The Walking Dead (AMC)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems they've been silent about it. Unless I missed something. I'm ready for them to expand the scope of the show.
I believe Jadis had contact with them at that point but my timelines are messed up when it comes to that junkyard.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I believe Jadis had contact with them at that point but my timelines are messed up when it comes to that junkyard.
Yeah, I don't understand that whole plot line. They're not explaining things very well. I would have dropped by now if my son wasn't such a big fan.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that was an episode. Really puts into perspective how bad that season of fear was

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are they filming different? or maybe more green screen? A lot of this looked soap opera effectish even with all that crap turned off on my tv.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First episode of the season was pretty good, but last night was a snooze fest. I swear they could have covered that in half the time.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First episode of the season was pretty good, but last night was a snooze fest. I swear they could have covered that in half the time.

For sure. Even just doing the back story would have been good. The current story was mostly uneventful and didnt add much. yeah, they killed someone for not being like them. Yeah, they are psycho. Got it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say though, instead of this new teenager walking dead, if I was pulling the strings I would have made a new series that is singular episode based, like a twilight zone. You could have an episode like this last one, specifically the meeting of alpha and beta and then kinda show them turn into a pack and then just cut out. Maybe they pop up in another episode fighting another group or something. There are so many cool stories you could tell in this universe. Good guys, bad guys, crazy events and more. You could make every episode super tense and suspenseful but have a payoff on every episode too and make all of them must watch vs having long plot set up episodes like this one.

Or even a step further, half season based on groups and chapters but then the next half of the season is a whole new story of survivors.

Either way I'm glad this show is back. It is light years better than the other one and I have no faith the third series will be worth a crap at this point because of how bad fear got.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so...

Negan left before, snuck out, decided to come back and that he would rather be there than gone. But now, someone snuck him out and he decided to leave? He did mention things to Daryl about how he bought in when he shouldnt have and etc but ultimately, it seems odd to have him leave. I am sure it leads to him doing something and coming back as they have been building for some time now that he can become part of the group. We'll see. A bummer the episode ended as there was a lot of good story building up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I quit watching this a few seasons ago, before Rick left. I'm not sure when I quit for sure. I think I stopped halfway through the season when Negan arrived. Has it gotten better? I learned the only episodes that mattered were the premieres and finales. Since they have the midseason break they had 2 of each every season but it seems like filler up until they hit one of those. Are they still doing that?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I quit watching this a few seasons ago, before Rick left. I'm not sure when I quit for sure. I think I stopped halfway through the season when Negan arrived. Has it gotten better? I learned the only episodes that mattered were the premieres and finales. Since they have the midseason break they had 2 of each every season but it seems like filler up until they hit one of those. Are they still doing that?
it all depends. If you just want to see people die and that is it, sure. The whole allure of the show thoguh is connecting with characters and then they die so that makes the filler very important.

To me, seasons 9 and ten have been fantastic and probably better than the negan seasons but the negan seasons were good too IMO. The biggest problem with them is qwatching week by week and occasionally getting an episode where not much happens but it is laying plot for the future. I imagine binging through the Negan seasons would be far faster pacing than watching week by week.

But IMO. I loved the whole thing. Lots of people didnt. just depends.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it all depends. If you just want to see people die and that is it, sure. The whole allure of the show thoguh is connecting with characters and then they die so that makes the filler very important.

To me, seasons 9 and ten have been fantastic and probably better than the negan seasons but the negan seasons were good too IMO. The biggest problem with them is qwatching week by week and occasionally getting an episode where not much happens but it is laying plot for the future. I imagine binging through the Negan seasons would be far faster pacing than watching week by week.

But IMO. I loved the whole thing. Lots of people didnt. just depends.

I was a big fan from the beginning but got tired of how they would separate the group and then only show Carol one week and then it would be 3 weeks until you saw her again because then there was a Rick episode and then a Maggie episode. It was like they purposefully separated the group just so they could draw out the conflict. Every other show on TV would show you every group each week but not Walking Dead and not for the better either. They'd all build to the finale where everyone got back together for the next premiere to separate them so they can split them up and jump around again. That pacing might not be an issue binging but watching each week was frustrating.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a big fan from the beginning but got tired of how they would separate the group and then only show Carol one week and then it would be 3 weeks until you saw her again because then there was a Rick episode and then a Maggie episode. It was like they purposefully separated the group just so they could draw out the conflict. Every other show on TV would show you every group each week but not Walking Dead and not for the better either. They'd all build to the finale where everyone got back together for the next premiere to separate them so they can split them up and jump around again. That pacing might not be an issue binging but watching each week was frustrating.
If you dropped off, you have a ton you could binge on Netflix at this point. Even in the comics, the groups are split up and really, separating the stories makes a ton of sense at times. Even recently, there was an episode almost entirely or maybe entirely, I don't remember, dedicated to a back story about the bad guys and I was fine with it.

Did you like the cheesemaker episode with Morgan? I thought it was fantastic but it was right up that alley. Once you have a cast of 20+ it's not too easy to have everyone in every episode.

Either way, if you loved it before, I think it's worth bringing. Seasons 2 and especially 3 of fear are really good too. Outside of that you're not missing much.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably just me, but I don't find the actress playing Alpha to be at all creepy. For that matter, I don't find her character to be particularly plausible, either. The concept of the Whisperers works for me, just not the leader. In any quasi-real life sort of thing, she'd be more of a Brunhilda type physically.

Peter Jackson did essentially the same thing to Eowyn in the LOTR trilogy, taking a character that Tolkien clearly made into a Brunhilda, instead making her into a much more feminine character.

BTW, I have absolutely no idea how the comics portrayed Alpha...

P.S. Beta is a badass!!!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably just me, but I don't find the actress playing Alpha to be at all creepy. For that matter, I don't find her character to be particularly plausible, either. The concept of the Whisperers works for me, just not the leader. In any quasi-real life sort of thing, she'd be more of a Brunhilda type physically.

Peter Jackson did essentially the same thing to Eowyn in the LOTR trilogy, taking a character that Tolkien clearly made into a Brunhilda, instead making her into a much more feminine character.

BTW, I have absolutely no idea how the comics portrayed Alpha...

P.S. Beta is a badass!!!!!

Her exchange with Carol at the border in a recent episode was the creepiest she has acted. I thought that was really good. Aside from that, she just seems mentally unstable and not necessarily creepy.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man...I hope the next episode picks up right there instead of going into other stuff and making us wait to see what happens.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 minutes of that I've would have covered it. I'm ready for the conflict

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good episode slow at some points

But seeing neganwith beta was funny awesome at same time! I think beta secretly kind of likes negan. I know what happens cause of the comics btw.

The water twist was the slow part of the episode

Also be interesting to see where the sidiq story goes

Really like what king is doing without andrew Lincoln

Wish we still would have got old man carl but gimple ****** that up.....

Be rdy to be a baseball alpha! :)

Glad you chose to participate but if you could not spoil what's coming that would be cool. I have a hunch but that just crapped in my anticipation.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omfg im sorry.... it still could be different

It very well could be but if people are going to spoil the comic arcs in the future I can not participate in the thread. The whole attraction is the suspense. I already go on a media blackout for 24 hours because I cant watch until Monday night and spoilers get rampant on the web after an episode. This should be the first one that I know what happens since Glenns fake death. I accidentally saw that on twitter and the whole episode lots all of its juice because I was just waiting for Glenn to die. He didnt ultimately but there was no suspense anymore.

That an all the obvious, constant spoilers that get put out like maggie leaving, maggie coming back, michonne leaving and etc. I really wish the news publications wouldnt beat the drum so loudly. Even with rick leaving, we knew before the season started that it would be his last season. What is the fun in that? Its like telling me who will win the cardinals game before it even comes on, why would I still watch it?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

when you've got an ensemble as huge as the Walking Dead, you have to split people up, otherwise your budgets would be out of control if you had every character in every episode. just too big of ensemble to do that.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really not interested in Siddiq's bout with PTSD. I mean, everyone who is alive to this point has experienced some horrible trauma.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose