Encouraging Kyler Murray Trends

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we are confused about our argument then. I thought you were still trying to argue that I was wrong in saying that Murray had the lowest passer rating (quarterback rating as I called it, which is still a valid alternate name). If you can accept I wasn't wrong there, and never meant to reference QBR, we're all good. It's super nitpicky to argue about the nomenclature when you know what I mean though, and it's completely called that by analysts and reputable stat websites alike. Also, I doubt the people creating the entire stat grid systems for these sites are merely dumb interns.

Edit: Rereading this I still came off as more of a dick than I meant to. Sorry we bickered so long about that. Definitely not worth it.
All good Solar - I'm a big fan of most of your posts, even though I don't agree with some of them. My original post was never intended toto contradict yours, just to point out that on QBR, Murray was ahead of Jones & Minshew, while noting that on passer rating, they were almost indistinguishable.

...dbs

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
All good Solar - I'm a big fan of most of your posts, even though I don't agree with some of them. My original post was never intended toto contradict yours, just to point out that on QBR, Murray was ahead of Jones & Minshew, while noting that on passer rating, they were almost indistinguishable.

...dbs
You're one of my favorite posters too!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You and I aren’t far off. I’m not so convinced the first round is the best spot to find a WR though. I’d love to add someone proven, rather than watching Jeudy or Lamb put up 500 yards and not adapt to the NFL yet.

It's a gamble really. Do you gamble on the guy who has 1) Already succeeded against top talent 2) Has the traits to succeed against NFL defenses. OR do you go for a bigger doubt?

The Cardinals probably should take a defender in round 1 since the defense needs an infusion of young talent. I think it all depends on what they do in free agency.

The Cardinals are in a weird spot on the OL having few spots to bring in young guys. If they are looking at win now, bringing in a young OG is a no go, and if they bring in a mid level vet, a young RT likely wouldnt beat him out either.

C is ripe for an upgrade, but Shipley, Gaillard, and Cole could all man the pivot. The OL wasnt that bad last year, the Cardinals had one of their better rushing years in a long time.

Reactions: TJ

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's a gamble really. Do you gamble on the guy who has 1) Already succeeded against top talent 2) Has the traits to succeed against NFL defenses. OR do you go for a bigger doubt?

The Cardinals probably should take a defender in round 1 since the defense needs an infusion of young talent. I think it all depends on what they do in free agency.

The Cardinals are in a weird spot on the OL having few spots to bring in young guys. If they are looking at win now, bringing in a young OG is a no go, and if they bring in a mid level vet, a young RT likely wouldnt beat him out either.

C is ripe for an upgrade, but Shipley, Gaillard, and Cole could all man the pivot. The OL wasnt that bad last year, the Cardinals had one of their better rushing years in a long time.
Well, where we stand today, the OL has plenty of room. If we re-sign Humphries, Shipley, and Murray/Gilbert, we won't. But those guys don't have to come back. I also don't feel like "the OL wasn't that bad last year" is just as viable as "the OL held it together respectably but we can't rely on it."

Going defensive is all well and good with me. With a night before the Championship, Simmons stands out as a great pick. But we'll need to see how things go throughout the process.

Is taking one of those WRs going to really revamp this offense, make an immediate impact, and save jobs? I just don't feel it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, where we stand today, the OL has plenty of room. If we re-sign Humphries, Shipley, and Murray/Gilbert, we won't. But those guys don't have to come back. I also don't feel like "the OL wasn't that bad last year" is just as viable as "the OL held it together respectably but we can't rely on it."

Going defensive is all well and good with me. With a night before the Championship, Simmons stands out as a great pick. But we'll need to see how things go throughout the process.

Is taking one of those WRs going to really revamp this offense, make an immediate impact, and save jobs? I just don't feel it.

I think the argument is that the young offensive players are likely to take at least an incremental jump forward, and that would especially be true if you add a steady RT. I mentioned in another thread that Zach Banner might be a good guy to target. Add him and resign Murray.

Sign Vernon Butler and Jordan Jenkins, and the front seven gets markedly better.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think the argument is that the young offensive players are likely to take at least an incremental jump forward, and that would especially be true if you add a steady RT. I mentioned in another thread that Zach Banner might be a good guy to target. Add him and resign Murray.

Sign Vernon Butler and Jordan Jenkins, and the front seven gets markedly better.
I'm all for re-signing Murray to a decent RFA tender. Banner's an interesting name too. I'm not sure if you mean the young guys on the OL, but either way.

I'd be cool with your additions to the front seven.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm all for re-signing Murray to a decent RFA tender. Banner's an interesting name too. I'm not sure if you mean the young guys on the OL, but either way.

I'd be cool with your additions to the front seven.

Young guys in general.

Kirk, Isabella, Butler, even Edmonds. Humphries should also continue to improve a bit as well.

I know this is a tough pill to swallow, but the Cardinals should resign Drake for a decent contract, and if they can, move on from DJ. Even if that requires attaching a day three pick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Young guys in general.

Kirk, Isabella, Butler, even Edmonds. Humphries should also continue to improve a bit as well.

I know this is a tough pill to swallow, but the Cardinals should resign Drake for a decent contract, and if they can, move on from DJ. Even if that requires attaching a day three pick.
You and I disagree on Drake. But I sure hope so on the rest!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jackson and Mahomes charts are ridiculous.

And Dak's. I'm skeptical of "analytics" that put true quantitative stats like "Yards per Catch" alongside "Sack avoidance" and "Interception avoidance", which seems like there's built-in analysis there that is pretty opaque.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And Dak's. I'm skeptical of "analytics" that put true quantitative stats like "Yards per Catch" alongside "Sack avoidance" and "Interception avoidance", which seems like there's built-in analysis there that is pretty opaque.
True. But there are always going to be certain elements in judging players that just can’t be accurately captured by pure numbers. That’s why I take all stats with a grain of salt. For instance a QB may have a great completion percentage but might routinely miss the optimal wr option on each given play. You only know that by watching plays develop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose