2020 Draft

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I was going to mention that distinction but I didn't want to go there. I can tell you that Mannion is a pothead. He was part of the group that had my son smoking (well, vaping) for a while, until we found out about it and educated him about the impact that would have on his competitive swimming.

So what? Wake me when/if he takes pills, heroin, etc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
:D

Yeah not much but remember the Warriors were playing rookies at guard last year. I think they'll be better this year with Steph back but if Klay is gone for most of the year it's not unreasonable to assume that Nico can compete for a few of the minutes Ky Bowman got. I like Bowman but Nico is bigger so if he competes, he has a chance to get some minutes. Most of Ky's minutes came after Steph went down for good

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I know he's biased but Penny Hardaway is blitzing the bay area media today saying the Warriors got the steal of the draft with Wiseman. He thinks not only will he impact right away, he thinks Wiseman will end up starting at the 5 if not right away for much of the season. He said Wiseman will be the fastest C in the NBA right away, he'll be dunking lobs and blocking shots, obviously very inexperienced only 3 college games but Penny thinks Wiseman is going to be a star.

I just can't get excited until we hear what's the scoop on Klay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
FWIW I know he's biased but Penny Hardaway is blitzing the bay area media today saying the Warriors got the steal of the draft with Wiseman. He thinks not only will he impact right away, he thinks Wiseman will end up starting at the 5 if not right away for much of the season. He said Wiseman will be the fastest C in the NBA right away, he'll be dunking lobs and blocking shots, obviously very inexperienced only 3 college games but Penny thinks Wiseman is going to be a star.

I think he will be very good. He’ll get abused by the same guys Ayton did due to the fact he’s long and tall but not really big.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he will be very good. He’ll get abused by the same guys Ayton did due to the fact he’s long and tall but not really big.

he's a better rim protector than Ayton was at the same stage but I don't think that level of rebounder and definitely not the shooter.

I see them using him how they used Javale McGee, rim runner and shot blocker, but hoping he can play more minutes eventually than Javale. Draymond at teh 5 works in stretches but teams have figured much of that out and without Iggy the death lineup doesn't work. So they need to be able to play a real big at the 5 a fair amount of minutes and hopefully that's Wiseman

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
he's a better rim protector than Ayton was at the same stage but I don't think that level of rebounder and definitely not the shooter.

I see them using him how they used Javale McGee, rim runner and shot blocker, but hoping he can play more minutes eventually than Javale. Draymond at teh 5 works in stretches but teams have figured much of that out and without Iggy the death lineup doesn't work. So they need to be able to play a real big at the 5 a fair amount of minutes and hopefully that's Wiseman
Yeah, but McGee can't shoot the rock like Smith! If he turns out a shot blocker like McGee we have a great piece on the squad.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, but McGee can't shoot the rock like Smith! If he turns out a shot blocker like McGee we have a great piece on the squad.
Its interesting to read the evaluations and see how specific the negatives on him are.

He cannot defend on the perimeter seems to be the biggest issue. He also needs to get stronger.

However, he can shoot te three, he can run the floor, he is long, he is athletic and a leaper, he is a shot blocker, he is an excellent free-throw shooter, he is very tough, he is a high IQ player.

That combo of skills is pretty rare.

It seems that if he has that work ethic and IQ, the perimeter defensive skills and weight room work will happen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI Woj on twitter says sources say Achilles tear Klay out for year

Dammit

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI Woj on twitter says sources say Achilles tear Klay out for year

Dammit

Wow.

well, this isn’t said to celebrate the above, but that just makes it a little easier for the Suns to get in the playoffs.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow.

well, this isn’t said to celebrate the above, but that just makes it a little easier for the Suns to get in the playoffs.
Right. Sad for Klay. Wish him well. Door of opportunity opening for the Suns.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

He went #2. How is that a steal?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Achilles is one of those injuries where players rarely come back all the way--unless they are really young.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Durant bounces back this season. I feel like we are seeing more Achilles injuries in both football and basketball recently.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its interesting to read the evaluations and see how specific the negatives on him are.

He cannot defend on the perimeter seems to be the biggest issue. He also needs to get stronger.

However, he can shoot te three, he can run the floor, he is long, he is athletic and a leaper, he is a shot blocker, he is an excellent free-throw shooter, he is very tough, he is a high IQ player.

That combo of skills is pretty rare.

It seems that if he has that work ethic and IQ, the perimeter defensive skills and weight room work will happen.

I can't find the video but today I saw one where Penny said Wiseman as a senior in HS was better than Ayton as a senior in HS defensively, and he thinks he's vastly underrated offensively.

But again Penny is very biased, Penny is literally the reason the kid played only 3 college games, Penny paid him to change schools paid expenses etc and the NCAA ruled the kid ineligible.

FYI for those who wondered, the reason they were saying Edwards doesn't love basketball is he not only said it on tape, he told execs in interviews he "can't watch basketball games" and if an NFL team told him they would draft him, he'd go play football.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard