Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
so, does Sarver just have atrocious taste in hiring these designers over the years or is he too cheap to pay for a good one? ALL of these uniforms have just been atrocious over the years.
I know we're not supposed to introduce politics into a sports board, so I'm not going to.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The message from Suns and Mercury players is to vote!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a made up rumor with GS.

It's a persistent rumor that won't go away, Oubre for #2.

This rumor does not include the Suns #10 pick which makes it more attractive for the Suns and saves Sarver money.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This rumor does not include the Suns #10 pick which makes it more attractive for the Suns and saves Sarver money.

Because from what I understand it’s very real. They just brought it up on the solar panel and Espo was saying it’s a real rumor, but thinks it will end up being a 3 team deal that’s much bigger

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because from what I understand it’s very real. They just brought it up on the solar panel and Espo was saying it’s a real rumor, but thinks it will end up being a 3 team deal that’s much bigger

If the Suns can get #2 and keep #10 while losing about $15 million in salary that's something I can see the Suns doing because of the money factor.

Now if it expanded to a three team trade the Suns might be trying to get a player and a pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

That I could potentially get behind, depending on who they select at #2 and #10, and depending on what they do in free agency, though I always cringe when a deal is made that saves Sarver money, as I fear that the deal is motivated by money and that we are returning to the days of assets being sold off to put money in Sarver's pocket...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That I could potentially get behind, depending on who they select at #2 and #10, and depending on what they do in free agency, though I always cringe when a deal is made that saves Sarver money, as I fear that the deal is motivated by money and that we are returning to the days of assets being sold off to put money in Sarver's pocket...

I need to see what the deal looks like as well.

If the Suns are intent on trading Oubre this might yield a decent return. It also shows the value of Oubre if the Warriors to do it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oubre straight up for #2, draft Toppin or the best PG in the draft, go BPA at 10 and sign Serge Ibaka and I think we might be looking at a solid playoff team next year while still cultivating young talent that lead to the Suns rising to contender status in a couple years (if those pics pan out and Booker doesn’t do us dirty and figure out a way to end up on the Lakers).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think Sarver could reclaim some fan capital if he at least brought back the same music for the intro video.

It would certainly help. I have Sirius and Eye In The Sky in my music downloads from The Alan Parsons Project.

As a matter of fact Sirius is playing right now. Go Suns!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oubre straight up for #2, draft Toppin or the best PG in the draft, go BPA at 10 and sign Serge Ibaka and I think we might be looking at a solid playoff team next year while still cultivating young talent that lead to the Suns rising to contender status in a couple years (if those pics pan out and Booker doesn’t do us dirty and figure out a way to end up on the Lakers).

Agreed, and I could get behind this. My fear is that it ends up being Haliburton at #2, Bane at #10 and no free agent signing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, and I could get behind this. My fear is that it ends up being Haliburton at #2, Bane at #10 and no free agent signing.

The Suns could also could trade down from #2 or #10 and pick up another pick if they really want Bane or Riller.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns could also could trade down from #2 or #10 and pick up another pick if they really want Bane or Riller.

Do we really want three rookies in the rotation for a team that really needs to make the playoffs this coming season, though?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If such a trade were made for #2, at least the Suns would be getting something in return not that I agree with the strategy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we really want three rookies in the rotation for a team that really needs to make the playoffs this coming season, though?

If one player can start at power forward, maybe.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

no we don’t even want 2 rookies. It’s time to move forward and do something

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no we don’t even want 2 rookies. It’s time to move forward and do something

I agree it's time to move forward but it's a 15 man roster not to mention the two-way spots.

A couple of rookies plus a key free agent would help. Rookies are cheap talent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I agree it's time to move forward but it's a 15 man roster not to mention the two-way spots.

A couple of rookies plus a key free agent would help. Rookies are cheap talent.
You need rookies if you are going to sign a max or large contract!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if we got the #2, who are we picking - Ball?

I admit that is a deal we have to seriously consider, but whoever we pick at 2 is going to have a big contract for a rookie. Is there even somebody at 2 you can feel confident is worth 9+ million a year?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do that deal without hesitation.

Turn #2 and #10 to Toppin and Haliburton. Maybe trade down a few slots for Toppin while trading up a few for Haliburton. To me both those players are low risk types. They are not swing for the fences superstars, but they will have very productive NBA careers and could easily be solid starters. That is what this team needs.