Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course things can always change, but it would be kinda odd to use a player you are planning on trading to promote a new jersey for the upcoming season.

It would make me feel so much better if I knew Kelly Oubre is a key player in the Suns rebuild.

Kelly wearing that new jersey gives me hope.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre looks like he just escaped from a 1980s British synth-pop band video.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I doubt the current Suns ownership wants to revisit the Jerry Colangelo era. Anyway, it sure feels that way.
There was a period when ownership would not let the Chargers wear powder blues because that was the old ownership!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a period when ownership would not let the Chargers wear powder blues because that was the old ownership!

So much time has passed it's time to bring those old style uniforms back.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Valley uniform looks like something that would last two years.

Change is not necessarily good. Good Change is good.

Just like the saying, Practice does not make perfect.

Perfect practice makes perfect.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course things can always change, but it would be kinda odd to use a player you are planning on trading to promote a new jersey for the upcoming season.

A few years back they had Caron Butler as part of their new jersey reveal with Bledsoe and someone else. I want to say it was after the season where Goran and IT were shipped off. Of course Butler never played a game here.

Edit: That was during the unveil in the 2013 offseason, which was right after trading for Bledsoe. They had Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Alex Len, and PJ Tucker at the reveal showing off the uniforms. I can understand Bledsoe and Len, with Bledsoe being a big acquistition that offseason and Len being a high lottery pick but Butler, a veteran at the end of his career who didn't fit in the teams plans going forward, and Tucker, a journeyman who was finding his way back to the NBA, isn't an exciting group that would sell people on the Suns going forward.

You must be registered for see images attach

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1739913-report-card-grades-for-phoenix-suns-new-uniform-design

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few years back they had Caron Butler as part of their new jersey reveal with Bledsoe and someone else. I want to say it was after the season where Goran and IT were shipped off. Of course Butler never played a game here.

Edit: That was during the unveil in the 2013 offseason, which was right after trading for Bledsoe. They had Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Alex Len, and PJ Tucker at the reveal showing off the uniforms. I can understand Bledsoe and Len, with Bledsoe being a big acquistition that offseason and Len being a high lottery pick but Butler, a veteran at the end of his career who didn't fit in the teams plans going forward, and Tucker, a journeyman who was finding his way back to the NBA, isn't an exciting group that would sell people on the Suns going forward.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1739913-report-card-grades-for-phoenix-suns-new-uniform-design

so, does Sarver just have atrocious taste in hiring these designers over the years or is he too cheap to pay for a good one? ALL of these uniforms have just been atrocious over the years.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Valley uniform looks like something that would last two years.

Change is not necessarily good. Good Change is good.

Just like the saying, Practice does not make perfect.

Perfect practice makes perfect.
It’s also too much change. We seem to cycle through different styles all the time. I prefer when it was home/away/alternate black.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am hoping we play GS and they wear their The City jerseys and we wear The Valley jerseys!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess the problem is thematically the shirts are The Valley, but show a Cityscape! We are the Valley of the Sun, and the team of the Suns, so why not a Sun and the words The Valley?

Can't wait to see the matching shorts!!!!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That video includes my favorite shot, going off shoulder turn, 3/4's court fading out of bounds, swish!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess the problem is thematically the shirts are The Valley, but show a Cityscape! We are the Valley of the Sun, and the team of the Suns, so why not a Sun and the words The Valley?

Can't wait to see the matching shorts!!!!
I thought city initially. But then reviewed and thought, maybe those are pixelated mountains?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Valley jerseys do not make a statement for me. It's not bold enough.

Here is another Suns jersey I liked and it gets straight to the point.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1508432-breaking-down-the-phoenix-suns-90s-throwback-jerseys

I wonder if I’d love those jerseys as much if I didn’t immediately identify them with the most successful/impactful era of Suns basketball for me.

probably. I dig the font, and the colors are great.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I wonder if I’d love those jerseys as much if I didn’t immediately identify them with the most successful/impactful era of Suns basketball for me.

I definitely think nostalgia helps. I remember when they came out there were a lot of “exploding armpit” complaints.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This video helped seal the deal with the uniforms.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no timetable when the Suns practice facility will open.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I liked the colors but never liked the jerseys. I’m a traditionalist - western font ride or die.