Positive Media Vibe on Cardinals

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
It's great to see the positive media vibe concerning the Cardinals for the upcoming season. Multiple outlets have mentioned the Cardinals as one of the most improved teams and one of the dark horse playoff contenders. Also, many have identified the Cardinals as one of the teams that has improved the most in the off-season with an excellent draft and free agency acquisitions. The last couple of years have been rough, like so many other off-seasons, with no real hope of playoff contention. This season is different and I'm lovin it!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It's great to see the positive media vibe concerning the Cardinals for the upcoming season. Multiple outlets have mentioned the Cardinals as one of the most improved teams and one of the dark horse playoff contenders. Also, many have identified the Cardinals as one of the teams that has improved the most in the off-season with an excellent draft and free agency acquisitions. The last couple of years have been rough, like so many other off-seasons, with no real hope of playoff contention. This season is different and I'm lovin it!
:stick::stick::stick:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team is way more poised than the Browns last year. Kingsbury seems to have this teams attitude pretty well grounded.
Add that to the fact that the Browns were dealing with a new head coach.

A lousy new head coach.

I expect them to be better this year - but I'm still not sold on Mayfield. He seems emotionally fragile to me.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
the key difference between the Browns and Cards is leadership.

No one on the Browns can compare to Fitz, Chandler, & Pat P. These are All Pro players & great people to look up to. Keeping teams grounded only happens when you have the right role models to look up to.

They had to deal with the retirement of legend Joe Thomas, a ton of rookies just getting their feet wet, Kareen Hunt, Myles Garrett, a looming front office turnover, a horribly unprepared Rookie HC, & a bunch of ME-First young guys who really haven't proven anything.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's certainly nice, but I keep reminding myself that I don't know if we're built to succeed with such little practice time, I still don't like our coaching staff, and we're in a division full of successful teams with a lot more experience under their belts. For as much praise as we're getting, it's kinda like "we might get a wild card," not "we might compete for the division."

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
the key difference between the Browns and Cards is leadership.

No one on the Browns can compare to Fitz, Chandler, & Pat P. These are All Pro players & great people to look up to. Keeping teams grounded only happens when you have the right role models to look up to.

They had to deal with the retirement of legend Joe Thomas, a ton of rookies just getting their feet wet, Kareen Hunt, Myles Garrett, a looming front office turnover, a horribly unprepared Rookie HC, & a bunch of ME-First young guys who really haven't proven anything.
Don't forget Hopkins. He was always looked at as a great locker room guy on the Texans.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's certainly nice, but I keep reminding myself that I don't know if we're built to succeed with such little practice time, I still don't like our coaching staff, and we're in a division full of successful teams with a lot more experience under their belts. For as much praise as we're getting, it's kinda like "we might get a wild card," not "we might compete for the division."

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we had an average defense last season we could've beaten the 49ers twice? They lost Sanders their #1 WR, replaced him with a rookie. They lost Buckner, the anchor of the IDL & replaced him with a rookie (Kinlaw) the Rams lost Quite a bit & will not be 9-7 again. Seattle we split with in 2019 just like almost every yr. We added pieces to all areas of our defense that needed it imo, plus Hopkins on offense. I see not why we wouldn't have a chance to compete for the division.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What... like the other 31 teams have some additional practice we are not privy to lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What... like the other 31 teams have some additional practice we are not privy to lol
The rest of the division are multiple years into their systems, weren't picking in the top ten, and didn't add a player who desperately needs to get more time in his multiple roles.

If you think we're on the same level of experience from coaching on down in the NFL compared to our opponents, I don't know what to tell ya.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we had an average defense last season we could've beaten the 49ers twice? They lost Sanders their #1 WR, replaced him with a rookie. They lost Buckner, the anchor of the IDL & replaced him with a rookie (Kinlaw) the Rams lost Quite a bit & will not be 9-7 again. Seattle we split with in 2019 just like almost every yr. We added pieces to all areas of our defense that needed it imo, plus Hopkins on offense. I see not why we wouldn't have a chance to compete for the division.
Let's not fight this. I want to be hopeful too. We have a bigger learning curve and unproven talent gap.