2020 Draft

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

I do think jones likes Halliburton a lot, but I don’t want to give up next years first to get him.
I would. In a heartbeat. I believe next years first-rounder will be in the 20's. Haliburton has the highest floor in this draft IMO.

Would you give up #10 and say #21 to move up to #5 or #6. Absolutely. That's a no-brainer--especially if you can get a little protection on the pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would. In a heartbeat. I believe next years first-rounder will be in the 20's. Haliburton has the highest floor in this draft IMO.

Would you give up #10 and say #21 to move up to #5 or #6. Absolutely. That's a no-brainer--especially if you can get a little protection on the pick.

Yeah, I would do that as well.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At this point, Precious Achiuwa or Jalen Smith has to be the pick, unless Obi Toppin somehow plummets to 10. This team is in serious trouble at the power forward spot.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Vernan Carey Jr from Duke now supposedly weighs 270 according to coach K. Supposedly had a monster off season training regime!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Vernan Carey Jr from Duke now supposedly weighs 270 according to coach K. Supposedly had a monster off season training regime!

Unfortunately he isn't quick enough to defend the 4 and doesn't have much of an outside shot, and I don't want to give Ayton any more excuse to hang out on the perimeter.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, Precious Achiuwa or Jalen Smith has to be the pick, unless Obi Toppin somehow plummets to 10. This team is in serious trouble at the power forward spot.

In today's NBA you're much better off playing a long wing at the 4 than you are playing without a lead ball handler. Two years of Paul, we need to find and start grooming the next guard while Chris is still here. I'm okay with whichever way we go, just pointing out that our need at guard is too great to simply reach for a power forward. Best player available, whoever that is.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In today's NBA you're much better off playing a long wing at the 4 than you are playing without a lead ball handler. Two years of Paul, we need to find and start grooming the next guard while Chris is still here. I'm okay with whichever way we go, just pointing out that our need at guard is too great to simply reach for a power forward. Best player available, whoever that is.

Carter and Payne are at least capable, if not ideal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter and Payne are at least capable, if not ideal.

I forgot about Payne. I'd still go for BPA but you're right, our need at PG is not as great as our need at PF. I like Carter but I think Cameron comes closer to being an everyday power forward than Carter does an everyday point guard.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Unfortunately he isn't quick enough to defend the 4 and doesn't have much of an outside shot, and I don't want to give Ayton any more excuse to hang out on the perimeter.
I was thinking of we can't get PF, we get Center and Ayton plays PF.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Even after this trade I am still on the “whoever is available out of the top 10 players” bandwagon:
Edwards
Wiseman
Ball
Avdija
Okoro
Hayes
Haliburton
Okongwu
Vassell
Toppin

Before the trade I didn’t really like the fit of Okoro on this team, but with Oubre gone I think he would bring some much needed athleticism to the team. The other 9 are no brainers to me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even after this trade I am still on the “whoever is available out of the top 10 players” bandwagon:
Edwards
Wiseman
Ball
Avdija
Okoro
Hayes
Haliburton
Okongwu
Vassell
Toppin

Before the trade I didn’t really like the fit of Okoro on this team, but with Oubre gone I think he would bring some much needed athleticism to the team. The other 9 are no brainers to me.

It looks like Patrick Williams is going Top 10 as well, so two of these should be available...

JerkFace

Reaction score
It looks like Patrick Williams is going Top 10 as well, so two of these should be available...
I agree, so it’s a bonus... plus who knows if there is a surprise pick and 3 could be available. Whether it is 1,2, or 3 to choose from I just hope we choose one of them.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree, so it’s a bonus... plus who knows if there is a surprise pick and 3 could be available. Whether it is 1,2, or 3 to choose from I just hope we choose one of them.

I think I'm there as well, though I wouldn't be upset if the pick was Smith, Achiuwa, Lewis or Saadiq Bey over Okoro or Vassell.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I think I'm there as well, though I wouldn't be upset if the pick was Smith, Achiuwa, Lewis or Saadiq Bey over Okoro or Vassell.
For once I think we are on the same page. I wouldn't pick those players over Okoro or Vassell (who are definitely 9 and 10 on that list) but I wouldn’t be overly upset if they did.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
After acquiring 36 year old Chris Paul they aren’t waisting his twilight years with one and done teenagers. I’m looking at Halliburton or Bey who I feel are mentally and physically ready to be a top-8/9 rotation guy next year. Maybe Vassell.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
After acquiring 36 year old Chris Paul they aren’t waisting his twilight years with one and done teenagers. I’m looking at Halliburton or Bey who I feel are mentally and physically ready to be a top-8/9 rotation guy next year. Maybe Vassell.

Unfortunately that also puts a major reach for Bane in play...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have a feeling it’s either Bane or Nesmith.

Nesmith is not a physically and mentally ready top 8/9 rotation guy next year. (Then again, neither is Bane, but unfortunately it seems James Jones thinks he is.)

Praying for Haliburton somehow to fall to 10...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns actively fought any trade including the #10. This tells me they have a target they are convinced will be there

It's going to be a Cam Johnson style "reach"

I was wrong on that so I am going to trust Jones here

It was still a reach and a poor pick. Why are you trusting him in spite of that?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Suns actively fought any trade including the #10. This tells me they have a target they are convinced will be there

It's going to be a Cam Johnson style "reach"

I was wrong on that so I am going to trust Jones here
TBF we did trade back before taking Cam and we might be trying to do the same thing here.

Trade back 4-6 spots, get a solid veteran player and then draft someone that they have tabbed at around that point in the draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave