value in them for trade purposes. He knows what a 1st will bring back in a trade and would probably rather trade it than select a rookie. McD said he was collecting them for trades but in reality he was collecting them to take more swings in the draft, and he'd still strike out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he values them the same but I think he does see the value in them for trade purposes. He knows what a 1st will bring back in a trade and would probably rather trade it than select a rookie. McD said he was collecting them for trades but in reality he was collecting them to take more swings in the draft, and he'd still strike out.
McD had a gambling addiction with the draft. He just kept buying more and more tickets.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Man getting your backside in the paint isn’t rocket science.
It's not about being smart, but about instilling habits. Everyone has things they do when they don't have a lot of time to think or when they get tired that they wouldn't do otherwise. Clearly Ayton has a bad habit of kind of drifting away from the basket, especially as he starts to get tired or when there is an imposing player down there to deal with. He needs to develop the habit of attacking no matter what, but it can take some time.

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And here are your top 2020 free agents (an asterisk denotes no possibility whatsoever that he changes teams, while two asterisks denote that the player is ancient or worn out and is a dead contract waiting to happen):

Gordon Hayward
Paul Millsap**
Anthony Davis*
Hassan Whiteside
Marc Gasol**
Serge Ibaka**
Danilo Gallinari
Jeff Teague
Derrick Favors
Allen Crabbe
Bismack Biyombo
Kent Bazemore
Evan Turner
Goran Dragic**
Tristan Thompson
Reggie Jackson
Ian Mahinmi
Marcus Morris
Brandon Knight
Mason Plumlee
Marvin Williams
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Tyler Johnson**
Jordan Clarkson
Courtney Lee
Solomon Hill**
John Henson
Maurice Harkless
Meyers Leonard
Andre Roberson
Matthew Dellavedova
Jerami Grant
Fred VanVleet
Bogdan Bogdanovic
E'Twaun Moore
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Joe Harris
D.J. Augustin
Davis Bertans
Jae Crowder
Langston Galloway
Markieff Morris
Jabari Parker
Josh Jackson
Montrezl Harrell*
Marco Belinelli
Brandon Ingram*
Rodney Hood
Aron Baynes
Enes Kanter
JaMychal Green
Avery Bradley
Robin Lopez
Justin Holiday
Kris Dunn
Alex Len
JaVale McGee
Stanley Johnson
DeMarcus Cousins**
Allonzo Trier
Yogi Ferrell
Jakob Poeltl
Bryn Forbes
Thon Maker
Dario Saric
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Denzel Valentine
Juan Hernangomez
Willie Caulie-Stein
Harry Giles
Mike Muscala
Trey Burke
Michael Carter-Williams
Kyle O'Quinn
Nerlens Noel
Noah Vonleh
Malik Beasley
Shabazz Napier

Any Suggestions?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s too bad there’s no market for Rubio.

He'd fit in great with San Antonio. Parker wasn't the greatest of shooters for what i think was the first half of his career, but still thrived. Rubio isn't as quick but still penetrates like Parker did.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He'd fit in great with San Antonio. Parker wasn't the greatest of shooters for what i think was the first half of his career, but still thrived. Rubio isn't as quick but still penetrates like Parker did.
Can’t compare Rubio to Parker. Parker’s speed gave him a tremendous inherent advantage that kept defenders in their heels. Rubio doesn’t have that. He relies on being crafty. He can’t take advantage of a defender whenever he wants like Parker could.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And here are your top 2020 free agents (an asterisk denotes no possibility whatsoever that he changes teams, while two asterisks denote that the player is ancient or worn out and is a dead contract waiting to happen):

Any Suggestions?

Sign either Bertans or Christian Wood, or perhaps even both.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sign either Bertans or Christian Wood, or perhaps even both.

Wood was cut from our summer league team.

And Bertans is another soft, one-dimensional shooter at power forward in the mold of Saric.

No thanks to both.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson