Kyler Murray is a Rookie

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why compare this year's team's last 3 games to last year's team's average for the entire 16 games? The last 3 games have been against very strong defenses...San Francisco, L.A. Rams, and Pittsburg. For the year this year's team was averaging 332 yards per game compared to last year's average of 242 yards. This would be the more accurate compariston.
It is a trend. Trends tell you which way you are heading.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What does Haskins have to do with Murray?

Murray was the #1 pick in the draft.
So you can take shots at Murray repeatedly & nobody can say anything negative about Haskins just because of where they were drafted? Lol

Come on Jim you’re better than that brotha. And you know I mean zero disrespect to ya.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Honestly: what are the ups? A quarter here and there?
He has had about 5 good performances this year (Cin, Atl, SFx2 and TB). The other 8 games were kind of scattered between bad to average (his overall performance against Detroit I would say was decent).

He has yet to have a completely terrible game (such as 4+ turnovers or anything quite like that), but has had a few legit bad performances including this game today. Though today's game was probably one really bad decision to throw away from at least being a decent game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since you Murray fanboys constantly tell everyone how great Murray is and is going to be then taking a little grief when he plays like **** is only fair.:shrug:
I'm going around telling everyone how great he is!? When you find said post, please advise. With that said, I have been critical of him plenty this year... I wouldn't necessarily say that just because I support him, I can't make a discernment between good and bad play. But, I do believe, as has been said numerous times from many on this board over the season, that he has a great potential to take this team to higher levels.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m betting we could find many similar posts like this last year when it came to Josh Rosen.
That’s not a knock on you but people on here defend Murray like he’s their kid and he can do no wrong.

Yep.

The difference is that Murray has actually shown some real upside this year and Rosen really didn't.

As to people vehemently defending Murray, I would guess you would see a lot less of it if there weren't so many on the complete opposite side of the spectrum that treat him like the red head stepchild that they never wanted.

Bzz, sorry, but your wording here really kills your argument. Rosen showed upside with a pair of 4th-quarter comeback wins. That's tangible "put the team on his shoulders" end of the game 2-minute heroics.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It is a trend. Trends tell you which way you are heading.

Well it is a very skewed trend because it is not adjusting for level of competition and the defenses in our last 3 games are all very good.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep.

Bzz, sorry, but your wording here really kills your argument. Rosen showed upside with a pair of 4th-quarter comeback wins. That's tangible "put the team on his shoulders" end of the game 2-minute heroics.
But if he still had that “upside”, he would be starting in Miami right now.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yep.

And yet his overall performance for the season was abysmal. Putting the team on your back on a couple of occasions (which Murray has done a couple times as well) is no where near enough to off set the overall poor performance that he had for the season.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well it is a very skewed trend because it is not adjusting for level of competition and the defenses in our last 3 games are all very good.
Murray needs to raise his game too with level of competition. That did not happen right?

Stout

Reaction score
And yet his overall performance for the season was abysmal. Putting the team on your back on a couple of occasions (which Murray has done a couple times as well) is no where near enough to off set the overall poor performance that he had for the season.

Put KM on that team and he'd have been as bad or worse. This holds no water.

But if he still had that “upside”, he would be starting in Miami right now.

You're going to blame him for not starting in that dumpster fire? The kid hasn't had a fair shake yet.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Murray needs to raise his game too with level of competition. That did not happen right?

Well the better the competition the more our lack of talent becomes evident. Our offensive line has been chewed up by good defensive fronts the last 2 games. He actually did play a good game against SF 3 weeks ago as well, but our defense couldn't get a stop. It's really just the last 2 weeks that the teams has struggles and both teams have good D-Lines.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

You're going to blame him for not starting in that dumpster fire? The kid hasn't had a fair shake yet.
KM would have absolutely played better than Rosen in that same situation, but of course if my opinion holds no water than neither does your belief that he would have been just as bad.

As for Miami, they have actually been pretty competitive with Fitz starting instead of Rosen and that is not a good look for Rosen.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A journeyman in Ryan Fitzpatrick got that same roster to 3 wins in which the consensus painted that Dolphins team as one of the worst teams of all time heading into the season. If Rosen is this super highly touted prospect that people swear to God he is, he would’ve showed something. Outside of the first half against the Cowboys this year, he has showed nothing. Nothing. He wouldn’t have gotten benched otherwise.

I’m starting to think people like Rosen more than they should cause of his off the field personality because it doesn’t make a lot sense with his play on the field the past two years.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well the better the competition the more our lack of talent becomes evident. Our offensive line has been chewed up by good defensive fronts the last 2 games. He actually did play a good game against SF 3 weeks ago as well, but our defense couldn't get a stop. It's really just the last 2 weeks that the teams has struggles and both teams have good D-Lines.
Everyone on Cardinals suck a little more except Murray when playing a better team is your argument?

Stout

Reaction score
KM would have absolutely played better than Rosen in that same situation, but of course if my opinion holds no water than neither does your belief that he would have been just as bad.

As for Miami, they have actually been pretty competitive with Fitz starting instead of Rosen and that is not a good look for Rosen.

Oh? Fitz did great leading the team out of the gate this season?

I'm glad you added the "but of course" there, because yeah, no. KM panics in the face of THIS pressure? Takes bad sacks and can't throw the ball away? Last year's leaky OL was so much worse.

All I'm saying is the "Rosen sucked" brigade should have the anointed KM actually exceed Rosen's paltry accomplishments before said anointing.

This isn't a Rosen v KM thing. This is me realizing how little KM has done to earn any plaudits as a savior of the franchise.

Stout

Reaction score
A journeyman in Ryan Fitzpatrick got that same roster to 3 wins in which the consensus painted that Dolphins team as one of the worst teams of all time heading into the season. If Rosen is this super highly touted prospect that people swear to God he is, he would’ve showed something. Outside of the first half against the Cowboys this year, he has showed nothing. Nothing. He wouldn’t have gotten benched otherwise.

I’m starting to think people like Rosen more than they should cause of his off the field personality because it doesn’t make a lot sense with his play on the field the past two years.

Again, Fitz was garbage early in the season, as was Rosen. The whole team played better recently. I'm not painting Rosen as a main reason why they suck. Just like I'm not anointing him a great QB. Just putting things into perspective.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Everyone on Cardinals suck a little more except Murray when playing a better team is your argument?

Not sure where you drew that conclusion. Everyone is worse against better competition to include Murray, but part of that is the fact that Murray has less time to throw and receivers are generally less open against good defenses. That's why they are good defenses.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the lack of accountability no one has hung on Klingsbury. He was supposed to be the offensive genius who was going to set the NFL on fire with his Air Raid offense. He was also supposed to take Murray under his wings and create a monster at QB who would transcend the position. The perfect QB to execute his offense. The fact is his offense has been nothing special and he hasn't seem to have done anything to make Murray a better QB. Murray is still making the same mistakes he has all year and there has been no indication that he is learning to avoid them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen