OT: Time to fire up the coaching/ F O hot seat

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falcons announced Danny Quinn and Tommy Dimitrof are being retained. :shrug:

How do Cowboys bring back Garrett?

Freddie K. cannot be retained in Browntown.

Pat Shurmur in NY . Victim of circumstances?

Doug Marrone is hanging in the balance after Coughlin was dumped. Kahn is pissed.

Anthony Lynn may be a good coach who will be thrown under the bus by ownership. They can't move into the new L A stadium and be the red headed step child.

Jay Gruden and Ronnie Rivera allready gone.

The next question is who are the replacement candidates? Crapload waiting in the wings. Gotta believe Kingsbury opened the door for a few college coaches.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Lincoln Riley and a bunch of college about to leak out their “interest” to the media for some of these openings to leverage a raise from their current employer

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Fired:
Redskins
Panthers

Should be fired:
Cowboys
Giants
Jaguars

Potential surprise moves (there always seems to be at least 1):
Adam Gase
Brian Flores
Anthony Lynn
Freddie Kitchens
Matt Patricia (got the vote of confidence but probably should be fired for regression)

Dallas is going to want Lincoln Riley but may settle for Bob Stoops. :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fired:
Redskins
Panthers

Should be fired:
Cowboys
Giants
Jaguars

Potential surprise moves (there always seems to be at least 1):
Adam Gase
Brian Flores
Anthony Lynn
Freddie Kitchens
Matt Patricia (got the vote of confidence but probably should be fired for regression)

Dallas is going to want Lincoln Riley but may settle for Bob Stoops. :)
Think you’re wrong on Shurmur. New qb that has looked pretty good and a roster that was stripped to rebuild.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It will be interesting that is sure. Ron Rivera would be a really smart hire for the Jags if they wanted to recycle. Same argument could be made for the Redskins hiring him. He is a stabilizer which both of those franchises need.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be interesting that is sure. Ron Rivera would be a really smart hire for the Jags if they wanted to recycle. Same argument could be made for the Redskins hiring him. He is a stabilizer which both of those franchises need.
I recently believed that Sean McDermott was the real genius behind those Carolina teams that lean on good defenses as their mantra than Rivera.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think only Garrett, Kitchens, and Marrone will get canned. If the Cowboys were to somehow make the playoffs, I still think Garrett gets canned, unless of course, he wins a playoff game. I think everyone else gets another year.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think only Garrett, Kitchens, and Marrone will get canned. If the Cowboys were to somehow make the playoffs, I still think Garrett gets canned, unless of course, he wins a playoff game. I think everyone else gets another year.
After last years record # of moves, this year may be a settling down one. The college name that keeps popping up is Matt Ruhle from Baylor / Temple fame. He has NFL coaching background.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dallas should go all in on Lincoln Riley. He could get the most out of Dak, or if Dak won't resign then they could draft Jaylon Hurts.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
12/28/19, 10:56 AM
Statement from Jim Woodcock, #Jaguars owner Shad Khan’s spokesman: "Reports that Doug Marrone will be dismissed after Sunday’s game are 100 percent incorrect. Owner Shad Khan will meet with his football staff, which includes coaching and personnel, midweek next week.”

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Dallas should go all in on Lincoln Riley. He could get the most out of Dak, or if Dak won't resign then they could draft Jaylon Hurts.

Lincoln Riley shouldn’t leave OU unless he’s getting full control of an organization and bringing in his own guys. He’s got Spencer Rattler waiting in the wings with a year in the system.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carolina Panthers: Northwestern’s Pat Fizgerald turned down an opportunity to interview for the Panthers open head coaching job, per a report from Jason La Canfora.

and

Washington Redskins: Former Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis is a serious candidate to fill the Redskins opening, Alex Marvez and other outlets are reporting. Lewis has spent this past season on the staff at Arizona State with close friend Herm Edwards.

and

You must be registered for see images attach

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Statement from Jim Woodcock, #Jaguars owner Shad Khan’s spokesman: "Reports that Doug Marrone will be dismissed after Sunday’s game are 100 percent incorrect. Owner Shad Khan will meet with his football staff, which includes coaching and personnel, midweek next week.”

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lincoln Riley needs to be paired with a really good defensive coordinator. So in effect you need to hire two head coaches.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
While Keim should be fired tomorrow, at least we’re not doing this with our HC

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would you rather work for, Snyder or Kahn?? Yikes!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave