2020 1st round pick is Isaiah Simmons

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My only concern...

If we dont have a STRONG defensive coordinator he could be another Cardinal lost in the shuffle. Heck even recently on offense with Isabella. Moved him around so much that he got lost.

Obviously Simmons seems too talented to fail. Its truly on coaching..
There should be no way this kid gets lost in the shuffle, he's too talented & can cover so many positions. He'll be able to handle wherever VJ puts him imo.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm ecstatic. Perfect pick, great offseason.
Better hope Gilbert stays healthy (heck even DJ) and Murray if called upon is ready. Season could be ruined quick or not live up to expectations if Kliff doesnt trust the OLine to run his offense.

Not trying to be a debbie downer. Love the player. Just our offense could have truly been ready to roll.

And there is fear that Vance simply is the issue on defense.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tom Brady is going to get Wirfs...man.
There should be no way this kid gets lost in the shuffle, he's too talented & can cover so many positions. He'll be able to handle wherever VJ puts him imo.
I worry about VJ putting him all over the place and he doesnt get good/great at one thing. We need a plan. And now the off season looks shot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am ecstatic! I had absolutely ZERO faith that Keim was going to pick the right O-linemen and two of my favorite Cardinals ever (Dansby, Jamir Miller) have been exactly in Simmons mold. That guy is going to make the LB corp one of the best in the league.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tom Brady is going to get Wirfs...man.

I worry about VJ putting him all over the place and he doesnt get good/great at one thing. We need a plan. And now the off season looks shot.
He will be fine my Cardinal brother, you can believe that. He plays so many positions already & is damn good at all of them. He'll just need to learn the NFL offenses. This kid has the potential to be considered for NFL defensive rookie of the Year. We'll see how quick he transitions but I bet it will be quick. I'm pumped.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Man..... Shanahan gets to pick the exact guy they want. Oooof