Rumor: Cards have made a trade

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Diggs is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Is 26. Will be under contract until he is 30. He would be the 17th highest paid WR for 2020 which is great value. Helps out our QB and fills a need.
I see him as a bit of a diva. I also think if the Vikings are in that much of a bind I wouldn’t trade #8. I might consider trading our 2nd round for him. That would free us up to draft an O- lineman or the top player available at #8.
The Vikings could take their 1st and our 2nd to move up. Let them worry about it. But like I mentioned , they are the team with a problem.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've seen so many of these "insider" reports flame out, that I actually have to hand it to people, who actually still have the balls and/or lack of common sense to throw em out there. :D

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see him as a bit of a diva. I also think if the Vikings are in that much of a bind I wouldn’t trade #8. I might consider trading our 2nd round for him. That would free us up to draft an O- lineman or the top player available at #8.
The Vikings could take their 1st and our 2nd to move up. Let them worry about it. But like I mentioned , they are the team with a problem.

The 8th pick for diggs would be too much.

Better deal to draft lamb, and get him cheap for the first 4 years.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fwiw:

Doug/Wolf were speculating on a David Johnson for Trent Williams trade this am

coincidence? likley

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Diggs? Talk about salary cap. So we trade a pick and add ??M to our cap. No

Diggs would only count $5.5 million to our cap this season--if I am doing the math right he would go up to $12 million in 2021 though. The Vikings would absorb $9 million in dead cap this year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Why on God's green earth would Carolina do this?

I've heard it speculated on a few shows...mainly because Cam is also up for sale...Also, they just gave up a younger and arguably better OL for Okung...It wouldn't be the craziest thing for them to trade Mac.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Why? Diggs is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Is 26. Will be under contract until he is 30. He would be the 17th highest paid WR for 2020 which is great value. Helps out our QB and fills a need.

I don’t get it especially when it’s coming from people who are campaigning for Lamb. I’d take Diggs and his $11 million salary over Lamb any day of the week. Ceedee might turn out to be a legitimate receiver but Diggs already is.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The 8th pick for diggs would be too much.

Better deal to draft lamb, and get him cheap for the first 4 years.

And hope that he becomes as good as Stephon Diggs? Or, you could spend a little more money and ensure that you have a guy who is exactly as good as Stephon Diggs.

Do you want to take full advantage of Murray's rookie deal, or no?

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Slanidrac, I believe Chopper’s idea was to trade them #8, but get their first rounder (#25) back along with Diggs. I think this is too little, but who knows with the crazy value draft picks has gotten the last couple of years.

By the way, speaking of the main topic, if it is possible to get Trent Williams for David Johnson I would do backflips.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slanidrac, I believe Chopper’s idea was to trade them #8, but get their first rounder (#25) back along with Diggs. I think this is too little, but who knows with the crazy value draft picks has gotten the last couple of years.

By the way, speaking of the main topic, if it is possible to get Trent Williams for David Johnson I would do backflips.
I understood Chopper. But if we are dealing with a team with a problem then we get what we can. We’d be taking 13m from their cap. They may take a 3rd round but let’s say we agree to a second. That really should be enough to get it done. They can trade their 1st and our 2nd to move up to get their lineman.
How many people here have said we’d never get a 1st round for PP21? Why would we give the Vikings the #8 pick and relieve them of 13m in a draft where there are so many good receivers?
I get it. But I don’t agree.

I’m not against the thought. Diggs would be cool but I think we could get more because THEY are the ones with the problem.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other teams have announced trades. Why wouldn’t we?

Reminds me of days past when someone stated, My girlfriend cousins best friend knows a neighbor that is dating a guy.....

That being said , hows this for a rumor. Patrick Peterson to the Browns for Odell Beckham?

Last edited:

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I've heard it speculated on a few shows...mainly because Cam is also up for sale...Also, they just gave up a younger and arguably better OL for Okung...It wouldn't be the craziest thing for them to trade Mac.

He's a top 3 running back. That would be foolhardy by Carolina to do that.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not Williams for Humphries - Williams for David Johnson - we can fit his salary if they would take David's.
Oh. Sorry if I misread they. Now that I could live with but buyer beware on Williams. He thinks he’s worth 20m . He has a checkered history of health problems. If it were for one year, cool.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw a mock where the Colts do a deal with the Cards to move up to #8 to draft Justin Herbert. It would not involve a Colt player. Cards would get Colts #1 (13) and a 2nd rounder ( #44 ) . Fingers crossed.

The Cardinals are able to swap a fourth-rounder for No. 44 by moving down five spots, where they can still land a premier talent at offensive tackle or on the other side of the ball. Here they snap up Kinlaw for the defensive line.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...t-aggressive-for-wrs-in-frenetic-first-round/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave