TDN - How to fix the Arizona Cardinals in the 2020 Offseason

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
btw: i really like their prospect ranking and write ups. For many prospects -- they have takes from multiple evaluators

I also like the part of the plan for the Cards where they say "draft good players"

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sums it up pretty well but disagree on the outcome. You have to franchise DJ.

One to let go: DJ Humphries

A first-round pick in 2015, DJ Humprhies has finally been able to stay healthy and produce a decent season. He’s just 25 years old and has an exciting physical skill set that suggests he can continue ascending. Humphries is going to command a sizable contract and someone is going to pay it — that team shouldn’t be the Cardinals. If nothing else, Humphries has not proven to be reliable and committing a considerable amount of cap space to an unreliable left tackle isn’t smart. Let someone else take that risk; there have been enough chances taken with this Cardinals franchise.

I like the Suh signing but at this point in his career, I would imagine he would prioritize a chance to win a SB over a rebuild in the desert.

It's hard to argue with firing VJ. We simply can't change from a 3-4 though IMO.

Peat isn't an upgrade over Sweezy or Pugh.

Robby Anderson is going to get Tyrell Williams money or more at 11m/year. I don't think he is the #1 WR we are needing but would be a solid #2 (if Larry wasn't here).

Zane - I think he is a RFA. I would make him do it again and then sign him LT. Tough to pay a guy 4m/year for 1 year of production. His issues are between the ears..just like most kickers. Let's make sure he is past it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jedrick Wills at 6 would upset me. Especially with Wirfs out there.

Their mock draft is a bit unrealistic IMO.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Willis easily has the higher floor.
I respectfully disagree. Especially at OT.

Wirfs athleticism is Lane Johnson esque for me.

Personally though..... I am not top ten draft pick worthy on any OT except for Thomas and maybe Jackson.

Wirfs, Willis, & Becton are 10 to 15 level IMO

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Willis being better than Wirfs is arguable.

I like Wills better than Wirfs. I think Wills is stronger and has better feet/technique.

I wouldn't take either one in the top 10 as RT's (which they are IMO).

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I like Wills better than Wirfs. I think Wills is stronger and has better feet/technique.

I wouldn't take either one in the top 10 as RT's (which they are IMO).

I will take it one step further...

I like Mekhi Becton better than Wirfs.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love TDN, guys who think like me. Only thing I differ in opinion is I would take Wirfs over Wills because Wirfs has more potential as a LT.

Totally agree with them on Humphries. If you sign him to $12M+ a year and he regresses or turns back into glass then that contract is debilitating. Drafting Wirfs allow you to in my opinion at minimum adequately replace Humphries at a fraction of the cost. ARZ could transition tag Humphries to see what market is for him but I don't pay more than $10M a year for him to play RT.

I love Larry and most of the local sports guys who I agree with say he needs to take a pay cut. He is not going to get $11M from anywhere else, I think he would take $7M as he knows the team needs as much cap space as possible to fill needs. He is a team first guy and I don't even think it would bother him, if anything it may aid in his decision to retire which at least he will do as a Cardinal.

If we can get Weaver in 2nd round we also save money not going after a veteran pass rusher. So with first 2 picks in TDN's scenario we get our LT and pass rusher and still have the remainder of the draft to build out lines and grab another impact WR.

I like their 3 FA additions, would add Corey Littleton to that list as ILB is a high need. Their draft for most part fills holes, if Harrison Bryant is there in Round 7 then I snap him up, can't see Mackey Award winner lasting that long.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Only thing I differ in opinion is I would take Wirfs over Wills because Wirfs has more potential as a LT.

ARZ could transition tag Humphries to see what market is for him but I don't pay more than $10M a year for him to play RT.

So, you want to move a college RT to LT and take our LT, pay him under market, and move him to RT?

If Wirfs is a legit NFL LT...why was he playing RT at Iowa?

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like this plan
In one way or another considering pugh contract we don't pay another guard in the free agency

Mills is not a top ten pick plus I still be aware of Alabama lineman, maybe Leatherwood if he drops

Weaver has like 1 sack in his last 6 games, looks like they figured how to make him ineffective, not against good teams too

Suh would be a solid addition in order to stop the run and bring some nastiness

If Calais become available after being cut for salary reason and adding Suh, I would be extremely happy

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like this plan
In one way or another considering pugh contract we don't pay another guard in the free agency

Mills is not a top ten pick plus I still be aware of Alabama lineman, maybe Leatherwood if he drops

Weaver has like 1 sack in his last 6 games, looks like they figured how to make him ineffective, not against good teams too

Suh would be a solid addition in order to stop the run and bring some nastiness

If Calais become available after being cut for salary reason and adding Suh, I would be extremely happy
Willis is absolutely a top 10 pick. How is he not?

Weaver stopped producing around the same time he suffered a knee injury. Makes sense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Willis is absolutely a top 10 pick. How is he not?

Weaver stopped producing around the same time he suffered a knee injury. Makes sense.
Actually just few analyst put him in the top 10
Then I'm skeptical, cause traditionally Alabama lineman are basically underachiever in the nfl

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Becton feels like one of those guys who will either be awesome, or, a disaster. Gigantic guy

Trey Adams would be an interesting RT prospect as well if you could get him in round 3 or later.

He could use a year to get stronger and maybe healthier but then you might have something.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually just few analyst put him in the top 10
Then I'm skeptical, cause traditionally Alabama lineman are basically underachiever in the nfl
Brother, you gotta tell me why you think so & stop using others as a handicap. You did it to Byron Murphy with PFF & now you’re doing it with Willis instead of just telling me why you don’t think he’s a top 10 pick. What are his strengths? Weaknesses? Etc.

Reactions: HGC

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard