Need a laugh? Watch First Take Compare Murray and Jones

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Marcus Spears is right. That's not a knock on Murray either.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm glad these guys are mouthing off. Kyler uses this as fuel.

Dammit I love the name Danny Dimes. I hope we kick his @ss all over the field on Sunday just because I like that name so much.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm glad these guys are mouthing off. Kyler uses this as fuel.

Dammit I love the name Danny Dimes. I hope we kick his @ss all over the field on Sunday just because I like that name so much.
Kyler Quarters?
Money Murray?
Kyler Nickles?
Kyler Pesos?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To continue my thoughts, I’m ok with them saying who would you take when starting a team. Sure Daniel Jones looks the part, but even Spears admitted it’s not about how they’re playing right now. So the whole debate is really useless.

I have not seen Daniel Jones play so there really is no reason for me to bash him, but again their arguments are what gets me. Max clearly admitted his bias and Spears obviously doesn’t watch Cardinals games or Oklahoma games for that matter. He kept saying that Murray is so system specific. Do we really know that? Of course he is running what he ran in college, but is that all he can run?

I will be honest and admit that Murray is not my preferred QB, but it’s hard to ignore what he has been able to do.

Last edited:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gosh, ESPN, the same guys that called the Wilks firing after one season unfair...

They didn't view one game last year and for sure didn't see one this year.

If they would view Cards games, they would eat crow just about anything they say.

But still, if someone can tell baloynies and poo about every day and doesn't got fired when proven otherwise, you should stay away from that company or person. Because you will lose money and time if you listen to that person.

So no ESPN isn't really something you can base something on.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could have slapped Marcus Spears through the damn tv. He up there gushing over Jones like he's a shoe-in for Canton. You would think that an ex-player would go easy with the accolades until the guy actually does something but he lost all credibility with me with that nonsense. I love Kyler so far and what he's done, but even a die-hard fan, like me, whos's dying for a winner can hold off anointing him until he actually does something. That should go the same for Jones, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, even Mahommes. This league is unforgiving, and I've watched enough football in my life to know a season or two does not make the next Montana.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could have slapped Marcus Spears through the damn tv. He up there gushing over Jones like he's a shoe-in for Canton. You would think that an ex-player would go easy with the accolades until the guy actually does something but he lost all credibility with me with that nonsense. I love Kyler so far and what he's done, but even a die-hard fan, like me, whos's dying for a winner can hold off anointing him until he actually does something. That should go the same for Jones, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, even Mahommes. This league is unforgiving, and I've watched enough football in my life to know a season or two does not make the next Montana.
ESPN. Home of the sellouts.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I feel like people here are angry on account of it being a hot take against our QB, when it's not anything wild being said.

How is it laughable in any way for someone to say that Daniel Jones may be the better player when their athleticism fades?

There's so much time for this to come to fruition, but I think a lot of you just want to feel disrespected.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

We saw last night when Mahomes got hurt, how things can change in an instant. Granted, it doesn't sound too terribly bad, but it doesn't take away from the fact that injuries happen. No one expected Gurley to have an arthritic knee this early on, but he does. No one saw Luck's career coming to an end as early as it did. But it did. There are many similar stories in sports, and with football, the odds are heightened.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel like people here are angry on account of it being a hot take against our QB, when it's not anything wild being said.

How is it laughable in any way for someone to say that Daniel Jones may be the better player when their athleticism fades?

There's so much time for this to come to fruition, but I think a lot of you just want to feel disrespected.

Solar, I'm not personally. I'm not even mad at that assessment, but I think the question was who would you rather have right now. If Spears had just said that, fine. But I'm almost sure I heard him say that Jones will be better than Manning when it's all said and done. That's a reach if I ever heard one. Especially since we haven't gone through a full season with him yet. I know their job is to present hot button issues and spark dialogue with opinions, but don't insult my intelligence. Especially Kellerman who roasted the Giants incessantly when they picked him, now he slobbers over the dude unabashedly. Present a take and back it up with reason, and I can shake my head in agreement when it's called for. Even if it's an anti-Cards opinion

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like Jones he's better than I expected but this Kyler is too short stuff is silly. If he's too short, it would have already been proven out he's played 6 games in the NFL and teams are scouting us to stop him.

I watched 5 minutes of last nights game and yet again there's 8 foot tall Joe Flacco having a pass batted down, it's not just height there's throwing lanes, timing etc involved. I hope Jones has a great career, I hope Minshew has a great career, hell I hope Josh Rosen does, but I wouldn't take any of them over Kyler Murray right now and I didn't want us to draft Kyler. He's done enough in 6 games to convince me he's a good choice.

He's in a better situation than we had last year, better coaching, the this offense is light years ahead of last year and he's a big reason why. I won't be at all surprised if he struggles a bit sunday on the road early start etc but he is the QBOTF for this franchise I'm quite confident in saying he was the right choice over staying with Josh.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut the cable for a year because of this type of garbage. We are getting old if we are watching television. The days of Stuart Scott and Jim Rome’s “Fresh Takes” are over.

Oof, Jim Rome gave life to people Stephen A and Skip Bayless.

Jim Rome owes a debt to society.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I consider winning MVP of the league as 'doing something.'

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I consider winning MVP of the league as 'doing something.'
DC, I agree. Mahommes is that dude. I'm just saying. I'm all about sustained success. He is more accomplished than the others, I'm just speaking broadly about putting someone on lofty pedestals without having them do it year in year out.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

When their comments starts with labeling him a "running QB" than yes they clearly don't know what their talking about and they clearly haven't actually been watching the games because running is not something he heavily relies on.

Also Kyler has not only been the better runner than Jones, but also the better passer and that is despite the fact that Jones had a lot more experience playing in college.

On top of that Kyler is showing to be a very good passer under pressure and Jones is proving to be significantly worse when pressured. To me that is a pretty big red flag for a QB, even a rookie one.

I see no reason that with that information in mind people would be so sure about Jones being the better player in the long run unless they are uninformed with some of this information.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When their comments starts with labeling him a "running QB" than yes they clearly don't know what their talking about and they clearly haven't actually been watching the games because running is not something he heavily relies on.

Also Kyler has not only been the better runner than Jones, but also the better passer and that is despite the fact that Jones had a lot more experience playing in college.

On top of that Kyler is showing to be a very good passer under pressure and Jones is proving to be significantly worse when pressured. To me that is a pretty big red flag for a QB, even a rookie one.

I see no reason that with that information in mind people would be so sure about Jones being the better player in the long run unless they are uninformed with some of this information.

It’s hard to say he’s not a running QB when he’s putting up these numbers rushing, and did at OU. Now, that doesn’t mean he can’t be both, but I feel like it’s pointless to get offended when his upside above a guy like Jones is totally predicated on the fact he has a an extra gear and dimension of his game that Jones simply does not.

I think it’s valid to question if he’ll hold the same value down the line, but I can agree for right now, I’d rather have him than Daniel Jones.

The positive about KM vs. some of the other QBs that have a more running style is that his arm is a legit cannon, so even if it weakens, I’m not overly concerned with diminished arm strength or his delivery.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It’s hard to say he’s not a running QB when he’s putting up these numbers rushing, and did at OU. Now, that doesn’t mean he can’t be both, but I feel like it’s pointless to get offended when his upside above a guy like Jones is totally predicated on the fact he has a an extra gear and dimension of his game that Jones simply does not.

I think it’s valid to question if he’ll hold the same value down the line, but I can agree for right now, I’d rather have him than Daniel Jones.

The positive about KM vs. some of the other QBs that have a more running style is that his arm is a legit cannon, so even if it weakens, I’m not overly concerned with diminished arm strength or his delivery.
Calling someone a "running QB" implies that he needs to run to be effective. He is a QB that can beat you with his feet, but that is nothing more than an added bonus as he can also beat while simply standing in the pocket and throwing all day.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Calling someone a "running QB" implies that he needs to run to be effective. He is a QB that can beat you with his feet, but that is nothing more than an added bonus as he can also beat while simply standing in the pocket and throwing all day.
I mean, his running has really helped him and the team in some of these games, being solely responsible for one of our few TDs and sealing one of our games as a victory on his scramble, but okay...

It’s almost fair to say that if he wasn’t using his feet, we’d be winless.

This isn’t in any way a judgement, it’s just... running is a dimension of his game, and we haven’t had as much success when he’s been tentative to take off.