R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2019)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The offense is middle of the league.

Many winning head coaches in this league do not call any plays.

.....with a rookie QB, a bottom ten offensive line, and no #1 WR.

Numbers mean nothing without the context. I thought you were an analytics guy?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
.....with a rookie QB, a bottom ten offensive line, and no #1 WR.

Numbers mean nothing without the context. I thought you were an analytics guy?
The context doesn't change much here. We spent 4 picks on receivers, so there is no excuse to not have a #1. We had no backup plans for our lost OL talent, and traded away our backup to a key acquisition.

I'm still not seeing how this is revolutionary. It's a middle of the pack offense with little talent. I just don't know how you want me or the rest of the league to react.

Kyler's pretty good though! The rest is meh.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Bumping again. Where are our moral victories today? Anyone want to tell me where the wins are coming the rest of the season?

I'm grumpy. I've never felt more hopeless about this team.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Bumping again. Where are our moral victories today? Anyone want to tell me where the wins are coming the rest of the season?

Cant take it personal anymore this season. Its over. Best we can hope for at this point is mounting losses that gets us a top draft pick and decision makers fired.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Cant take it personal anymore this season. Its over. Best we can hope for at this point is mounting losses that gets us a top draft pick and decision makers fired.

It’s not just this season this team isn’t turning around in a year or 2. We are at the same level as the dolphins and Redskins. The difference is the redskins schooled Kyle Allen while we made him look like an All Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Uh...last year?

2003?
2000?
Most of the 80's and 90's?
2002-2003, I was still pretty much a kid. It was easy for me to believe that Jason McAddley was somehow a #1 WR in terms of talent, because I was dumb. I remember jumping up and down in Chandler Fashion Square with my first girlfriend, watching us go 4-2. And then being on Fox, doing "the bird."

As an adult, I can look back and understand that there were significant barriers to being good in AZ, like where we played, an inability to spend, no true home to play in... tons.

Right now, we should have the financial ability to compete, and have done so. Last year SUCKED, but instead of making smart football moves, we hired a losing college football coach that had just been fired, drafted the shortest QB ever who had not played more than one full season, and prayed for it all to work. It hasn't. And the GM who did it all, we have to decide to fire, or leave this whole nonsense for another year, or hire someone who also thinks that was a good idea.

This team feels like it slid into a parallel parking spot and can't get out without doing damage to their car.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Time to get a new hobby? I have little kids now so it takes me away from caring as much about this team in the past. I have little motivation to emotionally invest into this crappy product.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Time to get a new hobby? I have little kids now so it takes me away from caring as much about this team in the past. I have little motivation to emotionally invest into this crappy product.
Awesome for you loving your kids so much, but it's unfair to tell me to get a new hobby on a message board that's basically built around having this as a hobby. If I had little kids, and they were more important to me, I'd post on child development forums. But I don't have them, and so I come here and talk about this team. I play in 7 fantasy football leagues. I won't ever have kids, but if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't come here to talk either.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hes the king of hyperbole.

Those early 2000s teams were BAAAAAD.

Whisenhunts last year was horrible.
All of those teams were tailor made to cut the GM and coach because they were clearly bad. This franchise is hopeless because we can't get rid of anyone and start with a clean slate for a very good chunk of time. We're awful. But invested in being awful.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Awesome for you loving your kids so much, but it's unfair to tell me to get a new hobby on a message board that's basically built around having this as a hobby. If I had little kids, and they were more important to me, I'd post on child development forums. But I don't have them, and so I come here and talk about this team. I play in 7 fantasy football leagues. I won't ever have kids, but if I did, I'm sure I wouldn't come here to talk either.

Sorry, not trying to tell you to have kids. I'm in despair with you, having kids helps soften the blow for me because my time is so limited now that I just care less about this team than in times of the past. This team has sucked for years and I don't see that changing unless Steve Keim is relieved of his duties which likely won't change until next year at the earliest.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sorry, not trying to tell you to have kids. I'm in despair with you, having kids helps soften the blow for me because my time is so limited now that I just care less about this team than in times of the past. This team has sucked for years and I don't see that changing unless Steve Keim is relieved of his duties which likely won't change until next year at the earliest.
You're good! I swear that I'm less passionate about this team than I was growing up. I used to be a mess for the whole week when we lost, no matter how good or bad I thought we were, because I always planned to win. I thought we could always do it, and I was the loudest guy in the stadium.

I got beaten down, and I've walked into the majority of the past two seasons just flatly expecting to lose. I've given up. Which is a bummer, but it's so much better than wanting to argue that we're a decent team. Just revamp the whole thing, please.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
You're good! I swear that I'm less passionate about this team than I was growing up. I used to be a mess for the whole week when we lost, no matter how good or bad I thought we were, because I always planned to win. I thought we could always do it, and I was the loudest guy in the stadium.

I got beaten down, and I've walked into the majority of the past two seasons just flatly expecting to lose. I've given up. Which is a bummer, but it's so much better than wanting to argue that we're a decent team. Just revamp the whole thing, please.

Yeah I kind of got into it with my brother in law about Arizona sports in general over Thanksgiving. Bless his heart he's still super optimistic about the teams, I've just been so beaten down in the past few years I've given up. I'm going to sound fair weather but I just don't have the time anymore to cheer for poopy products on the field and basketball court. Life is too short to put as much emotionally into these teams like I have years passed. Maybe I'm growing up and maturing or maybe I've just lost my passion, I have no idea. Anyways I'll quit rambling.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah I kind of got into it with my brother in law about Arizona sports in general over Thanksgiving. Bless his heart he's still super optimistic about the teams, I've just been so beaten down in the past few years I've given up. I'm going to sound fair weather but I just don't have the time anymore to cheer for ****** products on the field and basketball court. Life is too short to put as much emotionally into these teams like I have years passed. Maybe I'm growing up and maturing or maybe I've just lost my passion, I have no idea. Anyways I'll quit rambling.
Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

It's a little different for me, since I don't exclusively root for Arizona sports, being from Nevada and all. The Cards are my first and only love - and other teams I just passively care about.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

It's a little different for me, since I don't exclusively root for Arizona sports, being from Nevada and all. The Cards are my first and only love - and other teams I just passively care about.

Likewise and yeah our circumstances are different.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes you would..trust me. :)

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just remember dudes.. this board makes these loses easier to stomach. We get to banter both good/ bad and debate about stuff.. since I have actively been posting since last year, I notice I don't take loses nearly as bad(aging helping there as well)... A community like this is the real stuff my friends.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree. We're not close to a turnaround. We have a (whiny little one that can't throw the ball away) QBOF, and...mostly hot garbage. No o-line. No d-line. No secondary. Seriously, I'd trade Peterson and, were it feasible, can the rest of the secondary. A few starters here and there, and one star (Jones), but that's about it. This isn't a 1-year thing. We're not going to be in the playoffs in 2 years. And, if Keim stays, we won't be there in 5. Ugh.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of Steelers fans took home nice Arizona Cardinals scarves after this game.

Still was a very winnable game at the end even though it felt/sounded like a road game.

Worst showing by our fans in many years, IMHO.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It is hard not being a darksider following last season and what we have seen this year. So frustrating to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose