Kyler Murray is a Rookie

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the lack of accountability no one has hung on Klingsbury. He was supposed to be the offensive genius who was going to set the NFL on fire with his Air Raid offense. He was also supposed to take Murray under his wings and create a monster at QB who would transcend the position. The perfect QB to execute his offense. The fact is his offense has been nothing special and he hasn't seem to have done anything to make Murray a better QB. Murray is still making the same mistakes he has all year and there has been no indication that he is learning to avoid them.
A play call is a play call. What makes it work is the execution. The offense has been better. The execution has been very up and down. I admittedly put a lot of this on Murray. An offense doesn't just get hot and then get hold on it's own.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the lack of accountability no one has hung on Klingsbury. He was supposed to be the offensive genius who was going to set the NFL on fire with his Air Raid offense. He was also supposed to take Murray under his wings and create a monster at QB who would transcend the position. The perfect QB to execute his offense. The fact is his offense has been nothing special and he hasn't seem to have done anything to make Murray a better QB. Murray is still making the same mistakes he has all year and there has been no indication that he is learning to avoid them.

If anyone believed that it’s on them.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A journeyman in Ryan Fitzpatrick got that same roster to 3 wins in which the consensus painted that Dolphins team as one of the worst teams of all time heading into the season. If Rosen is this super highly touted prospect that people swear to God he is, he would’ve showed something. Outside of the first half against the Cowboys this year, he has showed nothing. Nothing. He wouldn’t have gotten benched otherwise.

I’m starting to think people like Rosen more than they should cause of his off the field personality because it doesn’t make a lot sense with his play on the field the past two years.

I don't think too many like Rosen that much, and I don't think any like Rosen better than Murray for even money. I think where it gets iffy is that we have up a #1 for KM, plus Rosen cap, and haven't seen it translate to wins. We could have kept Rosen and gone in a different direction and been no worse for wear.

The KK/KM experiment is decent at times and terrible at times, but rarely better than decent. If it's the roster then blame Keim, I'm fine with that. I can't be an optimist with a 3 win season just because we showed a bit more gusto on offense.

In all reality if Keim had done his job we would have never been in a situation to want to draft KM or Rosen. Our QBOTF should have been backing up Palmer in his last year or two knowing he would be getting reps when Palmer gets hurt.

Garbage planning and drafting has culminated in a protocol of throwing crap at the wall until something sticks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well the better the competition the more our lack of talent becomes evident. Our offensive line has been chewed up by good defensive fronts the last 2 games. He actually did play a good game against SF 3 weeks ago as well, but our defense couldn't get a stop. It's really just the last 2 weeks that the teams has struggles and both teams have good D-Lines.

So are we more or less talented over the last two weeks than when we hung tough with San Francisco? Makes no sense.

Kingsbury can’t make Kyler not run around and then take a seat when the heat it on. Coach K seems to hold himself accountable for all the bad decisions and shares credit for the good ones.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
KM’s pocket presence is what’s going to prevent him from being a good QB. He’s insanely bad at stepping up into the pocket when the edge gets anywhere near him. His first instinct is to run outside and let a gust of wind bring him down, which is a losing formula at this level. He causes at least half of his own sacks by playing scared in the pocket.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
KM’s pocket presence is what’s going to prevent him from being a good QB. He’s insanely bad at stepping up into the pocket when the edge gets anywhere near him. His first instinct is to run outside and let a gust of wind bring him down, which is a losing formula at this level. He causes at least half of his own sacks by playing scared in the pocket.
True but he’s been running for his life basically for 2 straight games now. Is it a coincidence mistakes, turnovers & production having taken a hit & gotten worse with the poor play of the Oline? They’ve played their worst 2 games of the season the last 2 weeks. The caliber of defense has gone up as well.

Kyler has work to do, but so does the HC, GM as well as his teammates. I truly believe #1 is pressing now to make plays trying to win 1 game to end this losing streak.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think too many like Rosen that much, and I don't think any like Rosen better than Murray for even money. I think where it gets iffy is that we have up a #1 for KM, plus Rosen cap, and haven't seen it translate to wins. We could have kept Rosen and gone in a different direction and been no worse for wear.

The KK/KM experiment is decent at times and terrible at times, but rarely better than decent. If it's the roster then blame Keim, I'm fine with that. I can't be an optimist with a 3 win season just because we showed a bit more gusto on offense.

In all reality if Keim had done his job we would have never been in a situation to want to draft KM or Rosen. Our QBOTF should have been backing up Palmer in his last year or two knowing he would be getting reps when Palmer gets hurt.

Garbage planning and drafting has culminated in a protocol of throwing crap at the wall until something sticks.

A+ post

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
True but he’s been running for his life basically for 2 straight games now. Is it a coincidence mistakes, turnovers & production having taken a hit & gotten worse with the poor play of the Oline? They’ve played their worst 2 games of the season the last 2 weeks. The caliber of defense has gone up as well.

Kyler has work to do, but so does the HC, GM as well as his teammates. I truly believe #1 is pressing now to make plays trying to win 1 game to end this losing streak.

I don’t think the OL was bad again this week. Usually the announcers will say something like, “Murray doesn’t stand a chance out there.” Nothing like that came up. Murray was just extremely indecisive in the pocket.

I thought he’d be a guy who could recognize when the pass play wasn’t there and run, and then develop pocket awareness down the line. Instead he looks afraid to run or pass.

He literally tripped over his own feet today. That’s not on AQ Shipley.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It seems when he is running for his life though it is more often the edge rusher because he drops back so far, not because of pressure up the middle. He does not like stepping up in the pocket and if you don't do that how can he get protection? I think this is where his size does him a disservice for two reasons. The first is he is allergic to any kind of contact. I wouldn't want to be hit either, but that comes with the territory when you are a QB. The second is I think his vision isn't great when he steps up.

I agree with the second part.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So are we more or less talented over the last two weeks than when we hung tough with San Francisco? Makes no sense.

Kingsbury can’t make Kyler not run around and then take a seat when the heat it on. Coach K seems to hold himself accountable for all the bad decisions and shares credit for the good ones.
We either just match up better with SF than we do with the last two teams or we game-planned better for SF.

At least for the Rams game they came out completely flat with no energy and that has a lot to do with why they weren't at all competitive.

Bottom line is that it is harder to put up numbers against a good defense as good defenses usually do a good job at taking away what you do best.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm happy I took a nap during the meat of this thread instead of posting.

What I'll say is that I take no pride in our QB's poor play recently. Watching us lose is no fun. But I'm happy to laugh at those whose best argument at the moment is "but Rosen and Haskins suck too!"

It was no fun to get ripped on and blocked by people for the past few months for calling my shot on how I felt this team looked, and at the moment, all we have to lean on is hope for a turnaround in both coaching and play on the field.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What I'll say is that I take no pride in our QB's poor play recently. Watching us lose is no fun. But I'm happy to laugh at those whose best argument at the moment is "but Rosen and Haskins suck too!"

It was no fun to get ripped on and blocked by people for the past few months for calling my shot on how I felt this team looked, and at the moment, all we have to lean on is hope for a turnaround in both coaching and play on the field.
You're a cards fan and struggle with getting ripped on?! ;)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You're a cards fan and struggle with getting ripped on?! ;)
Haha, I'm used to getting ripped on for this team. It sucked getting ripped on by posters I respected and liked though. Three games left in a rough season and I hope we can get over whatever this rift is on the board.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I mean, you were making some questionable threads/posts.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha, I'm used to getting ripped on for this team. It sucked getting ripped on by posters I respected and liked though. Three games left in a rough season and I hope we can get over whatever this rift is on the board.
Appreciate your dissenters my friend. We all have the same objective.. our differing opinions keep the train moving in the right direction imo.
:cheers:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I mean, you were making some questionable threads/posts.
Like what? Believing that KM isn't the second coming? That we are a bad overall team? That the team's direction was poor?

Everyone got mad at me and called me a troll for calling it like I saw it. Three games left, and we look awful.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like what? Believing that KM isn't the second coming? That we are a bad overall team? That the team's direction was poor?

Everyone got mad at me and called me a troll for calling it like I saw it. Three games left, and we look awful.
That Jalen Hurts thread was & still is pretty damn stupid.

Man, pretty much everyone on this site knew this team wasn’t reaching .500. You’re not alone. At all. You’re not alone questioning Keim & the talent he has brought to the team the past couple of years. No clue why you want to take glory in it so much.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That Jalen Hurts thread was & still is pretty damn stupid.

Man, pretty much everyone on this site knew this team wasn’t reaching .500. You’re not alone. At all. You’re not alone questioning Keim & the talent he has brought to the team the past couple of years. No clue why you want to take glory in it so much.
I'm not sure how it's stupid to ask if the performance of Jalen Hurts, like Baker Mayfield, is an indicator that Lincoln Riley can turn decent players into superstars because he's that good of a coach. This will be guy #3 that was passed over on a different team that he has made look amazing.

You think I want to take glory in any of this, like I want to sit around on Sunday and have to watch my favorite team suck, and I'm not sure why. I just want to talk about my team and the solutions to the problems that are readily apparent, and it rubbed some the wrong way that I wasn't calling this guy the surefire solution to our problem. You can pretend all you want that everyone held back their opinions and were waiting to see how Kyler did, but all offseason multiple posters got roasted for even bothering to question his greatness.

Here we are 13 games later, with a bad roster and next to no hope.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A few weeks ago some of these people were starting to say, yeah Murray is a franchise QB.
A few weeks ago he was a bright spot on the roster. Now he isn't anything special, not even in my fantasy football leagues. He wasn't the problem most of the season, and now he's starting to be a part of the problem. It is what it is. I hope he steps it up again in the last three games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort