Hero’s and Goats

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry specifically and a few others have said his Blitz packages are garbage and we never get there... they harped on it for 5 weeks. Don’t know what happened but the results on the field have shut that complaint up the last two weeks...
Wilson had all the time in the world even on blitzes through most the gamr

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Heroes:

GOATS:

fans - too much green in the seats

I get your point on this but unfortunately:

a. There are still a TON of ticket agencies that have had season tix to the Cards for a LONG time.
b. The amount of corporate bonus money in Seattle, coupled with easy transportation to Phoenix means there will ALWAYS be Seattle fans in our nest.

Go Cards!!!

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kennard could be called a goat but he did make some good plays. I think we all know his snap count will go down in two weeks

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The amount of corporate bonus money in Seattle, coupled with easy transportation to Phoenix means there will ALWAYS be Seattle fans in our nest.

fwiw: a small minority travel. most live here already. AZ is a destination for those in the PNW wanting sunshine -- especially the eastern 80% Washington

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Why is it when we make a mistake a lose, we stink. But when the other team makes a mistake and we win, we’re lucky?

Good teams take advantage of the other teams mistakes. I’ve watch this team lose a hundred times over the years because we made that crucial mistake.

After Seattle’s mistake we still had to score, stop them and come down to kick a fg to tie it.

Sit back, light up a victory cigar and relish what we accomplished.

I called one penalty on the field goal lucky after we were draining the clock down by 10. Idk why you can’t light a cigar and relish the win while pointing out facts.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heroes:

1) O-Line - On Doug & Wolf, they said the O-Line only allowed 1 pressure on 48 drop backs last night. I know the Seahawks don't have a great pass rush, but that is incredible.

2) VJ & Overall Defense - In the 2nd half & OT, they limited the best offense in the NFL to 7 points.

3) Patrick Peterson - End zone INT, shut down DK Metcalf (guarded him man to man on something like 42 of 48 routes and only allowed 1 catch for 6 yards), great coverage on those deep completions to Lockett... it sucks they were completed, but those were perfect passes & great catches.

4) Budda Baker - Great INT kept points off the board for Seattle, great play all night, still playing in a cast.

5) Isaiah Simmons - Barely played (5 snaps), but made the biggest play of the game in the clutch. Great job dropping back into coverage, reading the eyes of Wilson & making the INT. Jordan Hicks would've dropped that ball.

6) Kyler Murray - Out-dueled Russell Wilson. Showed fire & leadership. Made clutch play after clutch play to lead the team back multiple times. The INT was bad, but I don't know if Kyler overthrew it or if Isabella ran the wrong route or cut off his route to sit down in an open spot in the zone.

7) Chase Edmonds - 145 total yards (5 rushes for 58 yards, 7 catches for 87 yards) with clutch runs at the end of the game.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Daniels being a 3rd stringer TE and asking him to make a block and catch a ball whilst being wide open isn't too much to ask for. Otherwise why is he even in the NFL?

Agreed. Perfectly designed play on first play of game and he drops a perfect pass. Then the missed block on the out to Hopkins. Add in a holding penalty and his night was not good.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is it when we make a mistake a lose, we stink. But when the other team makes a mistake and we win, we’re lucky?

Good teams take advantage of the other teams mistakes. I’ve watch this team lose a hundred times over the years because we made that crucial mistake.

After Seattle’s mistake we still had to score, stop them and come down to kick a fg to tie it.

Sit back, light up a victory cigar and relish what we accomplished.

Absolutely. That game last night will be remembered for a long time. The Hags were 5-0 coming in. The heart this team showed coming back more than once was nothing short of amazing. I know I gave up at certain points. Heading into the bye this is a major feel good win.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. That game last night will be remembered for a long time. The Hags were 5-0 coming in. The heart this team showed coming back more than once was nothing short of amazing. I know I gave up at certain points. Heading into the bye this is a major feel good win.
Trust me. You weren’t the only one to give up about a dozen times last night.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called one penalty on the field goal lucky after we were draining the clock down by 10. Idk why you can’t light a cigar and relish the win while pointing out facts.
I get it but take a day to enjoy. It’s like blowing out the candle on your birthday cake and then worrying you’re another year older before you slice the cake.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was covering Lockett and Lockett had 200 yards. He played hard but was outmatched. He was the weak link our defense last night.

Yeah well you know how many yards Lockett would have had if Kevin Peterson was covering him?

Kirkpatrick isn't very good - that's why he was cut.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Add D Daniels to the Goats list... man was out of position nearly the entire game... responsible for what seemed like half of the stalled drives... YUCK
The TE position is KILLING this team right now. Daniels needs to have his playing time cut big time. I still maintain that Max Williams return is SO important to this offense. I would say that his absence is one of the biggest reasons why our offense has inconsistencies at times. Max does a ton of good things in this offense that people don’t always see. Hope and pray he’ll be back for our next game after the bye.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heroes

Kyler-rebounded outstandingly

The Oline-once again played well

Pat P-shut down Metcalf

Simmons-GW pick

Zane-clutch before half & OT

Reddick-big plays again

Fitz-quickly grabbing the ball twice on Game tying FG. Ball spiked with :02

goats

Kliff-dude kick the damn FG after Buddha’s pick. Kicking the the FG on 2nd down in OT when Hawks D was gassed.

Joseph-quit playing soft zones against great QBs. You do get 1 thumb up for coming after Wilson in crunch time

Hicks-played poor in pass defense, then benched

Daniels-missed numerous blocks & Kyler lit into him.
THIS!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The TE position is KILLING this team right now. Daniels needs to have his playing time cut big time. I still maintain that Max Williams return is SO important to this offense. I would say that his absence is one of the biggest reasons why our offense has inconsistencies at times. Max does a ton of good things in this offense that people don’t always see. Hope and pray he’ll be back for our next game after the bye.

Agreed. Maxx is an underrated player when healthy thats been highlighted by his absence.

I've not been very impressed with Williams or Arnold. We should be bringing guys in for a close look. The corpse of Delanie Walker would be an upgrade.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine paying Devon Kennard $7m a year in the offseason when it turns out you already have a better version of Devon Kennard on the roster and you just spent 3 years ruining him at ILB.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Heros
The Seattle defense lineman that hit Arnold in the back.

The lineman that leap frog DJ

The WR with the hold.

Those 3 plays extended of life.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
But was GOD AWFUL in the 1st half. NO hero for half a night’s work!
Sure, but when we needed the defense, he rose up to the occasion. Keeping Wilson and co. to 7 points in 40 minutes is nothing short of superb. I'll argue that he coached a much better game than Kliff.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure, but when we needed the defense, he rose up to the occasion. Keeping Wilson and co. to 7 points in 40 minutes is nothing short of superb. I'll argue that he coached a much better game than Kliff.
Without Murray, the 1st half D alone would have resulted in a 3 td. loss.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Come on man Kirk got to be in hero's. He didn't have a big stat line but he had 2 TD's.

Kirk. 2 TD's. There was a time not so long ago we were slating him for his lack of TD's and he has 5 in 4 now. In fact I'm pretty sure he leads the team in TD's fairly comfortably.
In receiving TDs yes, but KM’s rushing TDs clearly lead the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose