We might just have 2 drafts, 2020 & 2021, before another game is played.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was watching a Netflix show on life in different areas of the planet.

There is like 80% less ice in the artic in the summer than in the 1980s. That means polar bears have much less hunting areas to survive over the summer. Polar might be extinct in 20 years.
I saw that. It’s pretty incredible to see starving polar bears.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Imo I think we either see no season or some weird really truncated season (think 8 games) with no fans in stadiums.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
As of tonight, the numbers seem slight, 123,000 cases reported & 1300 deaths, compared to flu season of 2018 with going on 1 million hospitalized & 80,000 deaths. Now that is only the serious cases, no count on those who got sick at home. And no mention whatsoever as usual of people infected with no or very minor symptoms, who may have been spreading the flu to others.

When I saw those sorts of numbers from our center of disease control a couple weeks ago, I wondered why this new virus was any different from any flu and season. Those flu numbers are from a vaccinated populace too. So it seems to make one wonder, why all the care and worry so extreme compared to any virus outbreak year. Is it possible that the govt and news agency created this over reaction with all the extreme measures and isolation, all leading to the shut downs and unemployment. Is it a staged outcome so the party in power can pretend to come to the rescue, and scare the voters not to have a change in power during this a voting year. To hell with them if they ruined sports for us all this year in the slightest way just to get reelected.

Usually they start a war to accomplish that. Is this their 2020 election year "war", the Republicans pulling old faithful out of their bag of election year tricks.

I certainly don't have the answer, but would not in the least put it past them. We won't know for decades when historians look back and have more objective access to the truth.

But until then, could or would you actually believe that behind closed doors the Republicans haven't discussed and planned how they can and are going to use this virus in helping in the upcoming election. If I am wrong forgive me. If I am right, don't expect the results of this "epidemic" to vanish before fall or winter.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there's no NFL season there's no college season. So how would there be a 2021 draft?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not fact! I'll give you facts! Al Gore said more than almost 15 years that we'd be under water in 5 years and Al Gore will NOT debate ANYONE on the subject! In the 70's they said it was the new "ICE AGE" we were all going to freeze to death, "FACT"! For the past 10 years or so the earth is actually in a cooling cycle, "FACT"! You threaten to take away generous grants, Scientist will tell you anything you want to here! Yes the topic of Global Warming is political and belongs on the P&R thread!

You are letting big oil drive the future of your children and grandchildren off of a cliff.

Rich oil industrialists do not care about it you

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was watching a Netflix show on life in different areas of the planet.

There is like 80% less ice in the artic in the summer than in the 1980s. That means polar bears have much less hunting areas to survive over the summer. Polar might be extinct in 20 years.

The polar bear population has in fact grown in the north.

Since 2005, however, the estimated global polar bear population has risen by more than 30% to about 30,000 bears, far and away the highest estimate in more than 50 years. A growing number of observational studies have documented that polar bears are thriving, despite shrinking summer sea ice. The population was 5000 in 1950.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are letting big oil drive the future of your children and grandchildren off of a cliff.

Rich oil industrialists do not care about it you

Don't allow perfection to be the enemy of good.

Oil and gas are not the primary drivers of man-made Co2 - It's coal!

The fall in emissions in the US is directly related to displacing the energy source of electricity from coal to natural gas.

Now, let's see if we can convince China and India to do the same.

Reaction score
Don't allow perfection to be the enemy of good.

Oil and gas are not the primary drivers of man-made Co2 - It's coal!

The fall in emissions in the US is directly related to displacing the energy source of electricity from coal to natural gas.

Now, let's see if we can convince China and India to do the same.

Trump - Let's open up those coal mines!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose