Wk 2 Washington (Potatoes) Football Team @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/14/20-09/29/20

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would not take Washington lightly. Yes there D-line is strong, but do they have depth? We can go quick tempo and go sideline to sideline to exhaust them. Once they are winded, we can go vertical and pound the rock.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When looking at the game in terms of talent and schemes, we lose if we turn the ball over and that is pretty much it. Maybe McLaurin is too much for our defense, but outside of that, Washington has too many mismatches to overcome.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Last week was the blue print. No turn overs, play the field position game, Murray and Hopkins make enough plays to outscore the other guys. Win old school.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
⁦‪@Kyle_Odegard‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

C Mason Cole was working on side during open portion of practice. Did not see S Jalen Thompson or TE Maxx Williams. Looked like vet days for Fitz, D-Hop.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban
⁦‪@Cardschatter‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

In open part of #AZCardinals practice, C Mason Cole was working on the side and WR Larry Fitzgerald was not taking part. Did not see WR DeAndre Hopkins or S Jalen Thompson. (Guessing DHop probably will be taking Wednesdays off.) pic.twitter.com/yrsz7MelYQ

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
reading some stuff on the Philly / Wash game: Philly was down 3 starters on its O-line, both tackles and Brandon Brooks, its all pro guard.

early in the game, one of the back ups went out, and a UDFA took his place at RT

Jason Peters, who moved out to LT as a result apparently looked every day of this 36 years old.

oh yeah, their starting RB didnt play either

give Wash credit --Philly had issues and they made them pay

but Philly also had some pretty severe injury issues centered on one position group
Don't forget Philly didn't even want Peters back, but signed him to play guard, when they had an injury....then they had to pay him more to move out to Tackle, because if another injury....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually think its Washington's interior rush that concerns me more than their DE's.

The startling thing against the 49ers was I didnt see the center constantly pushed back into the QB. Maybe its cause Shipley is gone or maybe its because the 49ers really miss Buckner. Armstead played like a guy who just got paid big bucks.

Allen/Payne/ioannidis are the concern. Sweat and Chase Young are faster than Bosa/Ford. However, I think our tackles can do ok/Kyler can escape if he's got room to step up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ Humphries is good they said. He's worth $15m they said.

Only Chase Young next.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
John Keim
@john_keim
· 8m
One note: to prep for Kyler Murray,,,, the WFT is having Kyle Allen try to simulate him.... Hard to simulate Murray, even if Allen has some quickness... And as @JPFinlayNBCS pointed out: Allen once beat out Murray at Texas A&M for the starting job.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Only Chase Young next.

YEESH

In fairness Bosa is one of the most technically sound DE's to ever enter the league. As a 2nd year pro he's operating like a 10 year vet.

Chase Young is more physically impressive than Bosa. So I'm a bit worried about Kyler escaping his grasp. However, if DJ just engages well enough we should be ok. At this point in his development I dont see him skillfully dominating DJ. However, if he's close to Kyler...I'm gonna be concerned.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
John Keim
@john_keim
· 8m
One note: to prep for Kyler Murray,,,, the WFT is having Kyle Allen try to simulate him.... Hard to simulate Murray, even if Allen has some quickness... And as @JPFinlayNBCS pointed out: Allen once beat out Murray at Texas A&M for the starting job.

The key word is 'once' :)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The key word is 'once' :)
Sadly...he beat us last year.

Washington doesnt have the Panthers weapons, but man we were the reason Kyle Allen continued to start for so long.

Haskins has worse footwork so we should give him problems. However, if he's allowed to just sit back and throw it could be a bit of a problem.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sadly...he beat us last year.

Washington doesnt have the Panthers weapons, but man we were the reason Kyle Allen continued to start for so long.

Haskins has worse footwork so we should give him problems. However, if he's allowed to just sit back and throw it could be a bit of a problem.

The key is this defense better have some picks when Haskins offers them... yes Budda, I am talking to you when Haskin throws a wild one into the middle of coverage lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Only Chase Young next.

This is laughable.

He is the 8th highest paid OT in football so it isn't like you are paying him as one of the best.

He is paid in the same realm as Dion Dawkins, Jack Conklin, Donovan Smith, and Russell Okung. Guys who he is as talented as.

The only guys who he gets paid more than are guys who signed huge deals 3 years ago, guys still on their rookie deals, and guys who are 33+.

He gave up zero sacks and multiple pressures to one of the three best defensive ends in football with no preseason games work on his sets vs live competition. 64 guys were credited with at least half a sack week 1 in the NFL...but Nick Bosa wasn't one of them. He wasn't great...that is fair. But he was league average and that is what we need him to be for this team to be successful.

The Captain isn't grossly overpaid. The Captain isn't terrible. The Captain is exactly what we need him to be.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So over and under on Hopkins and Fitzgerald teeing it up on their off day?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
YEESH

In fairness Bosa is one of the most technically sound DE's to ever enter the league. As a 2nd year pro he's operating like a 10 year vet.

Chase Young is more physically impressive than Bosa. So I'm a bit worried about Kyler escaping his grasp. However, if DJ just engages well enough we should be ok. At this point in his development I dont see him skillfully dominating DJ. However, if he's close to Kyler...I'm gonna be concerned.

How many times do you have to get bit like a drum inside before you adjust though? Apparently more than 3 for Hump.