Need a laugh? Watch First Take Compare Murray and Jones

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I don't watch it therefore I don't care what these jackwads say but in the end we'll get the last laugh.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Max Kellerman is calling Kyler Murray a one read qb.

He's not going through a ton of progressions right now no but again the kid basically played 1 year as a starter. I like Jones he has good size, arm and he can move but he could have easily had 5 or 6 turnovers yesterday right now he's too loose with the ball.

As for Kyler yes he was a game manager yesterday but who in their right mind is going to come out throwing the ball all over the field when we don't have Kirk, DJ barely plays, it's raining, and the Giants are playing 6 and 7 db's with regularity from the 2nd quarter on? That was the adjustment Bettcher made his really big DL was too slow to handle our sweeps and reverses so he went to extra DB's figuring more team speed, and they could handle us in 4 and 5 WR sets without having to sub. It worked, really good adjustment, but part of why it worked is without DJ we had only 1 RB and while Chase was terrific, he's human I thought at times he got fatigued. Give us Chase and DJ and I think we just run the ball down their throats the whole game.

Kyler made a huge mistake on the sack that led to the FG block and the running out of bounds later was a mistake. Jones made a ton of mistakes including the sack and fumble by CJ that was totally on Jones holding the ball so long(as pointed out by the announcers) and even the fumble on the PP blitz was just him not seeing the blitz coming from the blindside(and Barkley missing the pickup). The INT was his fault, the one that Reddick couldn't hold on to was a risky throw. He threw one right to PP but he either mistimed his leap or has lost some hops as he couldn't get up and the ball got over him but was not caught by Tate. He had another fumble they recovered.

I think they're both going to be good QB's but I think if you look at who we're running out there at Wr now, other than Larry we have 2 FA"s in Byrd and Cooper, 6th round pick in Johnson, very raw guy in Isabella(he caught one!) and Sherfield who was a UDFA. Larry is past his prime and Kirk is out injured, that Murray has nearly 300 yards per game passing with this group is a tribute to the scheme and to his performance. I mean the 3rd best receiver on this team is RB David Johnson.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Giants were routinely hitting K1 after he gave himself up & getting away with it. They finally got flagged, but only after like the 3rd or 4th it happened. Pretty sure we had to punt in a couple of those, when we should have been given 15 yards & a 1st down. I’m wondering if that’s why KK kept the ball in Edmonds hands so much in the 2nd half, even when it was clear that the Giants were clearly focused on Chase??

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Giants were routinely hitting K1 after he gave himself up & getting away with it. They finally got flagged, but only after like the 3rd or 4th it happened. Pretty sure we had to punt in a couple of those, when we should have been given 15 yards & a 1st down. I’m wondering if that’s why KK kept the ball in Edmonds hands so much in the 2nd half, even when it was clear that the Giants were clearly focused on Chase??

A couple of those live I was yelling late hit but then on the replay it seemed like it wasn't. There was one I was really mad at then on the replay it appeared the 2 defenders actually hit each other not Murray. I do agree though he is taking shots after the slide that other bigger name QB's get penalties on.

They made adjustments in the first half we were doing the jet sweeps and combos off it, Isabella was in a bit and we were effective. He was almost never in for the 2nd half I think because they had so many DB's in we saw it was going to be harder to run wide so that part of his scheme was neutralized.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A couple of those live I was yelling late hit but then on the replay it seemed like it wasn't. There was one I was really mad at then on the replay it appeared the 2 defenders actually hit each other not Murray. I do agree though he is taking shots after the slide that other bigger name QB's get penalties on.

The one that got me mad is where Murray was hit in the head by X giants player when Kyler was giving himself up. They did throw the flag but still.

Olson made the comment "that is a tough call."
No, it wasn't.:mad:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The one that got me mad is where Murray was hit in the head by X giants player when Kyler was giving himself up. They did throw the flag but still.

Olson made the comment "that is a tough call."
No, it wasn't.:mad:
He said it was a tough call, but ultimately the right call. It looked like the defender had committed to diving at Kyler’s feet on the play, but at the same time Kyler went into his slide and that made it very difficult for the defender to avoid the contact. Things happen fast in the NFL and you can’t always avoid illegal hits.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
The no call on the obvious horse-collar tackle of Murray had me ticked off. Early in the game there was a late hit on Murray that should have been called, but wasn't. Had it been no-called consistently, I'd have been fine, but we got flagged for essentially the same play on the next NY drive.

Go Cards!!!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a "you" thing because I have enjoyed every game Greg Olsen has done in the booth.
Yes I didnt say it's a we thing
Its a subjective thing
I don't like the tone of his voice, saying the word unfortunately when the giants couldn't get the first down

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yes I didnt say it's a we thing
I don't know what to say
I don't like the tone of his voice, saying the word unfortunately when the giants couldn't get the first down
That just sounded like an offensive player that has had too many good plays called back. I guess it's just about how you interpret it, but I didn't see that as biased, but just disappointed that a great play that he just saw was being called back because of a penalty. I suspect he would have made a similar comment if it were the Cardinals that it happened to.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a "you" thing because I have enjoyed every game Greg Olsen has done in the booth.

