“I’d take Ruggs”

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
A lot for me is going to come down to combine testing because I have a tough time comparing speed on tape because of the discrepancy in talent between conferences.

Guys I am really interested in...

Denzel Mims
Bryan Edwards
Gabriel Davis
Isaiah Hodgins
Justin Jefferson
Van Jefferson
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Michael Pittman
Jalen Raegor
I think People-Jones is going to be a very good Wr in the Nfl.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Ruggs probably played outside more than Jeudy.
But not in the context of the NFL and the need for him to be a consistent number one on not only deep passes, you have a problem. Now if we did not have a slot guy, sure but that is not the objective... we need a bad ass who can secure the clutch balls in traffic when you need those seven yards

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But not in the context of the NFL and the need for him to be a consistent number one on not only deep passes, you have a problem. Now if we did not have a slot guy, sure but that is not the objective... we need a bad ass who can secure the clutch balls in traffic when you need those seven yards

We need a young one, we have one in Larry but he's not young anymore.

I still think we need someone who can actually get open, consistently, without needing a ton of scheme to do so, which is why I love Jeudy. I have no issue with Kliff's ability to scheme guys open he did it all year, but you can't do it consistently, its just not that easy to do even with a QB who can run. That's where a "always open" WR comes into play, sometimes you just need someone who can just flat out beat his man and get open, we don't really have that.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

I still think we need someone who can actually get open, consistently, without needing a ton of scheme to do so, which is why I love Jeudy. I have no issue with Kliff's ability to scheme guys open he did it all year, but you can't do it consistently, its just not that easy to do even with a QB who can run. That's where a "always open" WR comes into play, sometimes you just need someone who can just flat out beat his man and get open, we don't really have that.
Jeudy is my favorite too :raccoon:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Kirk is supposed to be that guy and the future at the slot position (or Isabella).

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sometimes these draft experts put these takes out just to be different. And WR is a good spot to put out a different take since it’s the deepest position in this draft...

The PT cruiser of takes if you will...

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i can see Ruggs being a faster, bigger and better version of Damiere Byrd. Presumably that means way more productive too.

is that worth a top 15 pick? dont know.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’d take Riggs over both Juedy and Lamb. I don’t see big time Star WR when I look at Juedy or Lamb I see two guys who are god but are kind of second tier guys at WR neither is a Fitz, Megatron, Julio or a Moss

but who’s going to be the biggest weapon and game breaker I’d say Ruggs
He's definitely faster. Let's see what he runs today at the combine? I read that he thinks he can do a 4.2 fourty.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i can see Ruggs being a faster, bigger and better version of Damiere Byrd. Presumably that means way more productive too.

is that worth a top 15 pick? dont know.
Faster & better yes but bigger? Ruggs is only 5'11". Listed at that height anyway. Byrd is that height right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ares-for-2020-nfl-draft-forgoes-senior-season

Christian Coleman is the world champion in the 100m dash.
He ran a 9.76 in 2019 at the World track and field championships last year.
In 2016 at the NCAA Div 1 Championships he ran a 10.23 placing second.

I think if Ruggs had stuck with it........ He could have easily competed at the Olympic trials. And with 3 to 4 more years under his belt (like Coleman) could be world class.

I'm not saying he's a Usain Bolt level freak....... Just that he has Olympic level speed. Very few can say that.
Eh, the difference in shaving .49 verses .82 is enormous at that level.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ruggs cant track the deep ball

Very hard pass. Its stuff like having the eye speed and processing to see the ball in flight and be able to track its trajectory

You need that with that sort of speed.

Tyreek Hill has that, Ruggs doesnt

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't want to take a WR in the first round. I have been touting a WR from my alma mater (Baylor), Denzel Mims, who I think we could get in the second round. Below is a blurb from the Baylor site I'm a member of :

After measuring in at 6-foot-2-inches and 207-pounds, Denzel Mims “wowed” those in attendance and watching live on television when he dropped some of the most impressive combine numbers for receivers at the event and ranked about the top 16 in every testing event. There are 55 wide receivers competing at the combine.

The most impressive number came in the 40-yard dash where Mims posted an official 4.38-second, best for third among receivers. Mims (6-2, 207) fell behind a 4.27 second time from Alabama’s Henry Ruggs’ (5-11, 188) and a 4.35-second time from Southern Mississippi’s Quez Walker (6-0, 188).

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
If we draft a WR not named Lamb in 1st rd we are not really watching the same game that guy competes for everything. I'm good going defense or oline just dont need to be to cute with the pick IMO

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
If we draft a WR not named Lamb in 1st rd we are not really watching the same game that guy competes for everything. I'm good going defense or oline just dont need to be to cute with the pick IMO

Or you could say we are being cute not selecting Jeudy if we go WR :)

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Is Ruggs faster than Isabella? I wouldn't get too enthralled about speed....it's like drafting a Qb with great arm strength.....and then try to make him an accurate passer.....sometimes it works, same with speed...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Ruggs faster than Isabella? I wouldn't get too enthralled about speed....it's like drafting a Qb with great arm strength.....and then try to make him an accurate passer.....sometimes it works, same with speed...

Ruggs is a 4.27 guy also in the football field? Yes, he is.
He has also much more lenght
2 inch taller, 10 hand size and 3 inches longer arms, and more important, he can use the hands to catch the football

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gotta give Isabella a shot though. We traded a first, third, and fifth for him, essentially.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose