Those touting Yatur-Matos he may fall like a rock (Penn State Hazing Scandal)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is Holy poo.

Go here for the graphic details.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/14/penn...aiah-humphries-jerry-sandusky-james-franklin/

Coaches knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Penn State admin knew !!!!!!!!!

Shut that program down.

If it weren't for TMZ none of this poo would be reported.

1:10 PM PT -- Penn State is now weighing in on the lawsuit, telling TMZ Sports ... claiming the University did its job by thoroughly investigating the allegations and taking appropriate action.

"The University has established processes in place for responding to claims of potential misconduct," a spokesperson said.

"In accordance with our processes, the Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response and the Office of Student Conduct carried out investigations of the plaintiff’s claims independent from Intercollegiate Athletics."

"In addition, Penn State police investigated related allegations and forwarded the results of that investigation to the Office of the Centre County District Attorney (DA)."

"The DA reviewed the case and decided that no charges would be pursued."

"The DA reviewed the case and decided that no charges would be pursued."

Did they ever find the D A who mysteriously disappeared during the Sandusky event? They found the laptop in the river , though. Nah. Nothing to see here.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big story broke yesterday of hazing at Penn State by upperclassmen, was called "violent hazing with sexual threats" including telling younger players they were going to "Sandusky you." One of the players named as being involved was Yatur-Matos.

He's not the primary suspect there's 2 other players, one Penn State suspended briefly the other the accuser said threatened to gun him down if he ever comes to my city.

No idea if true or not but if he doesn't have good answers for NFL people during interviews, Yatur-Matos is going to fall.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A potential first-round pick, I'm not sure where he gets picked after the allegations.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big story broke yesterday of hazing at Penn State by upperclassmen, was called "violent hazing with sexual threats" including telling younger players they were going to "Sandusky you." One of the players named as being involved was Yatur-Matos.

He's not the primary suspect there's 2 other players, one Penn State suspended briefly the other the accuser said threatened to gun him down if he ever comes to my city.

No idea if true or not but if he doesn't have good answers for NFL people during interviews, Yatur-Matos is going to fall.

The story has hit the papers here & Gross-Matos's name was mentioned as you stated. We'll have to wait to see how much validity there is to the entire story. His story is a sad, yet uplifting one. Dad drowned back when he was like 2-3 years old. His Mom & Stepdad both work in law enforcement. Strong family structure with him, so we'll have to wait and see what his actual involvement was. I know quite a few PSU alumni, so I'm trying to get more answers.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I saw something on ESPN ticker yesterday about James Franklin being sued by a former player now at CAL and one other player was named in lawsuit. Maybe its connected to this?

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another disgusting event in a series of events.

"The players named in the suit -- defensive tackle Barber, linebacker Micah Parsons, defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos and linebacker Jesse Luketa -- allegedly "orchestrated, participated in, directed and/or facilitated a campaign to harass and haze lower classmen members of the Penn State football team," the lawsuit claims. The four also specifically targeted Humphries "with a common purpose to haze, harass, assault and batter and retaliate" against him."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-football-player-suing-campaign-hazing/story?id=68278218

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw something on ESPN ticker yesterday about James Franklin being sued by a former player now at CAL and one other player was named in lawsuit. Maybe its connected to this?

Yes. According to the guy at Cal, Franklin told him I'll gun you down if you ever come to my town.

TMZ has a big story on it, if true it's pretty bad. Upper classmen pinning down young players on the floor, naked, and then sexually hazing them etc.

PSU did suspend the one guy Barber for one game but never explained why but it's clear that this was why, he and Franklin are the 2 primary guys named although again they named 2 others one of which is Yetur Gross-Matos.

I hope for his sake he's not involved like PA Cards fan said he has a really compelling back story, very tough childhood so it would be a horrible shame if he turns out to be involved.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of which is Yetur Gross-Matos.

I hope for his sake he's not involved like PA Cards fan said he has a really compelling back story, very tough childhood so it would be a horrible shame if he turns out to be involved.

No viable excuse for him or anyone regardless of "tough childhood". Victims are victims not acceptable collateral damage.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No viable excuse for him or anyone regardless of "tough childhood". Victims are victims not acceptable collateral damage.

Oh if he did this there's no excuse. I'm just saying it would be a crying shame for him to have fought through such a tough childhood and then done something as bad as this sounds.

As my dad would say he almost made it out in one piece.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Micah Parsons is the top prospect named in the suit, but he has one year left. That dude was a legend here at Harrisburg High.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Having read the allegations...I'm not taking him off my board at this point in time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lol Gaaaaaaaaaay

These dudes had some pent up gay thoughts. It sucks they can’t pursue their feeling in appropriate ways because society says active athletes can’t be openly gay. Not making excuses for them but it’s a bad situation all around.

How Penn St continues to stay in the news this way is mind boggling.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I doubt it impacts his draft status unless he’s convicted of a crime.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Read a lot of articles and people are defending the program and calling the kid who filed the lawsuit a liar. If I remember correctly there were a lot of people defending Sandusky at first too. Paterno for his part denied any knowledge of bad conduct by Sandusky. We all saw how that ended up. Wonder when the NCAA is going to step in and investigate?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn’t care less. Gross Matos is a quality kid and a hell of a player. I’d be proud to have him as a Cardinal.