DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This trade is getting so much backlash don't be surprised if this falls through.

Tamper period trades have been squashed before. If someone calls Texas and offers more its game over.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
News on this broke an hour ago...my brain is still trying to make it compute. 4th round swaps 2020/2021, call it a wash. Salaries pretty close, we take on additional 2 mil. So we picked up a DeAndre Hopkins, in his prime, with 3 years of reasonable contract in exchange for a RB with an albatross contract (negative asset) and a 2nd?

If Lamb was supposed to be as good as Hopkins (best case) and he was generally considered worthy of a top 10 pick, how is Hopkins only worth essentially just less than a 2nd round pick? I get his contract would be lower, but i dont understand how the Texans couldnt do better than this. Did they call other teams? Im shocked?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

They are apparently giving Hopkins a new deal

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This trade is getting so much backlash don't be surprised if this falls through.

Tamper period trades have been squashed before. If someone calls Texas and offers more its game over.

Teams RARELY do this. They don't think they got fleeced, and no amount of public or media opinion is going to change that.

Could they get a better offer, maybe...but the rumors were that 4 teams were talking to them about the deal, and they didn't think any of those offers were as good.

If a team makes a deal like this and then backs out, they severely damage their relationship among the NFL and it becomes that much harder to negotiate deals in the future.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987

This Cardinals-Texans trade was agreed to as far back as March 5th! I heard about it over the weekend but could not get confirmation and to be completely honest did not believe it was true based on how absurd the trade was
In other words, Bill O'Brien had 11 days to reconsider this lopsided deal and decided it was still a worthwhile deal for Houston?? Holy crap. No wonder Texans fans hate him so much.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would really like to hear about a big defensive signing. If we can land an impact defensive player today, Ill be satisfied to sit and wait around until the 2nd wave

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
3/16/20, 1:33 PM
What might Hopkins new deal look like? Well, Michael Thomas signed a five year, $96.25 million extension with the Saints in July of 2019 with $35 million fully guaranteed.

Add 2 years to his deal for 35 million, and make 35 million guaranteed.

That makes his deal 5 years, 75 million with 35 guaranteed. Still a good deal for the Cards all things considered

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My granddaughter gave me this fleece blankie for Christmas. lol . Must have been an omen!

You must be registered for see images attach
I love how you call it a blankie and not a blanket lol

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Add 2 years to his deal for 35 million, and make 35 million guaranteed.

That makes his deal 5 years, 75 million with 35 guaranteed. Still a good deal for the Cards all things considered

He's not gonna do that...look at the chart TheCardFan put up--he is going to ask for $90+ million on a 5 year deal.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's not gonna do that...look at the chart TheCardFan put up--he is going to ask for $90+ million on a 5 year deal.

Or they could not give him a new deal at all and make him sit out for 3 years! He has zero leverage

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson