The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ja Morant is something. Reminds me of young D-Rose.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It hurts watching Morant play and thinking what could have been if the Suns landed at #2 in the 2019 lottery.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hes so good

Yeah, it's early but Morant has the chance to become elite. The consensus on the forum was to draft him at #2 if the Suns landed there. Oh, what could have been.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah, it's early but Morant has the chance to become elite. The consensus on the forum was to draft him at #2 if the Suns landed there. Oh, what could have been.
They couldn't wait 1 more year to change the lottery format?...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They couldn't wait 1 more year to change the lottery format?...

The timing is horrible indeed.

Players like Morant do not come along very often and they are usually drafted early like Trae Young and Stephen Curry.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man did i love the kid. As much as I saw Zion as next level, I wasn’t going to be disappointed landing morant. His athleticism and speed is somewhat missing on this team. It would’ve added a level we don’t have.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man did i love the kid. As much as I saw Zion as next level, I wasn’t going to be disappointed landing morant. His athleticism and speed is somewhat missing on this team. It would’ve added a level we don’t have.
Maybe Leque can develop. I was not sure about Morant early last year, but by draft time, I really wanted him.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Raptors and rockets fan tonight. Need the Mavs and Wolves to lose games. Feel like we might be battling with those two teams the rest of the year. Unless Portland and the spurs continue to struggle...in which case suns, mavs and wolves all make the playoffs.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we already seeing playoff and non playoff separation in the standings?

8th seed and higher, 7 wins or more.

9th and lower seeds, 5 wins or less.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Morant does look really really good, but IMO the Suns needed someone like Rubio, and I doubt we sign him if we'd drafted Morant. Rubio is a composed veteran, a great passer and a top tier defense guard. He is about as ideal of a pairing with Booker as imaginable.

In a couple years... I think we'd be better off with Morant, but I don't think this franchise or this fan base had a couple more years of non-contention in them.

That said... I still wish we'd taken Clarke at #11. But Cam is looking like a solid consolation prize.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Raptors and rockets fan tonight. Need the Mavs and Wolves to lose games. Feel like we might be battling with those two teams the rest of the year. Unless Portland and the spurs continue to struggle...in which case suns, mavs and wolves all make the playoffs.

I am not worried about them at all.

The suns are just better than the Mavs, Spurs, and Wolves.

We get Ayton back and he plays like I think he will and we should be a top 5 team by everyone's standards.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the Rockets (10-3) aren't struggling like I thought they might as they beat the Timberwolves on the road.

Harden had 49 points and 6 assists. Westbrook didn't play.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Morant does look really really good, but IMO the Suns needed someone like Rubio, and I doubt we sign him if we'd drafted Morant. Rubio is a composed veteran, a great passer and a top tier defense guard. He is about as ideal of a pairing with Booker as imaginable.

In a couple years... I think we'd be better off with Morant, but I don't think this franchise or this fan base had a couple more years of non-contention in them.

That said... I still wish we'd taken Clarke at #11. But Cam is looking like a solid consolation prize.

I love Cam Johnson I actually think he’s going to be really good. We desperately needed shooters well we needed a lot of everything. But you can never have to many shooters

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
And of course Boston has to lose a close one right before our game tomorrow...

They will be very motivated, but on the 2nd of a back to back so if we can weather a possible early storm we should pull it out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
???

As a suns fan, i dont see how one could feel like this. Same goes for a NBA fan.

Ryan Anderson's career dropped off steeply towards the end. It wasn't because of a lack of effort.

I guess I remember the good seasons and he was a former Sun.

It would be easy to reverse your question but I think you have answered it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan Anderson's career dropped off steeply towards the end. It wasn't because of a lack of effort.

I guess I remember the good seasons and he was a former Sun.

It would be easy to reverse your question but I think you have answered it.

Wasn't he already done a few years ago with the back injury? I believe it was Anderson who had the back problems.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member