Suns chances at play in

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Blazers about to beat the nuggets. They seem to be a lock for one of the play-in spots

Our best shot seems to rely on the grizz continuing to lose

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that this has a tournament-esque feel to it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This really has been amazing. They just knocked this out of the park. Even the virtual fan thing is really cool.

yup. Said it once, I’ll say it again. Let’s knock Biden off the ticket and replace him with Adam Silver.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Grizzlies could easily go 0-8...schedule is brutal

they play raps with nothing to play for and bucks with nothing to play for so not really...unfortunately

i believe at this point we need portland to lose twice and suns to win out. This is because portland has played one more game than Suns so their winning percentage will be better. Can anyone confirm we need portland to drop 2?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to appreciate the Suns social media team.

Wanted to screenshot this so it saves their display name. I imagine they'll change it tomorrow, at the latest.

You must be registered for see images attach

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Going further into fantasy world.

If the Suns won a championship in Orlando it would feel just as good as any championship.

Just ask me. :wink2:

Also one could make the case the Suns beat two opponents. The other team and Covid.
I've heard many say that not only should there not be an asterisk but you should get a gold star for winning a championship in these conditions.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard many say that not only should there not be an asterisk but you should get a gold star for winning a championship in these conditions.

I could see the imaginary "gold star" award if the Lakers or another of the favorites wins it all. But I think there will be an implied asterisk if anyone else wins this and it will be a MUCH bigger asterisk if one of the "real season" bottom dwellers wins it all.

Every fan of every one of the 22 teams is hoping to see their team win it all in this bubble format but once it's over, should we pull off the near impossible, I'm sure we'd hear a lot of nonsense from fans from the other 21 clubs.

I'm not overly concerned about that nonsense, I'm just curious how long suffering Suns fans will feel. Will it be the real deal for you, will it end the pain of the 50 plus years of not finishing on top?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could see the imaginary "gold star" award if the Lakers or another of the favorites wins it all. But I think there will be an implied asterisk if anyone else wins this and it will be a MUCH bigger asterisk if one of the "real season" bottom dwellers wins it all.

Every fan of every one of the 22 teams is hoping to see their team win it all in this bubble format but once it's over, should we pull off the near impossible, I'm sure we'd hear a lot of nonsense from fans from the other 21 clubs.

I'm not overly concerned about that nonsense, I'm just curious how long suffering Suns fans will feel. Will it be the real deal for you, will it end the pain of the 50 plus years of not finishing on top?
It would depend on how we play afterward. If the Suns win—that still seems silly to even talk about—and they go back to playing .500 ball or less next year, then it would be dismissed. If they play contending type of basketball, it will be accepted.

same with any other unexpected team that wins it.

But that all is a bit preliminary. Suns could go 8-0 and not get into the play-in game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would depend on how we play afterward. If the Suns win—that still seems silly to even talk about—and they go back to playing .500 ball or less next year, then it would be dismissed. If they play contending type of basketball, it will be accepted.

same with any other unexpected team that wins it.

But that all is a bit preliminary. Suns could go 8-0 and not get into the play-in game.

Good point. I don't know if it would be completely accepted as legit but you're right, it would take away most of the stigma of having been a low seed winner.

And yes, putting aside the difficulty of making it to the play-in game alone, winning it all this season would still be the mother of all long shots.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz not playing Gobert or Mitchell against the Spurs. Looking like a Spurs win.

This is what I dislike this time of season. Teams already in playoffs sitting their best players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

For me yes. Someone has to win it, and if the Suns were to run the table to win it being the last western team to make it in...that’s a special story to me.

I also think the odds of #2 in the next few years would be much improved.

But I’m just enjoying this streak as it goes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@JCSunsfan

As I read it, if the Suns did make the playoffs they would be out of the lottery.

Of course I don't think fans would be up in arms if this were to happen because it's been so long.

One key thing to note here is that the back end of the lottery and associated odds (picks nine through 14) will still be determined by teams’ regular-season records through March 11. As things stand, that means Washington, Phoenix, San Antonio, Sacramento and New Orleans (with a 12/13 tiebreaker on the table) and Portland, in that order. If any of those teams winds up making it into the playoffs at the conclusion of the final eight-game regular-season slate in Orlando, they’ll be replaced in the lottery by whichever team(s) fall out.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/06/16/nba-draft-2020-schedule-dates

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We’re done but it doesn’t take away from what we’ve seen so far from this team.

Yeah, today's wins by the Grizzlies and Spurs did us no favors. Still, this could be something nice on which to build moving forward, as long as management doesn't get overconfident and realizes we still have holes to fill at power forward and on the bench.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not the only one saying Booker should force his exit from Phoenix, I've been hearing it from various ESPN mouths (regular and visiting mouths) for a few years. I hope we make them all regret that Booker played his entire 19 year career in Phoenix.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still have a very small chance due to the tiebreakers. All we can do is keep winning and hope for the best

Yeah. The way I look at it, the Suns would almost have to win out to have a chance at the playoffs. That's a lot to ask.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose