CeeDee Lamb ...

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good thing the Lions didn’t say no to drafting Calvin Johnson after tabbing Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams in three consecutive drafts.

#justsaying

If there was a Quenton Nelson or Pouncey in this draft I’d be for it. In those case I hope we add veterans with our cap room and dynamic youth with our picks.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Good thing the Lions didn’t say no to drafting Calvin Johnson after tabbing Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams in three consecutive drafts.

#justsaying

If there was a Quenton Nelson or Pouncey in this draft I’d be for it. In those case I hope we add veterans with our cap room and dynamic youth with our picks.

Calvin Johnson played in only 2 playoff games in 9 years.

Either way, there is no Calvin Johnson-type WR in this draft. There probably wont ever be a WR like him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Build in the trenches. We’ve given up the most sacks in the NFL for the second straight year and our defense is trash.

now since I have a rookie QB I don’t want to waste time grooming young offensive lineman. I buy my offensive line and I draft defense

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve been pushing all year for either line help or an edge rusher. I’ve also said it’s a 2 year project to rebuild this team. However, I think Lamb is the exception worth restructuring your draft to take. I love players who critically assess their own performance then improve it. Lamb wanted more YAC and spent last off-season building strength. That’s a rare quality and in my book you grab it when you see it. He would dramatically improve the Cards’ passing game. With Fitz inevitably retiring soon, I see only Kirk as a sure thing WR on the current roster. Hopefully the Cards won’t be drafting this high in the next few years. When you have a chance to grab a certain impact player, you have to take them. It’s a great draft for O-linemen, so they can wait a round to grab one in round 2. They need help in FA, but I’m thinking it will take next year’s draft to finish the job anyway.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The offensive line talent in this draft is very low. Unless Jeudy or Young are available...... We have to place Thomas or Wirfs high on our board. There are very few other O Line choices worthy of starting in the nfl past the top 3 or 4 IMO

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, 3rd round would land a very good WR.

Hill from Ohio St. has great hands and an excellent route runner. He knows how to get open.

My dream draft

1 Derrick Brown
2 Devonta Smith/ Brandon Aiyuk
3 best offensive lineman on the board

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It depends on free agency
If we can sign a top free agent lineman, Corey littleton, bad dupree/Matt judon then we have the flexibility to take the best player available and certainly cee dee lamb is on the mix

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Trashcans. Dude sucks.
Okay, I'll bite and make your day.

You mean the guy who has 1 less win than Murray in less than half the starts playing a for coach that was fired, has an interim HC, and is in a complete mess of a situation? While Murray was put in a perfect situation with a coach running his high school offense that he's run for years and centered completely around him.

Let's wait and see how things play out. I'm betting you thought Baker Mayfield was the 2nd coming last year too. How's that working out?
I think it's funny how people are on Burrow's jock this year, are talking about him going #1 overall. Yet, he couldn't beat out Haskins at OSU and had to transfer to play.

A perfect example of how a lot of it is about situations.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Harry:

would you give your take on:

Jeudy vs Lamb vs Ruggs?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a good player but I hope the Cards don't take a WR in the first round. IMO we really need to fix the OL and DL and there are some very good ones in the top 10.
DT Derrick Brown Auburn and OT Tristan Wirfs Iowa would be far better choices. We just drafted 3 WRs, give them a chance to produce in their 2nd year. If you want a vet sign a free agent in the off season. But fix the lines.
Ditto.

Tho Lamb looked awful good.

Big days for players with #1 jersey numbers (which is to be expected). Even more awesome days for players with jersey #2's.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You mean the guy who has 1 less win than Murray in less than half the starts playing a for coach that was fired, has an interim HC, and is in a complete mess of a situation? While Murray was put in a perfect situation with a coach running his high school offense that he's run for years and centered completely around him.

Let's wait and see how things play out. I'm betting you thought Baker Mayfield was the 2nd coming last year too. How's that working out?
I think it's funny how people are on Burrow's jock this year, are talking about him going #1 overall. Yet, he couldn't beat out Haskins at OSU and had to transfer to play.

Lol, please. Lets not act like Haskins did anything of note to help get those wins. I watched both of his wins & that team won in spite of Haskins due to Guice & their defense.

It’s so weird how you wasn’t a big Bosa fan despite him actually being great at what he does & not having much flaws in college while defending Haskins & pathetic performances & great amount of flaws coming out of college.

Burrow obviously improved over what he was at Ohio State. Haskins wishes he was half as good as Burrow coming out.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Lol, please. Lets not act like Haskins did anything of note to help get those wins. I watched both of his wins & that team won in spite of Haskins due to Guice & their defense.

It’s so weird how you wasn’t a big Bosa fan despite him actually being great at what he does & not having much flaws in college while defending Haskins & pathetic performances & great amount of flaws coming out of college.

Burrow obviously improved over what he was at Ohio State. Haskins wishes he was half as good as Burrow coming out.
Well, you’re wrong again. I routinely said Bosa was the best player in the draft.
I said the Cards shouldn’t draft him if they were going to play him at OLB, like was thought, because he’s never played a down of OLB in his career.

Reaction score

Ask your scout friend if he would rather have Murray or Haskins & see what he says. I know the answer & I'm sure you do to.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One top defensive player is not going to turn this defense around. We are going to have to spend money on a couple of impact linebackers even if we have to overpay.

as I stated in another thread if we could sign two guys like Dupree and Littleton we would have the best linebacking corp in football.

Some will say we can’t commit what much money at one position. However, I for one am tired of seeing a defense ranked 30th in the league.

Do the above then we can draft Lamb.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on free agency
If we can sign a top free agent lineman, Corey littleton, bad dupree/Matt judon then we have the flexibility to take the best player available and certainly cee dee lamb is on the mix
EXCELLENT! We need to rebuild this D in FA. Can you imagine a lb corp of Jones, Hicks, Littleton and Dupree???

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Ask your scout friend if he would rather have Murray or Haskins & see what he says. I know the answer & I'm sure you do to.
Im guessing he’d say Minshew who has been better than both.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry:

would you give your take on:

Jeudy vs Lamb vs Ruggs?

Right now Jeudy is the better player by a little. A year from now I believe Lamb will grow past him. Lamb will adapt his game better to the NFL and be an impact player for a longer period of time. Ruggs has unreal speed but has cruised on his natural ability. Hard to say if he will push himself to be great. He certainly has that potential. Tough call on the first 2 with Ruggs well behind. Ruggs will spread the field best.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lamb missed a game with a concussion. That is a big red flag.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now Jeudy is the better player by a little. A year from now I believe Lamb will grow past him. Lamb will adapt his game better to the NFL and be an impact player for a longer period of time. Ruggs has unreal speed but has cruised on his natural ability. Hard to say if he will push himself to be great. He certainly has that potential. Tough call on the first 2 with Ruggs well behind. Ruggs will spread the field best.

Juedy drops way to many easy catches it’s pretty alarming but that was the knock on Julio to, but he’s not the athlete Julio was.

lamb concerns me cause of the offense he plays in its backyard football he’s not a great route runner. Guys who play in those offenses have trouble adapting its going to depend on his worth ethic and if he wants to be a complete WR

Ruggs? Flat out burner just line up outside and go long kid.

I pass on all of them and draft the best defensive player on the board and draft Devonta Smith or Aiyuk in round 2