I liked him too. He said we a few times talking about Carolina but as an active player I can't fault him.

I liked how he really understood blocking schemes. A couple of runs he did a great job pointing out why the hole was so big

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
True.

Kellerman also went on to add that everything wrong Daniel Jones is fixable. Lulz.

You can't fix awareness. that's my take.

Their love child was undressed and spanked in front of everyone in the big showdown. His counterpart didn’t shine, but he didn’t shrivel like Danny turnovers. So they are butt hurt.

Yes..... Agreed. Their line was a middle of the pack group coming in to this game and we annihilated them. that east coast bias has to hurt a bit when it's shoved down their throats.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe is basically calling Kyler Murray a game manager on undisputed.
Watching the video right now and he seems to be making very fair comments. He stated that Murray was simply a game manager against the Giants and I don't think anyone could argue other wise.

They were also both very complimentary of Kliff for being willing to call such a run heavy game plan despite being known as a pass first coach.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Budda was rightfully called out in that video for not making a play on the Ellison TD. He seemed gun shy to me.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

I had no idea he doubled up like this. I thought it was a unique experience having a current player analyzing a game as he was able to share current data seeing as though they played the Cardinals earlier this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Budda was rightfully called out in that video for not making a play on the Ellison TD. He seemed gun shy to me.

There was another big play I think a 4th down conversion where he got into I can't decide mode. He was trying to cut in front to break it up and then at the last minute decided he was going to just hit the Wr instead. So he didn't touch the pass and the hit on the WR was nothing and the guy caught the ball and held on easily.

He just doesn't have the ball hawking instincts you need. He correctly figured out where Jones was throwing the ball and had a good break on it, just didn't close fast enough or decisively enough to actually break it up.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It took until 4th year to know Dak is better than Wentz.

I would say let's wait until end of 2021 at least to know where both players are headed. So far I like Murray way better than Jones.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The no call on the obvious horse-collar tackle of Murray had me ticked off. Early in the game there was a late hit on Murray that should have been called, but wasn't. Had it been no-called consistently, I'd have been fine, but we got flagged for essentially the same play on the next NY drive.

Go Cards!!!

Yeah when he slid, a Giant jumped on him.

And the horse collar by Peppers was pretty obvious as well.

I think it was on the Giants passing TD to Ellisom that CJ was being held obviously too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It took until 4th year to know Dak is better than Wentz.

I would say let's wait until end of 2021 at least to know where both players are headed. So far I like Murray way better than Jones.

Dak has had a much better team.

He is the single most overrated QB in the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's not going through a ton of progressions right now no but again the kid basically played 1 year as a starter. I like Jones he has good size, arm and he can move but he could have easily had 5 or 6 turnovers yesterday right now he's too loose with the ball.

As for Kyler yes he was a game manager yesterday but who in their right mind is going to come out throwing the ball all over the field when we don't have Kirk, DJ barely plays, it's raining, and the Giants are playing 6 and 7 db's with regularity from the 2nd quarter on? That was the adjustment Bettcher made his really big DL was too slow to handle our sweeps and reverses so he went to extra DB's figuring more team speed, and they could handle us in 4 and 5 WR sets without having to sub. It worked, really good adjustment, but part of why it worked is without DJ we had only 1 RB and while Chase was terrific, he's human I thought at times he got fatigued. Give us Chase and DJ and I think we just run the ball down their throats the whole game.

Kyler made a huge mistake on the sack that led to the FG block and the running out of bounds later was a mistake. Jones made a ton of mistakes including the sack and fumble by CJ that was totally on Jones holding the ball so long(as pointed out by the announcers) and even the fumble on the PP blitz was just him not seeing the blitz coming from the blindside(and Barkley missing the pickup). The INT was his fault, the one that Reddick couldn't hold on to was a risky throw. He threw one right to PP but he either mistimed his leap or has lost some hops as he couldn't get up and the ball got over him but was not caught by Tate. He had another fumble they recovered.

I think they're both going to be good QB's but I think if you look at who we're running out there at Wr now, other than Larry we have 2 FA"s in Byrd and Cooper, 6th round pick in Johnson, very raw guy in Isabella(he caught one!) and Sherfield who was a UDFA. Larry is past his prime and Kirk is out injured, that Murray has nearly 300 yards per game passing with this group is a tribute to the scheme and to his performance. I mean the 3rd best receiver on this team is RB David Johnson.

Agree.

Danny dimes is going to be a good player. Everyone calling out the Giants for taking Danny Dimes over Dwayne Trashcans are crazy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose