DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Absolutely surreal. It's an hour or so I will never forget.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Awesome... but... Why is his undershirt hanging out from under his jersey... and what's with the all-white pants?! Kinda looks sloppy... like hes posing in his underoos. Weird.

And the picture on the right makes him look like he's in NBA Jam giant head mode!

...dave

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to admit until the deal was official I kept thinking it was going to be voided with some sort of Charlie Finley rule or something.

I remember guys in an email list i'm on joking that I must have started the rumor about Hopkins to the Cards to see if I could fool the media.

I know there were contract issues etc but still unless there is something we don't know about it just makes no sense at all.

I hope we have a season, I hope DJ lights it up for the Texans but man this seems like a steal

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have to admit until the deal was official I kept thinking it was going to be voided with some sort of Charlie Finley rule or something.

I remember guys in an email list i'm on joking that I must have started the rumor about Hopkins to the Cards to see if I could fool the media.

I know there were contract issues etc but still unless there is something we don't know about it just makes no sense at all.

I hope we have a season, I hope DJ lights it up for the Texans but man this seems like a steal

Part of me still won't believe it until I see him on the field in game.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ROTB is a cesspool of egomaniac writers (one whom we are all very familiar with) who spew garbage opinions as facts. Articles get posted daily that share no factual information. I actually feel bad that one of Hopkins first impressions of the AZ media is that cesspool wannabe media outlet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ROTB is a cesspool of egomaniac writers (one whom we are all very familiar with) who spew garbage opinions as facts. Articles get posted daily that share no factual information. I actually feel bad that one of Hopkins first impressions of the AZ media is that cesspool wannabe media outlet.

Yup, there were some quite big kick offs about it when I was over there. Mitch especially writes opinion pieces about things going on behind the scenes that nobody could possible know about as if they happened that way for certain. And he repeats them over and over until people start getting indoctrinated.

ROTB seems dead now. There used to be 50-100 comments on major stories like players signing, contract extensions, injuries etc. Right now there are 23 on the Alford out for the season story from about 15 posters.

It went massively downhill for many when the writers and mods started telling people what they could talk about. They actually told people to stop complaining about Keim and various other subjects so they could moderate the discussion into something they personally enjoyed more.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yup, there were some quite big kick offs about it when I was over there. Mitch especially writes opinion pieces about things going on behind the scenes that nobody could possible know about as if they happened that way for certain. And he repeats them over and over until people start getting indoctrinated.

ROTB seems dead now. There used to be 50-100 comments on major stories like players signing, contract extensions, injuries etc. Right now there are 23 on the Alford out for the season story from about 15 posters.

It went massively downhill for many when the writers and mods started telling people what they could talk about. They actually told people to stop complaining about Keim and various other subjects so they could moderate the discussion into something they personally enjoyed more.
It's pretty ridiculous to see how many flock to his defense if you have the nerve to disagree with him.

Also I don't know if you were here when he was regularly posting here, but it really hasn't changed except he just gets more people looking at his opinions over there.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's pretty ridiculous to see how many flock to his defense if you have the nerve to disagree with him.

Also I don't know if you were here when he was regularly posting here, but it really hasn't changed except he just gets more people looking at his opinions over there.

No I wasn't here but I have looked back through some of his old posts and it's the same stuff.

Over hypes the fringe guys / journeymen and undrafted rookies. Last year it was that OLB that played for Kliff at Texas Tech that bounced around with the Skins and others. Kliff was going to get the best out of him and he was going to finally find his feet.

At the same time anyone with any kind of attitude, self confidence, prima donna tendencies is bad for the team, no matter how great they are.

He wrote numerous times about how Sam Bradford and Mike McCoy were great additions and were going to be awesome.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Haven’t been following, but many have not, it’s not entertaining

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA