DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted.

Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL

As shocking on the surface and unpopular as the DeAndre Hopkins trade is, multiple sources noted throughout past year that friction existed between him and Bill O'Brien that could ultimately lead to his exit. And it did today. How they pivot from this will be interesting

11:20 AM - 16 Mar 2020

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trade back a little and draft Ruggs.

Fitz, Hopkins, Kirk, Ruggs, Isabella, Butler, Cooper/Johnson/Byrd....

That is a hell of a WR room.
I think you'd have to throw in Kirk. And still you need an OT. I'd flip Kirk if we can get Mims in the 2nd round.

I really like Kirk...but he's a slot guy. Hopkins plays a lot of slot as well....as well as Fitz...etc..

We still need that long speed wr to open things up. However, we just improved tremendously in the redzone.

The other thing...

Kyler is going to have to be better at throwing over the middle to take full advantage of Hopkins.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hahaha soooooo happy was Hopkins instead of a aging trent Williams

Heaven of a trade im stunned in aweeee

Now take oline in draft give Murray time in pocket

Now drake is pretty much coming back right?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My takes and thoughts;

1. Bill O"Brien traded away 2 years of drafts to go all in. Had to give up capital to recoup.

2. Cards need not draft WR 1st 2 rounds.

3. Hopefully Cards don't go $$$$ crazy with new found Johnson $$$$ and give too big a chunk to Drake. Let him walk if need be or trade him.

4. Cards can trade down to as low as 16-18 to get back both 2 and 4. 1 this year and a #2/3/4 next year creating the draft choices exchange in the deal a wash.

5. Keim may have stepped in poo and come up with diamonds.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My takes and thoughts;

1. Bill O"Brien traded away 2 years of drafts to go all in. Had to give up capital to recoup.

3. Hopefully Cards don't go $$$$ crazy with new found Johnson $$$$ and give too big a chunk to Drake. Let him walk if need be or trade him.

4. Cards can trade down to as low as 16-18 to get back both 2s. 1 this year and a #2 next year creating the draft choices exchange in the deal a wash.

1. We don't have a #2
2. Drake is transition tagged

OP
OP
D

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
My takes and thoughts;

4. Cards can trade down to as low as 16-18 to get back both 2s. 1 this year and a #2 next year creating the draft choices exchange in the deal a wash.

We only traded one second round pick to them and it was this years.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My takes and thoughts;

We only gave up a 2nd this year and a 4th next year....and got an additional 4th this year, which has a lot of value in this deep draft.

Its essentially DJ + a 2nd for Hopkins, who wants a new deal.

It's a great trade for us, because I thought we would have to give something up just to unload DJ's deal completely.

We are still on position to draft a really solid payer at #8, but could just as easily trade back a little and recoup the 2nd if need be.

I still want to hear something about a defensive FA that makes an impact...then I will be satisfied for the first wave of FA. Give me a defensive lineman or LB that makes me say "that is a big upgrade"

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
My takes and thoughts;

Keim should still make a run at Amari Cooper...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
My takes and thoughts;

It's a #4 dp in 2021. Not a #2.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No player twitter reactions?