Wk 2 Washington (Potatoes) Football Team @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/14/20-09/29/20

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Cards should handle the Redskins. PP should take McLaurin out of the game and he’s their main threat.
Be interesting to see what Logan Thomas does.

funny, the one draft pick that needed a position change, the Cards didn’t do it with Thomas

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cards should handle the Redskins. PP should take McLaurin out of the game and he’s their main threat.
Be interesting to see what Logan Thomas does.

funny, the one draft pick that needed a position change, the Cards didn’t do it with Thomas

McLaurin is extremely underrated like a few WRs as Slayton for the Giants. Peterson better get ready because this boy will be his first true test and will give us an idea what value Pat P has now

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
McLaurin is extremely underrated like a few WRs as Slayton for the Giants. Peterson better get ready because this boy will be his first true test and will give us an idea what value Pat P has now
I love McLaurin but think PP shuts him down. I think Peterson is going to be a monster again this year.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wash is an example of how no-names can succeed when they play sound, fundamental FB.

Do not underrate Washington.

Playing crappy and getting a ton of draft picks affords great draft positions... those Redskins (yeah, they can be in public denial but that is what they are) have a lot of talent

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looking at the ESPN game logs, Washington's longest drive to score pts started from Philly 48. The other scoring drives where from Philly 45, 42 & 20 yard lines. Even the 2018 Cardinals make a comeback with that starting field position.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Playing crappy and getting a ton of draft picks affords great draft positions... those Redskins (yeah, they can be in public denial but that is what they are) have a lot of talent

Their team name is the Washington Football Team. It sounds like you are the one in denial that it changed.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Their team name is the Washington Football Team. It sounds like you are the one in denial that it changed.
I agree.

But I’m a big fan of the teams that have abolished their names like the Atlanta and Cleveland baseball teams, the Chicago Hockey team, the Kansas City football team, the Edmonton CFL football team, the Golden State basketball team, and the Florida State college football team to name a few.

And don’t get me started on the Redlegs, White Sox, and Red Sox.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our Oline will need to do a better job (especially Hump) because the Washies have a tremendous Dline.
No turnovers and they will have trouble scoring. KM will make enough plays with his legs to give us the W if the Cards avoid shooting themselves in the foot.

Rivera is a very good HC and he will have his team ready to play and I expect a tough battle.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree.

But I’m a big fan of the teams that have abolished their names like the Atlanta and Cleveland baseball teams, the Chicago Hockey team, the Kansas City football team, the Edmonton CFL football team, the Golden State basketball team, and the Florida State college football team to name a few.

And don’t get me started on the Redlegs, White Sox, and Red Sox.

Is this supposed to be clever?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the ESPN game logs, Washington's longest drive to score pts started from Philly 48. The other scoring drives where from Philly 45, 42 & 20 yard lines. Even the 2018 Cardinals make a comeback with that starting field position.

Ugh.......no.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect Vance to have P2 shadow McLaurin. He's shown no tendency in any games so far to have P2 shadow anyone. He's pretty much stayed 100% at LCB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
reading some stuff on the Philly / Wash game: Philly was down 3 starters on its O-line, both tackles and Brandon Brooks, its all pro guard.

early in the game, one of the back ups went out, and a UDFA took his place at RT

Jason Peters, who moved out to LT as a result apparently looked every day of this 36 years old.

oh yeah, their starting RB didnt play either

give Wash credit --Philly had issues and they made them pay

but Philly also had some pretty severe injury issues centered on one position group