CeeDee

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lamb offers too many intangibles with his connection to Murray to not draft him at #8. There are other players I like too but the intangibles he offers are just too much for me to overlook

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve invested our future in Kyler. The most logical move is to supply him with weapons needed to utilize his talent.

There are many that believe we should go offensive line to aid Kyler’s journey. We currently have ( or will have) 10 to 12 o-linemen we will work through to assemble a decent line.

We do not have any weapon that strikes fear into the heart of our opponents. We so need that. Just having CD on the field will upgrade every skill spot on this offense. Kirk is now on the #2 cb. Fitz is now covered by a nickel. Defenses will have to game plan for CD.

It will probably not all come to fruition in CD’s first year. Not many WR’s blow up the nfl in year one. He will need time to develop and adjust to the nfl. But rest assured he will have his moments and there is no doubt he will have an effect on this entire offense.

We can And will analyze this right up to the moment we are at the podium. If I were a betting man I would bet CD is our guy.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Nobody questions Lamb's hands and body control. The Hopkins comparisons in that regard are real. But Lamb has vastly underrated athleticism. Not all of that can be measured since he's a playmaker on the field first and foremost. Yet he had an astounding 1.46 10 yard split that trails only track athlete Ruggs (1.43). Lamb ultimately ran a 4.5 flat which is a good time, but the burst as evidenced in his 10 yard split is what makes him so dangerous with the ball in his hands and when he sets up his routes. You can't let him turn with the ball in his hands or that burst will kill you. Guess what? KK's idea of playing offense is getting the ball in the WR's hands quickly so they can make a play. This and KM pushing for Lamb might seal the deal.

I won't lie that I prefer OL help. Was there ever a draft with 2 elite RT prospects? Give me Wills and Wirfs over any WR. Also WR is so deep this year that you can find a day 2 WR on day 3.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody questions Lamb's hands and body control. The Hopkins comparisons in that regard are real. But Lamb has vastly underrated athleticism. Not all of that can be measured since he's a playmaker on the field first and foremost. Yet he had an astounding 1.46 10 yard split that trails only track athlete Ruggs (1.43). Lamb ultimately ran a 4.5 flat which is a good time, but the burst as evidenced in his 10 yard split is what makes him so dangerous with the ball in his hands and when he sets up his routes. You can't let him turn with the ball in his hands or that burst will kill you. Guess what? KK's idea of playing offense is getting the ball in the WR's hands quickly so they can make a play. This and KM pushing for Lamb might seal the deal.

I won't lie that I prefer OL help. Was there ever a draft with 2 elite RT prospects? Give me Wills and Wirfs over any WR. Also WR is so deep this year that you can find a day 2 WR on day 3.
Wow. I did not catch his split time. That is insane.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lamb is legit. My only concern with a WR at #8 is that there seems to be legit 1st round talents that will be there at #40...and that is not the case in other areas like ILB, DL, or CB.

If we go WR at #8, it is very possible that the BPA at #40, and maybe the 3rd round too is another WR, which we won't double up on...so that means we end up taking the lesser player??

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CeeDee is in himself a great receiver, no question. Too much is being made though of the mystical connection between him and Kyler. The fact that they know each other from college days is not a reason to take someone in the top 10 overall. It's all about what/who will make the biggest possible positive impact on the team, regardless of position or who someone has seen in the locker room before. If you think that's CeeDee, awesome! Take him. If not, don't worry about the OU connection. Anyone would have a good connection with a Q who got him the ball a lot.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I’d be upset if we draft Ceedee if Simmons is there. Or even Brown.
Brown will probably make it to us unless the Panthers pick him right in front of us. He is a legit top 10 pick on tape but his combine numbers were poor. Even if you don't put much stock in the combine, his ability to rush the passer consistently has to be questioned.

Simmons on the other hand hand made himself some money and will be gone by our pick. He is a generational talent. I wouldn't trust Vance Joseph to maximize his ability, so I'm perfectly fine with Simmons going earlier. But man, with a creative DC Simmons will tear up the league.

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The biggest difference between Lamb/Juedy and all the rest of the WR's in a very deep class is that only those two at this point are "projected" as WR1's. I too see more glaring needs on this team, however the idea of adding a #1 WR to replace Larry long term (especially one with the ties to KM) sell me on the pick.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This is exactly why Lamb will be the pick and is a perfect fit for this offense.

All those short screen passes that get thrown to Larry for a 1-5 yard gain? Now they are going to an elite playmaker with top tier burst. That means more first downs, longer drives, more points, more touchdowns, and maybe most importantly, more time of possession to keep the defense off the field.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is exactly why Lamb will be the pick and is a perfect fit for this offense.

All those short screen passes that get thrown to Larry for a 1-5 yard gain? Now they are going to an elite playmaker with top tier burst. That means more first downs, longer drives, more points, more touchdowns, and maybe most importantly, more time of possession to keep the defense off the field.

If we had a decent O line we wouldn't be throwing all those 1-5 yard passes

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we had a decent O line we wouldn't be throwing all those 1-5 yard passes
while true, the KK air raid will never be the Arians slow developing deep bombs aka no risk it no biscuit.

even with a good Oline this offense will feature lots of 1-5 yard passes that can almost be thought of as an extension of the run game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am in favor of drafting lamb, but I feel like we can still draft him after trading down 5 spots or so, and if he is gone, then trade down again and still get good WR help.

Using the 8th pick on him does not seem to be good draft management to me at this point.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only time the fact that CeeDee played a season with Murray should be a factor is if you have two guys you rate exactly the same and one of them is Lamb.

And even then it should be a pebble in comparison to the mountain of other data.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Got to take Simmons if he is there. What convinced me was his 40 time when they super impose current NFL players against him. One thing he does is blow them off the mark outrageously, the guy has elite closing speed and is a true sideline to sideline. Derwin James was a comp but Simmons is a LB version with way more speed

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
CeeDee Lamb is the only player at the top of the draft that excites me enough to break what I think is the right way to go about building this roster. The guy looks like an elite talent to me, and I think his familiarity with the offense and Kyler would make him an immediate impact WR in the vein of a rookie Michael Thomas.

I still default to fixing RT, or adding Brown/Simmons, but get a twinkle in my eye when I think about Lamb. Any other WR drafted would be kinda ho-hum for me. Not bad, but nothing I'd be excited about until we took the field.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CeeDee Lamb is the only player at the top of the draft that excites me enough to break what I think is the right way to go about building this roster. The guy looks like an elite talent to me, and I think his familiarity with the offense and Kyler would make him an immediate impact WR in the vein of a rookie Michael Thomas.

I still default to fixing RT, or adding Brown/Simmons, but get a twinkle in my eye when I think about Lamb. Any other WR drafted would be kinda ho-hum for me. Not bad, but nothing I'd be excited about until we took the field.
I could have written this myself.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we get to #8 and Simmons, Brown, and Okudah are there...I think we would be making a mistake in taking Lamb over any of those 3.

What none of us are talking about is what it might take to get back up to get someone like Lamb. If you think he is an elite WR then its worth making a move. Could we deal PP21 in order to get back into the 1st? Could we give up next years 1st (hoping that we would be significantly better and would be trading a pick in the 20's?)

Trade #40 and PP21 to Tampa for #14 in order to snag Lamb.

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Lamb is an elite player and it pains me to say that as a Baylor grad. My wife is an OU grad and if we draft Lamb, she will want to watch the Cards with me even more.

I would certainly be happy with Lamb, but if there is a surprise among the top projected defensive players that drops, I go with that player all day. WR is so deep that we can still get an impact guy in round 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson