The Walking Dead (AMC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder how the ratings now are doing since Andrew Lincoln left?!

they've been on a downward spiral for the last three seasons, but it looks like the bottom has truly fallen out this season.

even still... it's the top rated show on Sunday nights. But it is nowhere near the juggernaut it used to be. Shame. The writing is so much better this season for the most part.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was a really great emotional ender for the season. the fallout from the heads on spikes was written incredibly well... real.

there were bumps in the road this season, mostly around Rick's final episodes and then the jarring time-jump, but the last four or five episodes were the best in a very long while.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great episode. Looking forward to next season. They got over the Vacuum pretty quickly, I had concerns for a few episodes.

I did think it was hokie that some zombies were frozen solid but some were covered in snow and could jump out at you at full zombie speed to attack. Also, how everyone acted like they haven't dealt with snow and zombies before was weird. Obviously this has happened a lot and we just haven't seen it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the frozen one minute thawed and feisty the next was pretty lame. Also, why was it still green and moderate temperature in the scene with Alpha and Beta? Was that a time jump?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another great episode. Looking forward to next season. They got over the Vacuum pretty quickly, I had concerns for a few episodes.

I did think it was hokie that some zombies were frozen solid but some were covered in snow and could jump out at you at full zombie speed to attack. Also, how everyone acted like they haven't dealt with snow and zombies before was weird. Obviously this has happened a lot and we just haven't seen it.
I don't think it was they never dealt with snow, this looked like an unexpected cold snap with a blizzard. But the point about the difference in the dead is a good point. Also, I didn't realize that the entirety of Hilltop was wiped out. And, finally, the voice on the radio. Speculation? The voice was obviously female. Is it Maggie? Jadis? My guess, or hope? A Fear/WD crossover.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the frozen one minute thawed and feisty the next was pretty lame. Also, why was it still green and moderate temperature in the scene with Alpha and Beta? Was that a time jump?
That too. I was wondering why they weren't buried in snow.

The frozen kills were pretty awesome, just odd story telling to have some not frozen.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was they never dealt with snow, this looked like an unexpected cold snap with a blizzard. But the point about the difference in the dead is a good point. Also, I didn't realize that the entirety of Hilltop was wiped out. And, finally, the voice on the radio. Speculation? The voice was obviously female. Is it Maggie? Jadis? My guess, or hope? A Fear/WD crossover.
Hilltop is wiped out? Didn't they arrive at hilltop while everyone else is in Alexandria? The kingdom was wiped out for sure....I guess it somehow caught on fire during a blizzard.

I think the wording was that the snow was unexpected but the way it was handled is that they were totally unprepared with how to deal with snow but maybe that's just because apparently only some zombies freeze :shrug:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hilltop is wiped out? Didn't they arrive at hilltop while everyone else is in Alexandria? The kingdom was wiped out for sure....I guess it somehow caught on fire during a blizzard.

I think the wording was that the snow was unexpected but the way it was handled is that they were totally unprepared with how to deal with snow but maybe that's just because apparently only some zombies freeze :shrug:
Kingdom wasn't wiped out. It had been falling apart for quite sometime. At the beginning of the season they were having problems with the steampipes. As for Hilltop, when they got there, Hilltop was abandoned. Jerry was talking about renaming it KingTop or something like that. The whole thing was surreal. It wasn't like the Whisperers wiped out whole communities at the Faire, just a select few. Why Hilltop was abandoned I don't know.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kingdom wasn't wiped out. It had been falling apart for quite sometime. At the beginning of the season they were having problems with the steampipes. As for Hilltop, when they got there, Hilltop was abandoned. Jerry was talking about renaming it KingTop or something like that. The whole thing was surreal. It wasn't like the Whisperers wiped out whole communities at the Faire, just a select few. Why Hilltop was abandoned I don't know.
I guess I didn't catch that hilltop was abandoned. I did watch it at 1am after like 11 hours of travel so there is that

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They made that reference to Hilltop losing Jesus and Tara (after losing Maggie as well). But I didn’t gather that Hilltop was abandoned when they arrived. Maybe because the people I would have expected to greet them (Maggie, Jesus, Tara, Enid, even Alden) were all gone, dead, or with the arrivals.

As for the snow and preparedness, Virginia east of the mountains is humid subtropical, and based on where people think Hilltop is (Culpepper), everything on the snow is basically within 50 miles of the coast. It’s possible they haven’t dealt with that kind of cold weather much, especially unexpectedly.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They made that reference to Hilltop losing Jesus and Tara (after losing Maggie as well). But I didn’t gather that Hilltop was abandoned when they arrived. Maybe because the people I would have expected to greet them (Maggie, Jesus, Tara, Enid, even Alden) were all gone, dead, or with the arrivals.

As for the snow and preparedness, Virginia east of the mountains is humid subtropical, and based on where people think Hilltop is (Culpepper), everything on the snow is basically within 50 miles of the coast. It’s possible they haven’t dealt with that kind of cold weather much, especially unexpectedly.

Yeah I'm not even sure what is left of hilltop citizenship at this point but really, all it ever had outside of jesus was whoever decided to hang there from ricks groups.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
read som
read today the showrunner says the whisperers are nomads and reason they didn't have snow is that after the pikes, they wandered off and are in a different area for now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rumors abound that Maggie could be coming back. Only left over contract disputes and has always been in touch with everyone. Could be part of the movies, part of a spin off wherever she went or coming back to the show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rumors abound that Maggie could be coming back. Only left over contract disputes and has always been in touch with everyone. Could be part of the movies, part of a spin off wherever she went or coming back to the show.

all depends on if Whiskey Cavalier gets picked up. If it does, she might have the opportunity to come back for a couple episode arc, but no way she can do both seasons of TV... nor would ABC let her.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it ended abruptly, but didn't really worry about it. I should have known when they didn't show scenes from next week or credits, but I figured that's all that got cut off. I've learned my lesson.

AH. I finally caught up last night and couldn't figure out what happened. All of a sudden it went from the Henry running to fix something to the next episode everyone was displaced, people were missing and people who I thought got captured were running around free.

So Daryl and Co did get captured and it wasn't just my imagination.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just bingewatched the entire series. I actually really liked the show. The writing is spectacular and rarely leaves a stone unturned. The only thing is: What the hell was up with the helicopter and Rick Grimes? Do we know if he’s dead or not?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bingewatched the entire series. I actually really liked the show. The writing is spectacular and rarely leaves a stone unturned. The only thing is: What the hell was up with the helicopter and Rick Grimes? Do we know if he’s dead or not?
He's alive and will be in a "movie series" on AMC. The current fear the walking dead episodes are teasing a lot of it

If you decide to watch fear, it really gets good in season 3. Worth the push imo.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they should bring her back to the show, especially if Michonne is gonzo after this season.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they should bring her back to the show, especially if Michonne is gonzo after this season.
The only problem is if this future group is Georgie's group and baggie would return from there before the movies or something?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah, it's getting annoying how they never mention the helicopter.

I restarted the show and am on S1E4. Daryl looks so young! The early episodes were so intense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's getting annoying how they never mention the helicopter.

I restarted the show and am on S1E4. Daryl looks so young! The early episodes were so intense.

I think they are all supposed to have not even seen the helicopter somehow. They think Rick washed down the river.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I think they are all supposed to have not even seen the helicopter somehow. They think Rick washed down the river.
Maybe it was an airplane. I don't remember, but I know I've asked before what the deal is with the aircraft? Seems like it's been a few seasons now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was an airplane. I don't remember, but I know I've asked before what the deal is with the aircraft? Seems like it's been a few seasons now.
The one that flew over the junkyard? I thinks it's been alluded that it was the same group hasn't it?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The one that flew over the junkyard? I thinks it's been alluded that it was the same group hasn't it?

Yeah, it seems they've been silent about it. Unless I missed something. I'm ready for them to expand the scope of the show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose