Suns chances at play in

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’re done but it doesn’t take away from what we’ve seen so far from this team.

We are not done.

Still a decent chance Memphis loses last 3 or portland loses 2 of 4. Odds are not great, but it is still very realistic.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. The way I look at it, the Suns would almost have to win out to have a chance at the playoffs. That's a lot to ask.

They do have to win out, but that is very realistic. Playoff teams are now starting to rest their players.

Of course that makes it easier for Portland and Memphis as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do have to win out, but that is very realistic. Playoff teams are now starting to rest their players.

Of course that makes it easier for Portland and Memphis as well.

I didn't realize Memphis had won. The Suns slim chance just took a bump.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Down to 3% per Five Thirty Eight. We were as high as 8% yesterday. Think we’re gonna have to win out just to have a chance.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Draymond Green's (tampering) comment about Booker, while covering for Shaq on Inside The NBA,
will motivate Sarver to allow the Suns to obtain the players it needs to, once and for all, be competitive.

Not just hope to sneak into a short-season playoff spot, but become a legitimate playoff contender.

https://sports.yahoo.com/draymond-g...mediately-accused-of-tampering-234539322.html

I wouldn't expect anymore than a fine because Green was playing the role of analyst.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he’s a current NBA player representing a team. Does being an “analyst” supersede that?

I doubt Green was officially representing the Warriors in his role as television analyst.

Probably the best that can be hoped for is a fine.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn’t matter. He’s a member of the Warriors and is always representing them.

Green is a player not a team. He doesn't represent the Warriors front office.

He can be fined or suspended but that's on him.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
unbelievable.
Clippers mgmt throwing game to Portland (so Portland gets a shot at Lakers).
Leonard out, George sitting the last half of 4th, Clipper scrubs in.
a 27% 3pt shooting Clipper makes one and Lillard misses 2 free throws

keep hope alive

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Regarding Green's comment, as a Suns fan, the incident is not about him.

It is about motivating Sarver to open his eyes and his billion dollar wallet
and skillfully fill out the roster with players who can help make us a legit
playoff contender going forward. So we don't lose DBook.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Huh? That makes no sense. With that reasoning, NO player can commit tampering because they are just players, not the team. You know the rules don't support that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? That makes no sense. With that reasoning, NO player can commit tampering because they are just players, not the team. You know the rules don't support that.

I didn't say that. Maybe you want to reread my posts.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe you should reread what you post.

This was in response to my questioning why you think he is free from tampering accusations because he is working as an "analyst." Which I disputed because there is no difference. He's an active player in the NBA, he can absolutely tamper, and that's exactly what he did. He even admitted it himself.

I'm not sure how you can think that a player is no different then a front office representative as far as representing a team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should reread what you post.

This was in response to my questioning why you think he is free from tampering accusations because he is working as an "analyst." Which I disputed because there is no difference. He's an active player in the NBA, he can absolutely tamper, and that's exactly what he did. He even admitted it himself.

I'm not sure how you can think that a player is no different then a front office representative as far as representing a team.

Again, Green can be guilty of tampering and the penalty is usually a fine or perhaps a suspension.

Unless he is working directly on behalf of the Warriors front office (team), it's unlikely the team will be penalized such as losing draft picks.

Lebron did push the limits on this with Anthony Davis.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Again, Green can be guilty of tampering and the penalty is usually a fine or perhaps a suspension.

Unless he is working directly on behalf of the Warriors front office (team), it's unlikely the team will be penalized such as losing draft picks.

Lebron did push the limits on this with Anthony Davis.
If you are directly addressing whether THE TEAM is the one that is in question you should state that.

sounds like this could have been totally avoided because we are probably in agreement that this was some form of tampering by the player. I didn’t think team tampering was even part of the discussion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are directly addressing whether THE TEAM is the one that is in question you should state that.

sounds like this could have been totally avoided because we are probably in agreement that this was some form of tampering by the player. I didn’t think team tampering was even part of the discussion.

Chaplin you continue to try to muddy the water. "THE TEAM" is not in question. It's whether Green tampered.

Here is a previous quote:

This discussion is going nowhere.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I posted a comment, not a quote, regarding the effect upon Booker,
not Green's punishment, as being important to the Suns.

I couldn't care less what the league does to Green. As all of us, my
concern is about Book giving up on Sarver and wanting a chance to
be on a playoff team.

I think winning is a significant part of Devin's admiration of Kobe.

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Players can tamper how do you think superteams form? Hope Book is networking in the bub...

They tamper but typically not on national TV.

He'll likely get fined and I'm sure behind the scenes the warriors are being warned about it

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beverley and Morris having some fun at Lillard's expense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding Green's comment, as a Suns fan, the incident is not about him.

It is about motivating Sarver to open his eyes and his billion dollar wallet
and skillfully fill out the roster with players who can help make us a legit
playoff contender going forward. So we don't lose DBook.

And the Suns have been winnings and are challenging for a playoff spot right now. Rome wasn't built in a day and turning this team into a playoff contender won't happen overnight. All of the right things have been happening lately to turn the corner.

We have a GM who has assembled a competitive roster this past offseason and helped the Suns make a big improvement as far as wins and winning percentage. They've won 11 more games than last season and have played 12 fewer games so far.

There is a good head coach here who has shown capable of developing a good chemistry with the team while developing young players and putting more experienced players in a position to succeed.

The roster needs some work but they went from 4-5 NBA level players last year to 9-10 this year. Our current starters from the bubble are all locked in for the next 2 seasons, at least. I have some faith that they'll be able to lock some guys in long term so this core continue to grow, and improve, together.

Not everyone thinks of Sarver when a comment is directed towards a Suns player. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Draymond doesn't know Sarver's name. Your theory that his comment is a wake up call Sarver makes little sense considering the Suns have been headed in the right direction all year. How should Sarver react? If he says something denouncing Draymond, I imagine you'll be upset he's back in the spotlight and if he does nothing publicly you'll assume he's not doing anything. There isn't a move that should be made because a player from a divisional rival wants to see our best player traded away.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What has to happen for the Suns to make the play-in explained.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media