Colin Cowherd - “I’d Take Dwayne Haskins Over Kyler Murray”

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not only doesn't he like KM, but in this week's picks, he loves the Giants to destroy the Cardinals.

CC is SO annoying. The mere sound of his voice puts me over the edge. He gives nerds a bad name. He would have struggled growing up in my neighborhood back in the 60's. If he was as bad a "know it all" then as he is now, he would have been a wedgie candidate almost daily:D:D.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Time will tell, but no unless Kyler gets smushed - which is still probable - this year

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Is it so hard to believe he picked the giants ? The cards have won 2 in a row(and could’ve easily lost both) against teams with a combined 1-11 record.

Plus it’s an east coast game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it so hard to believe he picked the giants ? The cards have won 2 in a row(and could’ve easily lost both) against teams with a combined 1-11 record.

Plus it’s an east coast game.

If not for Murray, I would bet my house on us losing. Even with Murray, it’s still a long shot that we win an East coast 1:00 game. Our D did their best to give away the Cincy game down the stretch.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd is the 2004 equivalent of Jim Rome in 1994 without the innovation. Every take is “fresh” but it all comes from Cowherd (who takes no callers). Cowherd has been doing the same show for 20 years now. Literally the same script. At least Rome started something innovative and did something new. Cowherd is a weasel

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Even with Murray, it’s still a long shot that we win an East coast 1:00 game.

i dunno

i havent seen much of a difference in this team on the road or at home

the D looks terrible on the first drive, but then seems to settle down. The O is productive --

then late in the game, the d gets figured out and the diff between wins or losses is if the O had built enough of a lead to survive

the Giants are better than the Bengals, but worse than the Falcons

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
i dunno

the D looks terrible on the first drive, but then seems to settle down. The O is productive --

then late in the game, the d gets figured out and the diff between wins or losses is if the O had built enough of a lead to survive

And the Cardinals have Patrick Peterson tomorrow. Unleash the pass rush

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i dunno

Yes, but the Falcons game was in AZ.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i dunno

Are they really?

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Are they really?
Offensively Atlanta is much better. Atlanta is 7th is total yards per game compared to giants at 21. Points per game not as big of a gap but still better.

Defensively both are horrible, but Atlanta has actually allowed less total yards per game. Points per game giants are slightly better. Defensively basically a wash.

Long story short, yes I think it is reasonable to say Atlanta is better than the giants. But they both are pretty bad.

Edit: I suppose you could make the case that with Barkley and Engram healthy now, their offense will be better.

football karma

Reaction score
Edit: I suppose you could make the case that with Barkley and Engram healthy now, their offense will be better.

even with them back, Atlanta is better. Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley are both way better than the Giants WRs. Matt Ryan is way better than Daniel Jones. Engram and Hooper are likely a wash. Barkley has the edge, but Devante Freeman is still very good.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
even with them back, Atlanta is better. Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley are both way better than the Giants WRs. Matt Ryan is way better than Daniel Jones. Engram and Hooper are likely a wash. Barkley has the edge, but Devante Freeman is still very good.

You lost all credibility when you said Engram and Hooper are a wash. Engram is the second best TE in the league behind Kelce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giants OLine >Falcons OLine
Giants DLine > Falcons DLine

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
If the giants played the falcons on a neutral field I would be surprised if the falcons weren’t favored. But, yeah, we’re talking about who is like the 28th best team in the league...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We got a shot if Jones is really off.

If he's kept clean like Kyle Allen we'd be in trouble. Jones is very accurate when kept clean.

There might be rain so they might want to just pound us with Barkley.

Kyler is going to have maintain his level of play from last week.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cbus, not surprising that he picked the Giants, but VERY SURPRISING that he thought they would destroy us. Or anyone for that matter. They also have a rookie QB, who I think is pretty good, but Vegas, who knows a lot more than me or CC, pegs the Giants as three point favorites.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
FWIW the giants are the most picked team in the westgate supercontest which is the biggest NFL gambling contest in the country(winner gets over $1.4m). The next being the rams and SF

football karma

Reaction score
You lost all credibility when you said Engram and Hooper are a wash. Engram is the second best TE in the league behind Kelce.

fine -- but overall offense? Atlanta's WRs are way, way more dangerous than the Giants. Ryan is way, way better than Jones.

the Giants are a bottom 10 offense in yards/game. Atlanta is a top 10.

both have bad defenses

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
fine -- but overall offense? Atlanta's WRs are way, way more dangerous than the Giants. Ryan is way, way better than Jones.

the Giants are a bottom 10 offense in yards/game. Atlanta is a top 10.

both have bad defenses
Why are you ignoring the trenches?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised either way. I just know Daniel Jones is a stiff and has mediocre QB written all over him.
General rule of thumb - There is a point where a "competant" QB either sinks to mediocrity or develops a skill set that elevates him into the Very Good category (as in Tom Brady, Eli Manning or Matt Ryan).

Will Jones grow into an elite QB? or will he fade away? Could go either way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose