xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Millsap would likely be an obtainable target.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bobby Portis would be a nice target.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He would take our MLE though. Not suggesting he isn't worth that, but would that be the most important position to fill with that money?

My thoughts as well. Augustin would be a nice luxury as insurance in case CP3 gets hurt and as his primary back-up, but we already have Payne and Carter, and we have nobody to start at PF or back up Booker or Bridges.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
straight out of the owners pockets. Championship teams don’t really make money these days
Well they do with all of their merchandise sales and ticket sales. The Warriors for instance are paying like 70m in luxury taxes and the owner is still probably turning an overall profit.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we have to accept that players like Millsap, Grant, Gallinari, Harrel and Ibaka are no longer possibilities to due too much competition for their services and lack of cap space after Paul trade.

Smart money is Saric and Smith will split time at PF unless Jones is looking at unproven veterans like Skal Labissiere, Harry Giles or a head case like Portis.

I think the focus now will be on a backup to Ayton now that Baynes is not coming back. I like Nerlens Noel, who would be in our price range and energy and defense off the bench and he is still only 26 years old.

As far as back up guards and wings, I would look for guys who can shoot. So that would eliminate in my mind guys like Kris Dunn. I can see guys like Byrn Forbes, Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Jae Crowder as targets.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well they do with all of their merchandise sales and ticket sales. The Warriors for instance are paying like 70m in luxury taxes and the owner is still probably turning an overall profit.

The Warriors got a 40 million dollar debt right now. That there trying to get out of paying.

Micky Arison is on record saying they didn’t make a dime on the Lebron years in Miami.

championship basketball is not profitable you make your money when you sell the team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He would take our MLE though. Not suggesting he isn't worth that, but would that be the most important position to fill with that money?

I think it would be. We need someone to keep the offense moving off the bench more than anything else in my opinion.

But, I would still probably give it to Jerami Grant or Gallo if those were viable options, because they are just better players.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He would be a big get, but he will get more than MLE. Would allow us to rest Paul a lot more.

No he won't.

There is barely any cap space available. He is going to sign for the MLE somewhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will find out how they are perceived around the league by the players they attract in free agency.

Soon we will find out if their image is changed with Chris Paul.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Legler just said that he sees Gordon Hayward considering Utah, Denver, or Phoenix.

Don't shoot me. I am just the messenger. I cannot see how this could happen unless he is signing for the MLE which would be really stupid on his part.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Legler just said that he sees Gordon Hayward considering Utah, Denver, or Phoenix.

Don't shoot me. I am just the messenger. I cannot see how this could happen unless he is signing for the MLE which would be really stupid on his part.

Lol. Do these people not check out the financial situations of each team before they make these reports?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we have to accept that players like Millsap, Grant, Gallinari, Harrel and Ibaka are no longer possibilities to due too much competition for their services and lack of cap space after Paul trade.

Smart money is Saric and Smith will split time at PF unless Jones is looking at unproven veterans like Skal Labissiere, Harry Giles or a head case like Portis.

I think the focus now will be on a backup to Ayton now that Baynes is not coming back. I like Nerlens Noel, who would be in our price range and energy and defense off the bench and he is still only 26 years old.

As far as back up guards and wings, I would look for guys who can shoot. So that would eliminate in my mind guys like Kris Dunn. I can see guys like Byrn Forbes, Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Jae Crowder as targets.

And this scenario would have us at 9th or 10th in the West, behind the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Warriors, Mavericks, Blazers, Jazz, Timberwolves and possibly Grizzlies.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I mean...How does this make any sense at all?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean...How does this make any sense at all?
I don't know. Baynes sign and trade? Not sure. I know they loved Baynes in Boston. I also heard they are parting ways with Kanter, so they need a back up center.

Maybe a $12 million (starting at $12 and escalating up) three year deal with both a team and player option after year one. Listen, I am just shooting from the hip here. Its almost silly to speculate. Not sure if sign and trades have to have exactly the same contracts or not. I am also not sure if they can be combined with exceptions etc.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Um how?

None of those teams have cap room. Is he suggesting he is willing to take the MLE?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort