DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty much means BoB can’t pull back(not like he wanted to anyway) on the deal between now & the physical.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't it just last year the Ravens and Bears (I think) had a trade for a WR then another guy they liked more was cut, they failed the 1st guy and immediately signed the 2nd.

1st WR said he was perfectly healthy and signed elsewhere couple of days later.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, but would you be shocked if they failed DJ for some odd reason?
Yea.

Folks are probably gonna think of when Houston traded Duane Brown to Seattle for Jeremy Lane & picks. Jeremy Lane failed his physical, but he was nursing an on-going groin injury that happened 3 weeks prior to the trade. Seattle had to throw in another pick to finalize the trade.

David has been healthy pretty much since December. Unless he did something to hurt himself in the offseason, it’ll go through.

This also Bill O’Brien we’re talking about here. He’ll probably just switch 7th rounders with us.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am sure BOB is arrogant enough to think he is right about this trade...will try to prove it.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
^^ the replies to that tweet are savage. I don't know how O'Brien keeps his job after this debacle, and that's before Hop even catches a single pass here. The fanbase is beyond enraged.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm still stunned by this trade.

The entire trade is still horribly lopsided even if you eliminate Nuk from the deal entirely. Just getting out of DJ's contract was a miracle. Doing it without having to pay him anything is like parting the red sea.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm still stunned by this trade.

The entire trade is still horribly lopsided even if you eliminate Nuk from the deal entirely. Just getting out of DJ's contract was a miracle. Doing it without having to pay him anything is like parting the red sea.
Dude, me too. Puts a smile on my face every time I think about it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Comments on trade from honey badger:

Tyrann Mathieu shared his thoughts on the Arizona Cardinals' trade for DeAndre Hopkins with the Houston Texans on ESPN's First Take this week.

The Kansas City Chiefs safety can offer a unique perspective on the deal.

After all, Mathieu is familiar with both teams.

He was a teammate of Hopkins' on the Texans in 2017 and played his first five seasons in the NFL with the Cardinals.

Mathieu said he was very surprised about Hopkins getting traded to Arizona.

“I was probably just as shocked as everybody else,” Mathieu told ESPN's First Take. “I really couldn’t imagine DeAndre Hopkins not retiring in a Texans uniform. I spent a season with him a couple years ago, and he’s probably everything you want in a player, especially a teammate — not only the things he does on the football field Monday nights, Thursday nights, Sunday nights. It’s the kind of impact he had in the community as well. He was one of these guys that was always out there. He was very vocal about — especially the voiceless."

Mathieu told First Take that he sees something special in Arizona with Hopkins on the Cardinals.

"He gave a lot of people hope in Houston, so to see him go is definitely shocking, but to see him unite with his greatest mentor in Larry Fitzgerald, I’m pretty sure those guys are going to do something special in Arizona,” he said.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Everyone will be agreeing with PFF on this topic...

2020 NFL Free Agency LIVE Deal Grader

ARIZONA CARDINALS TRADE RB DAVID JOHNSON, A 2020 SECOND-ROUND PICK AND A 2021 FOURTH-ROUND PICK TO THE HOUSTON TEXANS FOR WR DEANDRE HOPKINS AND A 2020 FOURTH-ROUND PICK

Texans: Poor

Cardinals: Elite

The most difficult question when it comes to evaluating this trade is where to begin. On the surface, this is one of the most one-sided trades that I can remember. The Cardinals receive an unquestioned top-5 wide receiver in the NFL and the league’s second most valuable wide receiver over the past five seasons. If you were starting an NFL franchise Hopkins wouldn’t be far down the list on the players that you would take outside of the quarterback position. Additionally, the Cardinals got off Johnson’s bloated contract that carries cap hits of over $11 million in 2020 and $9 million in 2021, per Over the Cap.

So, the Texans must have been getting a massive haul of picks, right? As it turns out, the only thing that the Texans got, ignoring the fourth-round pick swap, is a second-round selection. This is a team that just traded multiple first-round selections for the less valuable Laremy Tunsil. We’ve seen receivers like Odell Beckham Jr. and Stefon Diggs — both of whom aren’t quite on the same level as Hopkins — draw much better packages recently. Texans’ fans, I’m sorry, but this makes no sense whatsoever on the part of Houston. On the flip side, there can’t be anyone happier than Steve Keim, Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray in Arizona.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hope we take more shots down the field now.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sidenote: Plays like this are why I see the need for more Oline help. lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Look who is giving up the pressure in the first video...almost gets K1 killed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was so caught up in the throw I didnt even notice. Yikes. Good thing Kyler's got a quick release

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He shouldn't have to...that's a top 5 LT right there. :)

Here is something we have to consider too, our center makes one feel far less confident stepping up than depending on Humphries and maybe due to height Kyler could not see that far down field if he did move stepping up into the pocket with the limited space our interior provides him.. like Max Starks said, with a smaller QB (citing Drew Brees as an example) it's the interior which has to be elite

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I love me some Squeak but he also needs to learn how to step up into the pocket because if he did, that defender would have been out of the play but K1 just sits back there :)
Yep. He was responsible for half his sacks last season.