2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Knicks connections to Kentucky, we might look for them to trade down for Tyrese Maxey.

By Marc Berman New York Post:

The Knicks are big fans of the Kentucky program. Knicks president Leon Rose recently hired Kentucky assistant Kenny Payne. Senior vice president William Wesley was well-known, when he was an agent adviser, to be extremely tight with the program and coach John Calipari.

On the broadcast, Calipari compared Maxey to superstar-in-the-making Jamal Murray.

“If anyone passes on him in a certain range, it’s going to be like the Jamal thing, the Tyler (Herro) thing,’’ Calipari said of two former Kentucky standouts. Murray was picked at No. 7 by the Nuggets in 2016, while Herro was tabbed at 13 by the Heat in 2019.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/30/potential-knicks-draft-target-tyrese-maxey-dazzles-in-workout/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some good stuff on Zeke. I wouldn't mind drafting him in a trade down.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something to store away for future reference.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can he play basketball?

Tyler Bey is the third rated small forward in the draft by Tankathon so yes he can play.

He is slotted number 27 in their mock. I've watched some video on him but it didn't blow me away.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can he play basketball?

He can contribute as a 7th or 8th man. Very inconsistent outside shot and even more inconsistent performer overall, but good athlete and decent slasher and defender. Has a little Shawn Marion in him, but without the reflexes, quick second jump or quick lateral movement (which are basically what distinguished Marion). However, also has a little Josh Jackson in him.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I hope someone on twitter passes this along to Kellan Olson.
I came across this today. The wingspan is different from the other report though so who knows what is true.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across this today. The wingspan is different from the other report though so who knows what is true.

The NBA Draft Combine measurements shouldn't change so I don't know what to make of it.

It's still not anything to get me super excited. The wingspan is slightly better and it looks like he has some jumping ability. I wish there were some comparison measurements to other players.

If the Suns draft him let's hope they know what they are doing and it's in a trade down scenario.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if the Suns could buy or trade for a second round pick. Some interesting players will be available.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Except Riller wasn't even half the passer and didn't lead his team to any success...

I think Charleston made the tourney one year but I was comparing them as players. And Nash wasn’t really seen as an elite distributor until his late 20’s.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Charleston made the tourney one year but I was comparing them as players. And Nash wasn’t really seen as an elite distributor until his late 20’s.

In their final college seasons, Nash averaged 6 assists and 3.6 turnovers, while Riller averaged 3.9 assists and 3.1 turnovers...

JerkFace

Reaction score
I don’t see a future at pg or even backup pg in this league for Riller. I think his only future lies as instant offense off the bench at combo guard (ala Seth Curry).

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Both Riller and Bane remind me of the kind of guys who would have been nice late first round sleepers... back in the 1980s. Riller is kind of a Jay Humphries type, and Bane reminds me of Blue Edwards. And both of those guys had decent careers... way back in the 1980s.

I'm just not sure that either is going to be quite as effective as those guys in this NBA era, with such an increased emphasis on pure athleticism. Again, maybe the kinds of guys you can take a flyer on in the early second or very late first round and hope for the best. But not as lotto picks - no way.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ryen Russillo has thrown out some hot takes lately but on the Ringer pod with KOC he’s hearing that Patrick Williams might have a floor of #7 and could go as high as #3. I don’t see it at all he can’t shoot.

I’d take a shot on Achiuwa before Williams.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryen Russillo has thrown out some hot takes lately but on the Ringer pod with KOC he’s hearing that Patrick Williams might have a floor of #7 and could go as high as #3. I don’t see it at all he can’t shoot.

I’d take a shot on Achiuwa before Williams.

The same here. I'd take Achiuwa over Williams.

JerkFace

Reaction score

JerkFace

Reaction score

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want Tyrell Terry. I don't care if we take him at #10 or move down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose