Rumor: Cards have made a trade

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They do what they should have with DJ. Franchise him in 2022 and 2023, then let him go.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Christian McCaffrey is not going to get traded to a team unwilling to give him a long term deal. That would be absolute nonsense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Three years of 1300 plus yards and ten plus TDs, along with 1000 yard seasons in every single season he's been healthy for "isn't anything?" What a weird take. OBJ blows Diggs out of the water.
It isnt 2016. I will take the dude who have outperformed OBJ the past three years on a team that wanted to run the ball and is a year + younger.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Christian McCaffrey is not going to get traded to a team unwilling to give him a long term deal. That would be absolute nonsense.
Why? What say would he have in it? I would also be careful calling other people's takes nonsense if i had been posting what you have been posting.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think all of the bolded above are better than Diggs, and i might include Kupp as well. Can't include AB... come on! I also lean toward ranking Thielen ahead of Diggs... though their production has been remarkably similar. Sutton could be there soon but can't be sure yet.

As i mentioned above... i wouldn't quibble with Diggs being called a top 15 WR, but i'd rule him out of the top 10.

...dbs
Disagree with Hilton, OBJ, Juju, and Cooks being better. Woods is a legit argument. He does way more than Keenan in terms of the routes he runs. It is like comparing him to Edleman.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It isnt 2016. I will take the dude who have outperformed OBJ the past three years on a team that wanted to run the ball and is a year + younger.

But he hasn't outperformed him, and OBJ has played less games. Compare the numbers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggSt00.htm

Why? What say would he have in it? I would also be careful calling other people's takes nonsense if i had been posting what you have been posting.

He has a say in holding out and not playing until he gets an extension. I can't believe you're pushing this like teams just frequently abandon their young, superstar players and don't get their input or talk about whether or not the player is going to actually play for the team in advance.

If the Cardinals aren't willing to pay Christian McCaffrey a long term contract after a trade, I can all but guarantee you there are five other teams who would provide the same compensation AND the contract.

Anyways, as far as the "nonsense" goes, sorry I'm criticizing the players and coaches who had five wins last year, three of which were barely wins against bad teams.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Slanidrac, I believe Chopper’s idea was to trade them #8, but get their first rounder (#25) back along with Diggs. I think this is too little, but who knows with the crazy value draft picks has gotten the last couple of years.

By the way, speaking of the main topic, if it is possible to get Trent Williams for David Johnson I would do backflips.
Me 2 lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it. There was 30 of us here that predicted Kyler was our guy...and then it happened.

Williams for Humphries, ridiculous.
McCafferty , never going to happen now.
Reddick? No big deal.
Diggs? Talk about salary cap. So we trade a pick and add ??M to our cap. No

Peterson. Hmm. If we knew Okudah was going to be there at 8 I could see it. In return we get a first and a 4th? The only thing is if it’s a team like K.C. We know where they are drafting so it’s like a second round pick. I guess we could parlay the extra picks to move back into the first round and still get Lamb?

Bottom line, I don’t think anything is going to happen.

I trust Bucky B... man is legit and has no history of telling tall tales reserved for a Wednesday, though like me he's a Texan lol

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this reminds me of the Cards trading for AP rumor thread a few years ago

how many pages did that one go?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of my co-workers is cousins with Trent Williams. He says Williams will stay with the Redskins now that Jay Gruden has been fired.
Either you’re lying or he is because that is an insanely idiotic comment and couldn’t be further from the truth.
Man, you guys are wildly overrating Diggs. He's never finished top 15 in yards or receptions in his career, and has only two 1,000 yard seasons (one just barely).

He's good, but not first round pick good.
And he’s a joke as a person. No thanks. When are people on this board going to figure out that this isn’t madden? Character and mental state matter.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to mischaracterize this given that Davante Adams crushes him TDs (and Davante is 570 yards ahead of him, almost 600, and crushing his receptions by 66), and he's had nowhere near the consistent high-level production (1000 yards+) that Cooks has had, even though he's close due to one poor season by Cooks.

Davante plays on a team with zero other WR talent, no good TEs and a history of poor RB usage until this past season. He's been there go to guy his whole career.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
If it's as big as you say, and a trade... Other than Amari Cooper I can think of No one else... If Dallas wants to keep Dak then not sure if they can afford Cooper.
I'm probably wrong though lol.. But, as was stated... "You heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend that the Cards been messin around lol.

Last edited:

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whether this ends up being true or not...you got me and it has been a fun thread. :)

I thought the same thing, TCF. :biglaugh: Not that I don’t trust Bucky, but even if this end up being nothing, at least we have had fun reading and guessing in this thread.

By the way, it is David Johnson and Hasson Reddick straight up for O.J. Howard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose